Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to hear from anyone who believes King was more likely dropped off to his mother than not. Please explain why you believe that?

Because the more I think about a babysitter unilaterally dropping a child off with his mother, without first discussing it with either the mother or stepfather, the more I think, who does that?

I think babysitter would have called or messaged at least one of them to discuss it or notify them about her intention to do so. She would not have just randomly driven over and dropped him off.

So either the records for the phones involved show she contacted someone before dropping him off or they don't.

All MOO.

I'd like to hear from anyone who believes King was more likely dropped off to his mother than not. Please explain why you believe that?

Because the more I think about a babysitter unilaterally dropping a child off with his mother, without first discussing it with either the mother or stepfather, the more I think, who does that?

I think babysitter would have called or messaged at least one of them to discuss it or notify them about her intention to do so. She would not have just randomly driven over and dropped him off.

So either the records for the phones involved show she contacted someone before dropping him off or they don't.

All MOO.

because of what I’ve seen on social media that we unfortunately can’t discuss here.

I'd like to know who leaves a toddler on a street corner!!! What babysitter just lets a child of any age out of the car? Um, if said child needs a sitter, the job starts with a parental figure & ends with another parental figure/responsible party.

Somebody(s) lying, indeed.

JMHO YMMV LRR

I wish LE would've referred to him less as "that child" and "the child" over & over again & simply said King's name more. Did anyone else notice that? I wonder what the purpose/reason was. IMO

FOX 29

Exactly. ‘The baby’ has a name. Seems kind of impersonal to call him ‘the baby’
It might sound impersonal reading it as text, but it all depends on the way "the baby" was said.
In our family all of our kids have had "impersonal" baby-nicknames like "small one", "mini-human", "this boy" or "this girl".
All of them were always said with endearing tone. They still are :)
I'm not reading anything into that, since our family does the same and we love the stuffing out of all our kids & grands.

This incident is TOTALLY BIZARRE!!!:eek:

It was totally bizarre!! I told the story so often to my family, friends, etc., that it feel like I told the whole world. When I read about this little baby being dropped off on a c0rner, it is all I could think about. I have just so many questions about both incidents. I really believe the couple didn't think I saw them sit that infant down next to me. Katt

All MOO.
It seems to me that there was not much communication between any of those involved. The text message doesn't exactly match what the babysitter told investigators. She said she delivered the child to his mother and the text message implied that she dropped the child off at the corner.

So yes, if there is no record of any of the three having communicated about making specific arrangements than why would the babysitter assume the mother was going to be there?

That is a good question. With Covid and its affects on norms, it could be that she just needed help taking care of a toddler and working.

We know so little, it is hard to say what is going on. When you watch the different channels reporting, they each have a little different info. Hopefully CCTV will provide some more information.

In the news report below, it is stated that the step father dropped KH off at the babysitters. The babysitter told the father she dropped the baby off to the mother. It sounds to me like the step-father was expecting to pick KH up from the babysitter and she told him she dropped KH off.

It could be bad reporting but that tiny fact caught my attention.

'Someone is not telling the truth': Police continue search for 2-year-old missing since Tuesday

It seems to me that there was not much communication between any of those involved. The text message doesn't exactly match what the babysitter told investigators. She said she delivered the child to his mother and the text message implied that she dropped the child off at the corner.

So yes, if there is no record of any of the three having communicated about making specific arrangements than why would the babysitter assume the mother was going to be there?
What I understood by this whole mess is that it seems like the stepfather and the mother of the child didn't expect for him to be returned to his mother by the babysitter. And that's what is confusing me, because it doesn't really appear the stepfather and the mother made any sort of arrangements between the two of them for King to go back to mom's house, and then, it also doesn't appear that either of them instructed the babysitter to do so.
The fact that the stepfather made a point to text the mother and ask if she got the baby is also pretty concerning. Why would he do that? It kind of seems like he doubted the babysitter had actually returned the baby to her. Such a weird case.

Trying to make sense of any of this is making my brain hurt.

Was the "did you get the baby?" text ever discussed by PD or just the mother and/or grandmother? What about the alleged drop off location? Confirmed to have just been a street intersection? Claimed to be an in-person hand off from one person (babysitter) directly to another (mom)?

Was the reason the mother didnt have the child for such an extended period ever discussed/confirmed?

What I understood by this whole mess is that it seems like the stepfather and the mother of the child didn't expect for him to be returned to his mother by the babysitter. And that's what is confusing me, because it doesn't really appear the stepfather and the mother made any sort of arrangements between the two of them for King to go back to mom's house, and then, it also doesn't appear that either of them instructed the babysitter to do so.
The fact that the stepfather made a point to text the mother and ask if she got the baby is also pretty concerning. Why would he do that? It kind of seems like he doubted the babysitter had actually returned the baby to her. Such a weird case.
Yep, and it was the stepfather who alerted police...

Youre right, the text doesn't match what the babysitter says. This is a crazy one. So many ways it could turn. But I'm fearing that this child is no longer with us.
Btw, nice new icon. Moo

IIRC, 33rd and Diamond was the drop off location mentioned. If you Google this location you will find that on 3 sides are open park land and an empty lot. On one side is a small apartment complex. I'm assuming this is where the mother of King lives.

snipped by me. Yikes. So as a stepmom, I’m a step above an online predator? What a bold generalization to make. Sure in this case it’s super odd that the mom left king with his stepdad for weeks at a time without appearing to even check in on him, but rest assured not all stepparents are a step above child predators. Lol.
IMO true. IME Also true-I was blessed with a very kind and trustworthy stepfather.

Both the "stepfather" and the babysitter claim that the last person with king between the two of them was the babysitter. The babysitter has never refuted that.

What a somewhat confusing mess. It looks like we have 5 possible scenarios concerning the 3 involved parties:

-"Stepfather" is responsible (babysitter is covering)

- "stepfather" and babysitter are both responsible

- babysitter is responsible ("stepfather" is covering)

-babysitter is responsible, ("stepfather" completely uninvolved)

-mom is responsible

It basically boils down to Babysitter vs. Mom regardless of what has really happened. If "stepfather" and babysitter are in cahoots, whether "stepfather" is responsible and babysitter is covering for him, or both are equally responsible, or even if babysitter is responsible and "stepfather" knows, "stepfather" is in a better position to control the narrative and shirk any responsibility because both he AND babysitter claim he wasn't the last person with King.

If we knew who the babysitter was and what (if any) relationship she has to the "stepfather" that would help narrow things down, for me at least. For example: if this babysitter was not known personally to him but was instead a professional day care provider/nanny/babysitter that he had hired, I would be far more inclined to remove any possibility of one covering for the other.

If we knew more about Mom or why King was in the care of other people for such a long period of time, that would help narrow things down as well.

It seems like this poor kid didnt have the most stable environment and he was being handed off a lot, at least recently. His own mother wasnt caring for him for a long period of time. His father figure was taking care of him recently, then a babysitter whom the mom doesnt know well. And no one seemed to be in regular communication about King; about where he currently was, who he was with or when he should be returned home. But it's the father figure (not the mom) who alerts Police. I find that very interesting as well.

Basically, I just feel very badly for this kid, for multiple reasons.

IIRC, 33rd and Diamond was the drop off location mentioned. If you Google this location you will find that on 3 sides are open park land and an empty lot. On one side is a small apartment complex. I'm assuming this is where the mother of King lives.

Somehow I misread and thought 31st and Page was the drop off location.
Instead, the article says that was the last place he was seen, on July 7th.
33rd and Diamond is the correct location for the alleged drop off.
53rd & Montgomery is the location of the alleged babysitter, according to this article:
Philly Police Search for Missing 2-Year-Old, Mom Pleads for Boy's Return

(video shows detective kicking in the door, which is interesting)

Last edited:
Somehow I misread and thought 31st and Page was the drop off location.
Instead, the article says that was the last place he was seen, on July 7th.
33rd and Diamond is the correct location for the alleged drop off.
53rd & Montgomery is the location of the alleged babysitter, according to this article:
Philly Police Search for Missing 2-Year-Old, Mom Pleads for Boy's Return

(video shows detective kicking in the door, which is interesting)

IIRC, 31st and Page is the stepfather's address.
It was the last place that King was seen, according to the stepfather who reported him missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm