PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, but important to note: The gathering where people were arrested is NOT the same as the "gathering" where KS disappeared. They were on the same night, yes, but separated by arrests/KS going out dancing.

Another note: The news article referencing "three men" that went with her to the hardware bar does NOT say that "three men" were with her when she LEFT the hardware bar. MR and CP have not placed anyone there but themselves. .. and they would want to if it were true, to take some of the heat off of their own shoulders.

Lastly. . .that article about the body found in a field is scary to me. How many relatively recent missing 20 year old women are there around here? What're the chances. ..

I read some comments under local articles and there were some other 'candidates'

Unless the death occurred within the last two or three weeks, it'd be tough to identify the body as young female on sight, IMO. If the body that was found had expired at the end of July, I don't think a tattoo could be easily discerned at this point. Maybe I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read some comments under local articles and there were some other 'candidates'

Unless the death occurred within the last two or three weeks, it'd be tough to identify the body as young female on sight, IMO. If the body that was found had expired at the end of July, I don't think a tattoo could be easily discerned at this point. Maybe I'm wrong.

But, whoever abducted her a month ago could have killed her very recently, no? Oh, I can't even stand to think about that idea.

the only thing i can think of would be that it could open up outside investigations of le and the second officer now rather than later in regards to why he did not make sure everyone was ok after all of the hub-bub that had carried on there that night. if they dont find her soon and find her safe then i could see the family going after le and the officer individually for not protecting her.

my family is all le, so i understand about high/low priority calls and well fare checks... in this case i truly believe that they had a responsibility to make sure everyone was ok - ts and ks... it does not seem that they did this and now one of the citizens is missing. moo

Why weren't the other two underage males, one whom just 2 months earlier was charged with underage drinking, driving at an unsafe speed and driving with alcohol in his system, not charged/cited until today? He and another minor tested positive for alcohol obviously that night.

It demonstrates to our youth, that some can drink and drive underage, and others simply cannot. If some can get away with it, then why should any of us expect Kortne and BF not to try the same?

Just jumping off your post, NervousNellie, and throwing my own thoughts out there!

Why weren't the other two under age males, one whom just 2 months earlier was charged with underage drinking, driving at an unsafe speed and driving with alcohol in his system, not charged/cited until today. He and another minor tested positive for alcohol obviously that night.

It demonstrates to our youth, that some can drink and drive underage, and others simply cannot.

i think it said that it was filed today... id have to go back and read it again... and is cb related to the chief or not? that *could* have something to do with it, who knows these days...and all departments are different.

Were the parents of the underage boys questioned relative to Kortne's disappearance?

@AnnieWHP (Annie McCormick, WHP21), just tweeted:

"Kortne Stouffer's family rides emotional roller coaster after finding out the body of a woman found in Montgo Co today is NOT her. @ 10&11"

i think it said that it was filed today... id have to go back and read it again... and is cb related to the chief or not? that *could* have something to do with it, who knows these days...and all departments are different.

MB?

I didn't really think that the body would be Kortne. But I still don't see very many ways she could be alive and if she isn't, I hope she is found soon.

Police cited two men for underage drinking on the evening before Kortne Stouffer disappeared, Palmyra police disclosed today. Investigators weren’t immediately available to say whether the incident might be related to the disappearance of Stouffer, 21, who has been missing since early on July 29.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in...ase_report_of_under.html#incart_river_default

As a result of that first call, police have now charged two men with underage drinking. The citations were filed Wednesday with District Judge Carl Garver's office in Palmyra

http://www.ldnews.com/announcements/ci_21427918/police-release-new-info-missing-woman-case

Were the parents of the underage boys questioned relative to Kortne's disappearance?

That's unknown but it seems like it would be an excellent idea since they hear a lot of the things their kids are talking about.

I'm glad to hear the body in the field is not KS. . .but sad for whoever it is. . .and one still has to wonder if it could be connected. There's not too many benign reasons to end up dead in a field. Also sorry for the "emotional rollercoaster" the family had to ride. . .this sucks.

Crystal ball: It was late...they were both sleeping in their respective homes after they were dropped off. Same as everyone else (Don't know if that's the explanation given for the next-door neighbor.). Z's.

I have been wondering about the keys found in Kortne's car. Were they in the ignition? If they were in the ignition it would lead me to belive that she was going somewhere but stepped out of the car for something or someone.
If her car was being retuned to her by someone, it seems very unnatural to leave the keys in the ignition. I think someone else would have left the keys on the seat or under the seat out of plain sight.

Perhaps it is not even relevant.

Just posted on WHP21 website:

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...r-disappeared-the/5iCvBilBoUiEU0fow3QsFA.cspx

“Man it just never ends, we were talking and I said whoever did whatever to my daughter didn’t realize what they did wasn’t just to Kortne Stouffer. There’s a whole family behind her that wants to come home,” her father concluded.

I cannot begin to imagine how Kortnes parents must have felt after the body was found. I pray they have peace soon.

I used to believe that if more than one person know about something, the truth will come out, but am not so sure anymore. I think there are other cases where groups of people know what happened to certain victims and they have never spoken about it. I think people are harder somehow, these days, and can live with their sins easier, or something like that.

Hoping if one of the younger fellows knows what happened, he will crack and tell LE. If somehow this was a random stranger abduction (unlikely, to me) it makes it that much more difficult, especially after a month, with no clear POI's or even an idea what happened to her.

Wow; what a day you guys have had!! Busy, busy.

The young lady found today is someone's daughter....:please: for her family..

Kortne's family and friends...:rocker::rocker:

I must have overlooked (reading very fast) the answer to the question:

one of the underagers that was charged today, relation to someone in LE?

If so, whom?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members