PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we to believe they still do not even know the sex of the remains? Were they so partial so as not to include any bones that would tell them that much? Do they need DNA to tell them the sex, or are they just putting it out there that they don't know? Anyone?

I am a local and yes Masonic Homes owns much of the surrounding property. It can be accessed from within the village (which is not locked/secured but does have 24 security) and from other municipal/public roads. Masonic Homes is a retirement community and also a home for children. Last I knew their ground is posted but they allow some to hunter every year (I believe either by request or a lottery type system). The drive from KS apartment to this location is 30 minutes or less. Most of the surrounding area is country type location and local LE covers the area.

I wonder if anyone connected to this case has an elderly relative at Masonic Village?

My thoughts exactly, Jo.. hmmmmmmmm. Or if any of them has worked there in the past. Its not likely someone just conveniently found this place to dump a body.

County Coroner's Office
Steve Diamantoni , MD, Coroner

The Coroner's Office investigates the cause and manner of any death which is sudden, accidental, violent, or of a suspicious nature. The office cooperates with county and federal agencies on drug abuse, consumer products, and occupational deaths, and with the State Police and FBI for missing and exploited children.

http://www.co.lancaster.pa.us/lanco/cwp/view.asp?a=511&Q=262104&lanconav_GID=990

Looks like the coroner IS an MD .. not sure which "experts" they may be refering to in this case unless it's the State PD and/or Feds either due to "assumed ID" or "apparent homocide" ..
Forensic anthropologists, probably, like the ones at the FACES lab here in Louisiana.

http://www.lsu.edu/faceslab/About_Us.htm

So are we to believe they still do not even know the sex of the remains? Were they so partial so as not to include any bones that would tell them that much? Do they need DNA to tell them the sex, or are they just putting it out there that they don't know? Anyone?
The picture seemed to change in yesterday's article. The coroner's office no longer says the gender and age are unknown, but rather, to avoid feeding speculation, the coroner now declines to release any information until more facts are known.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/11/lancaster_county_coroner_not_r.html

I think it's weird they won't release details AFTER the autopsy in performed. Does anyone know the reasoning for that? They said it's to avoid speculation, which I assume they are thinking what everyone else is thinking too. After 3 months, would there be a skelton?

Yes - "Tapatalk." It's free or maybe $1.99 - in any case, not expensive.

So without really saying it, in your opinion, you think he knows more than what he has lead on?

In my opinion - there are 2 possible suspects or groups of suspects if you will. The boys she was with that night or a/ or plural neighbors.

Assuming it was the boys she partied with that night, then I would say yes, he would definitely know something OR at least be suspicious based on the tragedy of events. I know his car and house was searched so I can only assume that LE found nothing. With that said, I don't think that they would have found anything anyway because Kortne was most likely assaulted at her home.

JMO

The fact that LE won't divulge any information about age/sex to avoid speculation tells me two things. One, they likely have a good idea as to age/sex. Two, it is likely that of a female Kortne's age, unless they have other missing person's cases that are garnering attention/speculation. If it were male or older/younger, they would end ALL speculation by divulging that.

The fact that LE won't divulge any information about age/sex to avoid speculation tells me two things. One, they likely have a good idea as to age/sex. Two, it is likely that of a female Kortne's age, unless they have other missing person's cases that are garnering attention/speculation. If it were male or older/younger, they would end ALL speculation by divulging that.

Agreed. The coroner's silence speaks volumes. As does the extra measures of analysis being employed. I think they have her. Sad.

Just popped on this thread in search of info. about another case (tattoo pieces found Detroit sewer this past summer and- wondering if K's tattos were large and if they are pictured here anywhere? thanks.

I would imagine there are some folks under some pretty heavy surveillance right about now.

Just popped on this thread in search of info. about another case (tattoo pieces found Detroit sewer this past summer and- wondering if K's tattos were large and if they are pictured here anywhere? thanks.

K's tattoos are not a match to the tattoos in the Detroit sewer case.

New article that came out just a couple of hours ago.

http://www.wgal.com/news/susquehann...ied/-/9704306/17351156/-/57bhu4z/-/index.html

sniped "Investigators have compared the dental records with those of several missing people in the Susquehanna Valley and a national database, but so far, no match."

Based on the fact that Kortne's dental information and charting is available in NamUs, I don't think the remains are hers, although I could be wrong. On a side note, Kortne's DNA is under initial inquiry in NamUs, which means it's not available yet. Waiting on DNA results can take some time.

Aside from the recent article I posted , I also noticed a concerning post on WS Facebook page that was posted earlier yesterday. Not sure what it's all about and I wouldn't dare speculate. I just wanted to make sure others are aware. My heart bleeds for this family, it's just so unfair and so unthinkable as to what they are going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme