PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any additional news on the remains? I have not seen anything yet.

I believe it could be a while until we hear on the remains. Remember when the remains were found in Elizabethtown and we all waited to hear if it was Kortne and it took quite a while. Eventually someone on WS checked Nameus (not sure i am saying that right) and found they determined the remains were a male. The news really gave little details that time...hopefully this time will be different.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

Where are you Kortne? Lets get you off of page six and bump you up the list a bit.:bump:

I hope that the next time I am able to go help with the Holly Grim search, I will be able to drive over to Palmyra and check out those large buildings and see if they have a lot of truck traffic and get a feel for the level of professionalism of local LE.

It's so weird that something like this happened in a town and a place like this.

It's so weird how people just go on with their lives when we know there is a murderer or kidnapper or "disappearer" walking amongst us.

No one ever even talks about this anymore and it seems like we'll never get answers.

It's so weird that something like this happened in a town and a place like this.

It's so weird how people just go on with their lives when we know there is a murderer or kidnapper or "disappearer" walking amongst us.

No one ever even talks about this anymore and it seems like we'll never get answers.

The weirdest part to me about this case is that there was never a massive search effort (as in a ground search where volunteers and/or a professional search organization like Texas Equusearch or CUE came in).

It really, for lack of a better word, p!sses me off to no end. I'm not local, but I felt a comradery with Kortne. Such a fresh, vibrant person that no one seems to care about, except us WSer's :( It happens in other cases, this is just still a fresh burn to me.

Her parents seemed awesome at first, a little out of touch and out-of-date maybe, but you think someone in the family would have taken over the reins and would make waves somewhere ---- whether social media, local radio, bars, balloons, ribbons...SOMETHING!

Maybe they are being told not to, but it's been long enough to where they should quit listening to LE if that were the case.

It seemed fairly soon after she vanished that some of her friends and family resumed their SM postings, often not even mentioning her, which is incomprehensible to me. I would be possessed if someone close to was missing in this way. I know life must go, but I am not sure it really could for me. I have seen a lot of this in cases with the missing persons being a teen or young adult...their friends seem to move on so quickly. How can that be? A person is just...gone. That is a shocking thing. How can you be posting that are are craving pizza ( an example only) a few days or weeks later? Oh well. I know it is me, but it sure seems as though young people often have very short attention spans...

JMO

The weirdest part to me about this case is that there was never a massive search effort (as in a ground search where volunteers and/or a professional search organization like Texas Equusearch or CUE came in).

To an extent, I can understand.

IIRC, she was last seen at or near her apartment, in a built up area. It isn't really conducive to a grid search.

To an extent, I can understand.

IIRC, she was last seen at or near her apartment, in a built up area. It isn't really conducive to a grid search.

Correct.

When I am up that way, I will check out the areas I am most interested in. There are some large buildings and three storm runoff ponds at the NW end of town.

Attached is a Google Earth view of the North West end of town. The red stars are warehouse or manufacturing operations. The yellow arrows are ponds of some sort. These are my areas of interest.

Attachments

• Stouffer Case.PNG
    Stouffer Case.PNG
    640.4 KB · Views: 26
Attached is a Google Earth view of the North West end of town. The red stars are warehouse or manufacturing operations. The yellow arrows are ponds of some sort. These are my areas of interest.

Nice map. :)

Do you have one with the location of her apartment?

Nice map. :)

Do you have one with the location of her apartment?

How's this for proximity to my areas of interest?

I suspect there is a lot of truck traffic out of those large buildings, day and possibly night. Plus I am curious about those holding ponds.

Attachments

• Stouffer2.PNG
    Stouffer2.PNG
    724.2 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics