PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk what kind of atty he is. Ts takes care of lawn maintenance I believe and general repair work.

I obviously have no idea if this is true or not, but it is not uncommon for lawyers to work out a deal like this where a client who cannot afford to pay a bill works it off in exchange. I don't think it matters either way, but it's not unusual.

I obviously have no idea if this is true or not, but it is not uncommon for lawyers to work out a deal like this where a client who cannot afford to pay a bill works it off in exchange. I don't think it matters either way, but it's not unusual.

He was employed by them prior to K's disappearance. IIRC, they strongly recommended he retain counsel, and offered to work something out as far as payment, either a reduced cost, pro bono, or working off the debt over time.

Shane27 posted the following in Thread #2, Post #25, 8/16/2012:

"I live about 3 blocks from KS apartment. I have neighbors whom I consider to be 'stoners'. Dreadlocks, Grateful Dead stickers on their car, Pink Floyd blaring from their backyard etc..The strange thing is they seem to have disappeared. The car is gone, and there's no activity at their house. Of course I could be reading in to this too far, but the timing of their disappearance seems odd to me."

Whatever became of this?

Not only what became of this but was it ever called in to the tip line?

When the news came out of how aggressive the confrontation between Kortne and the neighbor had been, it became easier for me to imagine that indeed Kortne had been banging on the walls/floor out of anger. Then the missing puzzle piece is the car. Did Kortne go out and got her car from the gas station, or was the car already back at the apartment? Either way, it was parked at the apartment with the keys inside. That is not really normal.

The keys inside could indicate that what happened to Kortne happened right there at her car. Possibly her neighbor heard her going out again and went ahead to confront her. After all, he just called 911 so he surely was p... off at her. This confrontation got out of hand and of course he then wouldn't answer the door to the police who took too long to arrive the 2nd time unfortunately.

It is then possible that CP was asleep and did not hear anything. It explains why the dogs were not barking, and why Kortne left her stuff behind (planning on coming back right away). That she left her shoes is I think not a big issue. Those might have been her dancing shoes. She probably got more shoes. Anyway, somehow I think LE (and the neighbors?) know a bit more about the car.

He was employed by them prior to K's disappearance. IIRC, they strongly recommended he retain counsel, and offered to work something out as far as payment, either a reduced cost, pro bono, or working off the debt over time.

Respectfully Bolded by Me

I have never read anything that indicated that it was strongly recommended that TS retain counsel nor anything about how he may or may not make payment, if any, for such counsel.

Also, I have never heard that during any interviews I've listened to.

i dont think cp was there to "protect" ks from neighbors...maybe from herself... and i mean no disrespect whatsoever by saying this. this poor girl was having a really rough time of it that night. does she have any friends living close by? maybe not thinking clearly(no cigs, shoes, phone) she decided to walk there and she crossed paths with any number of people...mr, neighbor, cops, cp...who knows. i think she went out of the apartment for some reason most likely alone -- that seems to be the only way for someone to have gotten control of her without causing a mess or more noise in the apt.... just another possible scenario...throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks..lol

i also think that it is completely possible that ks was having emotional/mental problems occurring naturally or as a result of using drugs and alcohol and then aggravated by her continuous use of these substances...jmho

Respectfully Bolded by Me

I have never read anything that indicated that it was strongly recommended that TS retain counsel nor anything about how he may or may not make payment, if any, for such counsel.

I thought it was said he worked for a lawyer
If that so im sure this lawyer said hey ill help you u might need me because you and she had a confrontation.... and then she disappeared.

to me it seems very logical for him to lawyer up!
JMO

I thought it was said he worked for a lawyer
If that so im sure this lawyer said hey ill help you u might need me because you and she had a confrontation.... and then she disappeared.

to me it seems very logical for him to lawyer up!
JMO

Yes. Another poster who identifies his/her family as a friend of TS stated that TS worked for an attorney and that is, perhaps, how and why he has an attorney.

And I agree. Personally, I have no issues whether or not someone hires an attorney, or is advised by an attorney given the circumstances of Kortne's disappearance.

wasnt it also said in one of the earliest interviews with the mother that while k had known cp for close to 2years that k's boyfriend wouldnt or didnt let them hang out and that is why she (wendy) thought that k called cp first thing? im on the tablet and cant link... but if this is so, i wonder why the boyfriend didnt want cp around ks? typical jealousy, he thought cp was trouble or did it have something to do with mr? or none of these reasons and something entirely different?

Not only what became of this but was it ever called in to the tip line?

We don't know what became of this, nor do we know if it is even true, nor if it's
even related to Kortne's disappearance.

Yes. Another poster who identifies his/her family as a friend of TS stated that TS worked for an attorney and that is, perhaps, how and why he has an attorney.

And I agree. Personally, I have no issues whether or not someone hires an attorney, or is advised by an attorney given the circumstances of Kortne's disappearance.

Me too im sure this guy needs help! Esp when he had a confrontation with a young lady that went missing!

Does not mean you did anything at all.
to me its common sense!

If Ts took her im sure they could tell she was in his car!
Id think she had never been in the car before soooo if her scent was in there
that sure would make LE take notice dont ya think?

That second call to police from TS's residence is key. Was that a 911 call? If so, did the 911 operator speak to anyone or was it a hang up? Could the caller have been Kortne from TS's line?

When the police arrived the last time, did CP confirm KS was in the apartment when LE supposedly knocked? We know he "heard" the knock, but was KS actually there with him? I add this question because of the TS factor to establish a timeline.

wasnt it also said in one of the earliest interviews with the mother that while k had known cp for close to 2years that k's boyfriend wouldnt or didnt let them hang out and that is why she (wendy) thought that k called cp first thing? im on the tablet and cant link... but if this is so, i wonder why the boyfriend didnt want cp around ks? typical jealousy, he thought cp was trouble or did it have something to do with mr? or none of these reasons and something entirely different?

Respectfully Bolded By Me

Hope this helps...

Snipped

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, listen, you have friends that stay over. Hey, I`m going to crash at your place, it`s too late to drive. Or I`ve had something to drink, I don`t want to drive. But that`s different from somebody who might have romantic intentions. Your daughter I know a beautiful happy-go-lucky person, maybe a little naive to allow him to stay over, thinking he`s a buddy. But do you get a sense he had other intentions with her?

S. STOUFFER: You know, I don`t believe there`s romantic intentions in there. My daughter was very loyal to her boyfriend. And she had shared that with us many times. It might have been a shelter for the evening. They might have been drinking. So it`s probably just a safe place.

But it`s very difficult for me to believe that in a span of three hours that someone just vanishes, and you`re in the same house and you have no idea. And you hear nothing. And you see nothing.

Snipped

VELEZ-MITCHELL: How long has your daughter known this guy?

W. STOUFFER: They were friends about two years ago. They would hang out and do stuff as a group of people. And since she`s been dating her boyfriend, she really didn`t have much contact with him.

I know that he had stopped by about a month ago. And that was the first time that her boyfriend had any interaction with him and met him. And I think because her boyfriend was away, she thought she could hang out with him and have somebody to protect her and hang out with. A guy friend to hang out with.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1208/09/ijvm.01.html

When the police arrived the last time, did CP confirm KS was in the apartment when LE supposedly knocked? We know he "heard" the knock, but was KS actually there with him? I add this question because of the TS factor to establish a timeline.

IIRC, CP indicated Kortne was asleep in another room.

Another room that he couldn't see into at 7:00 AM.

Maybe the interior of that room is only visible in the dark.

We don't know what became of this, nor do we know if it is even true, nor if it's
even related to Kortne's disappearance.

I understand we don't know if it's true, much less related. However, the impression I had was the poster had first hand knowledge of it. I simply think it is important enough to inform LE about and let them determine if it's true and if so, if it's related. I would think they would want to know about someone who hasn't been seen or hasn't shown up for work since Kortne went missing.

The longer these cases go on the more I get confused. In the reports of CP leaving Kortne's that morning, I could have sworn they stated he "walked" to the store where he was seen on video. Is my recollection wrong? If my recollection is right, it doesn't seem to fit with the story that they had driven MR's car to Kortne's. My brain is mud right now so I could completely have that wrong. Any help? TIA

Next door but he owns and lives on the whole side of the house. She only lives on the 2nd and 3rd floors of her side.

Ok Thanks!
didnt they say the downstairs neighbor called both times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tad72