PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Occassionally I search Google, hoping and praying I will find something that will somehow help figure out what happened to Kortne. Of course most of the time I don't really find anything new. That is until tonight. But before anyone gets too excited, sadly I gotta say it's only a comment someone wrote on a blog article about Kortne's disappearance.

What is interesting - or at least one of several interesting things about the comment on the article is that it was just posted yesterday - May 8, 2013. The article is from August 2012. That's a strange place to post a comment of this magnitude. The comment names suspects and explains further why those names should be suspects, all info I had not heard before. If I am allowed to post a link to the blog - and the new comment, I will. Please let me know.

Could you tell us what news article it was and the date....that way we could check the comments for ourselves.

Oh Kortne .. IF there is ANY CHANCE you are alive out there .. PLEASE call your mama today! This is her first Mother's Day without you ... :) It's just not right.

Where are you darlin?

Where are you Kortne? It seems your case has been cold since the police arrived at your door the second time that fateful night. Why is no one searching for you? Why has CUE or TES not been asked to find you?

What is the real story on what happened that night and where the heck are you?

:bump: for Kortne. :beats:

IBua2y2.jpg
2uXwwIb.jpg

Occassionally I search Google, hoping and praying I will find something that will somehow help figure out what happened to Kortne. Of course most of the time I don't really find anything new. That is until tonight. But before anyone gets too excited, sadly I gotta say it's only a comment someone wrote on a blog article about Kortne's disappearance.

What is interesting - or at least one of several interesting things about the comment on the article is that it was just posted yesterday - May 8, 2013. The article is from August 2012. That's a strange place to post a comment of this magnitude. The comment names suspects and explains further why those names should be suspects, all info I had not heard before. If I am allowed to post a link to the blog - and the new comment, I will. Please let me know.

I don't know what you are looking at, but if I had to guess, it's our friend "Willie".

Looks like Snoop is right.

http://kevinfortruth.wordpress.com/2012/08/23/is-kortne-stouffer-being-used-as-bait-to-catch-bigger-fish/

I wonder how long the search warrant records can be kept sealed before they have to release it to the public?

Bump Bump Kortne!!!! You are never far from my thoughts!

For those that have been tracking stories on the unidentified person found in Luzerne County in November 2012, according to NAMUS, https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10836, KS has been ruled-out as the being the decedent.

A few months ago, based on small pieces of new information and disclosures from the DA, I was hopeful that LE was close to naming a suspect or getting someone to come forward. I am not as hopeful now and the only recent updates have been of questionable bounty hunter flyer / unreliable internet-poster type. I've checked this site on a semi-regular basis, but it seems we have been stuck on "page 8" of the 6th thread for over one month now.

Although I still believe that in many cases, and likely this one, the simplest, most obvious explanation is the answer, the lack of any new information, the events in Ohio, and the recent FBI focus on human trafficking does make me wonder about the less likely possibilities out there. Still, I would guess that LE's 1st and 2nd most likely theories are in-line with the possibilities that have already been discussed here.

Sorry for the rambling, mostly unhelpful post, just thought I'd try to keep the thread alive.

In some ways, it feels as though Kortne has been missing far longer than going on a year, maybe because there is so little reporting on her case. Sometimes I am shocked when I realize a case is coming up to a year, or two years, etc. but I feel the opposite here, like she has been gone ages.

In some ways, it feels as though Kortne has been missing far longer than going on a year, maybe because there is so little reporting on her case. Sometimes I am shocked when I realize a case is coming up to a year, or two years, etc. but I feel the opposite here, like she has been gone ages.

i feel the same way, i think is has to do with us (as sleuthers) have had no new information since the very beginning, i feel as though LE gave up the day after it happened and nothing has moved along. We also don't hear an outcry from the public or parents as in some other cases of missing people her age. It's quite sad.

These things are probably not related to KS's disappearance, but I am interested in any thoughts locals may have on these stories that might lead me to change my own personal opinions about any connections.

1. One of the police officers who was let go has been reinstated. He was terminated because of an undisclosed violation of department policy. Looks like he appealed and is back after an arbitration or similar proceeding. There's an LD news article on this from yesterday.

Strength of Connection: Very weak, almost definitely unrelated in my opinion, unless you fall into the police conspiracy camp - of which of I am not a member. Yes, there are some tangential connections between responding officers and family members of police, but I'm still not seeing any real connection, although it's perfectly natural for people to be frustrated with police when there isn't progress in a missing persons case. In many situations, I'm critical of police, but not here unless there's information still to come out I'm not aware of.

2. In this (older) story http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2008/01/beheaded_goat_found_on_fire_sc.html, SS describes finding a goat's head on his property after the family barn burned down. Fire happened during the day, some animals got out, I believe LE was calling it arson. SS believes there may have been some occult connection, almost reminds me of the old "Satanic Panic" headlines from the 80s and early 90s. On its face, this story would seem to fall into the category of "Did you have any enemies?" or "Were you in conflict with anyone?"

Strength of Connection: Weak, most likely unrelated in my opinion. Assuming that this was arson, and it wasn't a random crime, but rather due to some underlying dispute or issue, you'd think it would have been related a dispute involving SS rather than KS. Plus it's from a few years ago. I am guessing LE is aware of this and has ruled it out. On the other hand, arson-involving-decapitated-goats & and an unsolved missing persons case are two very low-frequency occurrences; just a strange coincidence that both have affected the same family, or could there be a connection? If there is, I have no idea what it would be, have to say that there's no connection, unless someone can enlighten me.

Thoughts out there anyone (locals especially)?

These things

Thoughts out there anyone (locals especially)?

The police officer you are mentioning is a Lebanon police officer, not a Palmyra police officer and would have no connection to the case at all. It's probably confusing because Palmyra is in Lebanon county, but there is a town called Lebanon in Lebanon county as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back