Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of if the mother thought it was the best for him etc. etc. it’s clear negligence and I’m not sure how people can justify it. It wasn’t an arrangement where she knew for sure that it was the best situation for him. That is clear to me based on the fact that she knew “step dad” worked but was unaware of who was caring for the child. She should be in direct contact with that person as well and be aware of what happens in his day to day life. No responsible parent hands their baby over to someone who isn’t blood related based on the assumption that they will be okay. If it were a case where this is really what she felt was the best for her son then she would have made sure that it definitely was, she was relying on other people and their words when it’s HER baby. Not having regular contact with the baby is detrimental to the child, she created no normalcy for him. She couldn’t visit him a few times a week or have dinner with him or spend time with him at all just because she is raising an autistic child??? Such bs. There is no excuse. I would cut her some slack if something happened to him and she actually was on top of everything like she should have been and people were presenting her falsehoods, but she wasn’t even checking up on him.

Also, why weren’t her other family members helping take care of King while she was caring for her daughter? Many families have severely autistic children and don’t have more after that and just pass them over to someone else because it’s too hard. If she truly felt that King not being in the home was best for him then there are SO MANY ways she could have gone about it but she chose a very unfavorable route and is now paying the ultimate price. I have no doubt in my mind that she is devastated as a mother and of course she didn’t mean for this to happen, but this was clearly not a good situation for King. Even if he got out alive I wouldn’t be surprised if he dealt with abandonment issues to a certain degree later in life. It just wasn’t a healthy situation for a baby all around. She neglected his needs and expected others to do her job for free. She had an autistic child already when she decided to bring King into the world. He was dumped by her pretty quickly. He’s her responsibility and she had plenty of time to get her act together. MOO.

This child was failed on so many levels. Maybe the stepfather had him because the mom could not care for him. I am not sure why other relatives of the moms did not have little King. Perhaps he was kind of in a situation so he had the babysitter thinking he was doing the best he could. The mom had not seen him in over a month and only wanted him for his birthday so she could celebrate, not sure why that was so important to her when she was not actually being a mother. Who doesn't see their 2 year old for extended periods of time like that?? Sorry but I cannot give the mom or her family a pass on this one. JMO
I'm definitely not giving anyone a pass, just wanted to point out that the stepfather appears to have given him away and IMO did not have contact with him either.

I keep wondering about the financials of this case, because it’s hard for me to imagine someone other than a grandparent babysitting 24/7 for weeks at a time with no form of compensation. Little kids are expensive (diapers, clothes) and time-consuming (potty-treaining, teaching them how to feed themselves, etc).

Who was getting paid in this arrangement, and how? Was anyone receiving child support or public assistance for King’s care? I also wonder what would happen if King had needed emergency medical care—wouldn’t his legal guardian have been contacted after initial care was rendered? It just seems like such a tenuous situation.
Yes so many questions According to TP cousin she was not paid and loved him as if he was her own.....and then she killed him just so devastating all around....

Regardless of if the mother thought it was the best for him etc. etc. it’s clear negligence and I’m not sure how people can justify it. It wasn’t an arrangement where she knew for sure that it was the best situation for him. That is clear to me based on the fact that she knew “step dad” worked but was unaware of who was caring for the child. She should be in direct contact with that person as well and be aware of what happens in his day to day life. No responsible parent hands their baby over to someone who isn’t blood related based on the assumption that they will be okay. If it were a case where this is really what she felt was the best for her son then she would have made sure that it definitely was, she was relying on other people and their words when it’s HER baby. Not having regular contact with the baby is detrimental to the child, she created no normalcy for him. She couldn’t visit him a few times a week or have dinner with him or spend time with him at all just because she is raising an autistic child??? Such bs. There is no excuse. I would cut her some slack if something happened to him and she actually was on top of everything like she should have been and people were presenting her falsehoods, but she wasn’t even checking up on him.

Also, why weren’t her other family members helping take care of King while she was caring for her daughter? Many families have severely autistic children and don’t have more after that and just pass them over to someone else because it’s too hard. If she truly felt that King not being in the home was best for him then there are SO MANY ways she could have gone about it but she chose a very unfavorable route and is now paying the ultimate price. I have no doubt in my mind that she is devastated as a mother and of course she didn’t mean for this to happen, but this was clearly not a good situation for King. Even if he got out alive I wouldn’t be surprised if he dealt with abandonment issues to a certain degree later in life. It just wasn’t a healthy situation for a baby all around. She neglected his needs and expected others to do her job for free. She had an autistic child already when she decided to bring King into the world. He was dumped by her pretty quickly. He’s her responsibility and she had plenty of time to get her act together. MOO.
Thank you for putting this together far better than I did!

MR was interviewed on fox29 today I don't see it online to share He said TP was a yoga instructor at the gym where he was coaching and gained his trust over 2 years.He said she helped King with speech development etc..... .He also admitted he could not get a hold of King for 2 weeks before he reported him missing!!!!!! He said TP would give him excuses ... They re at this or that park etc(just like Casey Anthony did for a month!!) Before she finally told him she gave him back to the mom and blocked him and he realized he was missing!!!! Oh my god he should have reported him missing 2 weeks before he did!!!

MR was interviewed on fox29 today I don't see it online to share He said TP was a yoga instructor at the gym where he was coaching and gained his trust over 2 years.He said she helped King with speech development etc..... .He also admitted he could not get a hold of King for 2 weeks before he reported him missing!!!!!! He said TP would give him excuses ... They re at this or that park etc(just like Casey Anthony did for a month!!) Before she finally told him she gave him back to the mom and blocked him and he realized he was missing!!!! Oh my god he should have reported him missing 2 weeks before he did!!!

Oh wow. So he could have been dead much longer than thought.

Here it is

Exclusive interview with 2-year-old King Hill's stepfather: "I feel betrayed"

In the two weeks after that, Reese said everything changed.

"I'm going to her house and I'm calling her phone directly in front of her house. It was always an excuse: I'm not here, I'm not there, and I'm like, I'm sitting in front of your house trying to get my son," he says.

"I said hey, send me some pictures or something, and I never got the pictures."

Geeze it took him 2 weeks?

Last edited:
Oh wow. Did she really think that blocking him would make the problem go away?

PHILADELPHIA - The stepfather of 2-year-old King Hill, who handed the boy off to a babysitter Tianna Parks, now charged with King's murder is speaking out for the first time in an exclusive interview with FOX 29.

Marvin Reese says Philadelphia police told him they may never find the body of King, who was reported missing back on July 9.

He says he still has not stopped looking or giving up hope.

"I'm still thinking, waiting, my phone is going to ring telling me 'We got your son, he's here,'" he says. "It's like I feel like, as a parent, I feel like I let him down."

Reese walked us through the two years of trust he says he built with babysitter Tianna Parks before he allowed her to watch King for an extended period of time.

Reese has a daughter with King's biological mother. Over the past two years, King's mother would request for Reese to watch King or he would offer to help out. He says King was a handful as a baby.

"I was just working on him, developing him as a young man," he says. " I still treated him as my own son, I never looked at him any different."

Reese said he would often bring King to his gym in West Philadelphia where he worked as a boxing coach and where Parks would provide yoga and stretching exercises for the boxers.

Reese's close friend Keith Anderson says Parks was adored by everyone at the gym.

"Everyone that knows her in the gym knows she was a great and professional yoga type instructor," he says. "Marv didn't trust everybody and it took her a while to get that responsibility, he needed help. My son went with her, I trusted her."

"I felt as a parent, I was really clingy, I basically tried to give myself some room," says Reese "'OK, you can take him to the park, you can go here.'"

Reese says eventually Parks would take King for longer periods of time. He says if he did not see King in person every day while in her care, he would through video chat or social media.

He could not remember a specific date, but says the last time he saw Parks and King was at the end of June. He says he bought them food before Parks planned to take King to a park.

In the two weeks after that, Reese said everything changed.

"I'm going to her house and I'm calling her phone directly in front of her house. It was always an excuse: I'm not here, I'm not there, and I'm like, I'm sitting in front of your house trying to get my son," he says.

"I said hey, send me some pictures or something, and I never got the pictures."

Reese says the week of July 9, Parks told him she gave King back to his mom.

Reese trusted that was the case until King's mom, Amber, sent him a text message asking how King was.

Amber said she was devastated to find out that Reese did not have King. Reese went to the police to report missing, and he said Parks stopped answering.

"From that point, at my understanding, she blocked my number at that point."

Philadelphia police launched an extensive investigation in collaboration with the FBI and District Attorney's Office.

On July 20, they announced that they did not find King, but that cell phone and video evidence led them to charge Parks with King's murder.

Reese says he found out by watching the news.

To this day, he says he wishes he could talk to Parks to find out what went wrong. He says the two had a strictly business relationship and he feels completely betrayed.

"You would've never seen that coming," he says. "Who does something to a 2-year-old child? Nobody messes with kids. Nobody."

Reese and his family and King's mother, Amber, held separate birthday parties for King on Wednesday.

He was supposed to turn three.

Sorry, I can't help questioning MR's judgement.

He can't remember the date in June he last saw TP with King? Then presumably sometime at the beginning of July he is trying to contact her and she's giving excuses. Red flags should have been flying after one or two times, especially since she wouldn't send him pictures. If Amber hadn't asked after King, how long would it have taken for Reece to call the cops?

So really, King could have been dead at the end of June :(
The eyewitness who saw him at the party was not very convincing for me, MOO. I would want to hear he was seen by others in attendance.

Yes I believe he either was dead longer than police said or MR is not being truthful....
LE has his cell phone records, it would be pretty dumb of him to lie. Unless you mean he is lying about the type of relationship he had with TP ...

Does anyone think TP will go for a plea bargain? Could someone post a link to the court website please?

LE has his cell phone records, it would be pretty dumb of him to lie. Unless you mean he is lying about the type of relationship he had with TP ...

Does anyone think TP will go for a plea bargain? Could someone post a link to the court website please?
I think they would only offer a plea if she would tell where King is? ....and I keep wondering who is paying for her defense?...and yes I mean he may be lying about the relationship because if she was just a babysitter he would have reported King missing earlier. I wished we could discuss the lives AH has been doing on social media but also in mainstream media she is convinced the relationship between MR and TP was not just professional.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhojensenbeach