PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on what the "noise" was, it could have been an argument just before a violent act, the noise of the act itself and/or a body being knocked about trying to get it out a door and down the hallway in haste....or all of the above.

She may not have answered the door because she may not been there or unconscious/deceased and removed after the LEO's had left.

I think she was PO'd and was stomping around and when the cops came back she never opened the door!

This unidentified person story is most likely unrelated, but I do think it's worth ruling these out as they come up since we don't have much else to go on:

http://www.nj.com/south/index.ssf/2013/08/human_remains_found_in_ocean_c.html#incart_river_default

While there's likely no connection, the location (Ocean City) jumped out at me because there were reports of a trip to Ocean City involving some of KS's friend and acquaintances shortly after her disappearance. Then I realized that the trip was Ocean City MD, not Ocean City, NJ where the above remains were found.

Still, the Gulf Stream theoretically flows that way, so who knows. Basically they found a skeletal right foot inside a size 5 1/2 Adidas sneaker. They found nail polish on the toes. A few things suggesting that this has no connection: remains were found in a different state, size 5 1/2 seems a little small (assuming it's a women's size), KS reportedly left without shoes.

A few (very tangential reasons) why it may be worth trying to rule out these remains: KS had a star tattoo on her right foot; size 5 1/2 could be a men's size (the picture looks like it could be men's or boys shoe); Ocean City NJ isn't that far away; who knows if KS really left shoe-less since we have no statements about what she was wearing when she left the apartment (whether through her own power or not); these are more casual shoes and could be different than whatever "going-out" footwear she wore to the bars, possibly she put on different footwear to leave her apartment early in the morning under her own power to meet someone or possibly was lured out.

I know this is a long shot, but I think it's worth ruling these things out. Apparently, there's some ability to DNA test, so hopefully they do compare with KS and rule this one out quickly.

Interested if the shoe picture means anything to anyone.

This unidentified person story is most likely unrelated, but I do think it's worth ruling these out as they come up since we don't have much else to go on:

http://www.nj.com/south/index.ssf/2013/08/human_remains_found_in_ocean_c.html#incart_river_default

While there's likely no connection, the location (Ocean City) jumped out at me because there were reports of a trip to Ocean City involving some of KS's friend and acquaintances shortly after her disappearance. Then I realized that the trip was Ocean City MD, not Ocean City, NJ where the above remains were found.

Still, the Gulf Stream theoretically flows that way, so who knows. Basically they found a skeletal right foot inside a size 5 1/2 Adidas sneaker. They found nail polish on the toes. A few things suggesting that this has no connection: remains were found in a different state, size 5 1/2 seems a little small (assuming it's a women's size), KS reportedly left without shoes.

A few (very tangential reasons) why it may be worth trying to rule out these remains: KS had a star tattoo on her right foot; size 5 1/2 could be a men's size (the picture looks like it could be men's or boys shoe); Ocean City NJ isn't that far away; who knows if KS really left shoe-less since we have no statements about what she was wearing when she left the apartment (whether through her own power or not); these are more casual shoes and could be different than whatever "going-out" footwear she wore to the bars, possibly she put on different footwear to leave her apartment early in the morning under her own power to meet someone or possibly was lured out.

I know this is a long shot, but I think it's worth ruling these things out. Apparently, there's some ability to DNA test, so hopefully they do compare with KS and rule this one out quickly.

Interested if the shoe picture means anything to anyone.

Or if someone put the shoes on Kortne after she left the apartment?

I just have a feeling that the last officer and the neighbor know something. It just won't go away lol

I also think Kortne could have left to go do something, get something, whatever it may be and just ran into a random abductor (much like mickey shunick did).

I do NOT think her sleepover buddy had anything to do with this. I honestly believe if he did something to Kortne they would have been able to pin SOMETHING on him and LE also would have found more evidence of something sinister in her apt.

snipped- She also has a boyfriend, who her family does not believe is involved in her disappearance. He is reportedly on house arrest for a DUI charge.

this b.f. thing is really bothering me- if he was on house arrest, how was he not at 'home' over the weekend, as was stated earlier???

ETA http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21212616

He would have to have been at parents home!
And stopped to get his dog possibly!

Jumping off your post....what else bothers me is that one news outlet states that the boyfriend was at the apartment when LE came the first time and was arrested and taken to jail. However, other media sources (the one above) say that the boyfriend who was on house arrest was not home last weekend. Which is it? There is WAAAAAAY too much inconsistency with this case and the stories!

Jumping off your post....what else bothers me is that one news outlet states that the boyfriend was at the apartment when LE came the first time and was arrested and taken to jail. However, other media sources (the one above) say that the boyfriend who was on house arrest was not home last weekend. Which is it? There is WAAAAAAY too much inconsistency with this case and the stories!

I chatted with some of the reporters at LDN and one of them confirmed that the DA told him that her boyfriend was most definitely in jail at the time of the disappearance. The family wasn't enthusiastic about airing a lot of dirty laundry to the public, especially at first. So when the media asked about the boyfriend early on, they said things like "he was not at home" and he has an alibi. It's very clear that he was arrested the first time the police showed up and was taken to jail on a parole violation and was confined at the time of the disappearance.

SnoopJohn- maybe you could chat up the reporters and find out when the boyfriends dog was taken from the premises....that's something I am STILL curious about, kwim.

SnoopJohn- maybe you could chat up the reporters and find out when the boyfriends dog was taken from the premises....that's something I am STILL curious about, kwim.

You know, I did that, but the answers were pretty unsatisfactory, and that's why I didn't share them here. Here is the question I posed:

"In this article here: http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21283133

It says "On another note, Scott clarified an earlier report that a dog was missing from Stouffer's apartment. He said there were two dogs in the apartment at the time of Stouffer's disappearance - one Stouffer's and one her boyfriend's. The boyfriend's father picked up his dog, and Stouffer's family has her dog."

This really makes no sense and I wonder if it is a typo. How would the boyfriend’s father get into the apartment AFTER the disappearance? And why would he leave the door unlocked if he got into the apartment and grabbed the dog. If the boyfriend’s dad got the dog before the disappearance, like when the son was arrested, then it all makes sense. Do you think that is a typo in the article? Should it really say that there was one dog in the apartment at the time of the disappearance?"

The first guy I talked to said this: "Yes, I think it was a typo."

The second guy, who actually wrote the article referenced above responded with an answer that really didn't say anything. I don't have the exact text available where I am right now, but he said something very vague that didn't really answer the question.

thx SnoopJohn- so it basically remains a perplexing question. Apparently not just to myself. It may not mean a thing but it is curious there is no definitive answer.

Just an FYI- I was in Hershey about 3 weeks ago and I saw a large banner with Kortne's picture and info. It was a really good one because it caught my eye and made me want to look up this case. Anyway, I just wanted to bump her thread up with lots of hope that she will be found soon! :)

I have done some digging... There are three large warehouse or manufacturing operations with a lot of truck trailers on the North West end of town (near the containment ponds). I would assume that a large number of trucks going in and out of that area. Two have rail access lines. Hershey Park Drive and N. Lingle and West North Ave and N Hetrick.

Was the address she was last known to be ever disclosed?

I am looking for the proximity of her LKP to the closest identifiable risk/hazard/point of abduction opportunity.

In the beginning I had wondered what type of truck traffic would be in that area. Thanks for finding that.

In the beginning I had wondered what type of truck traffic would be in that area. Thanks for finding that.

It appears I have a few cases in my area of operation. I am waiting to hear from LE on two and I may have to go take a look for myself on those three warehouse type buildings. Those sort of operations usually have trucks going in and out 24/7. Just need to verify if they are transfer warehouses or factory operations.

Proximity to Hershey has me a bit curious. Quite a bit of tourist traffic during the summer months. 422 through town and 322 just to the south.

The news ran a story today on her being missing for 14 months now. Just thought I'd come and bump this.

I still think whatever happened to her was at the hands of a person she knows well.

Where was the BF exactly?
clear that up and we can move on!

JMO

I seem to remember the dad picking up one of the dogs.

It's still on my list to check out those three warehouse operations and watch truck traffic. Just have to wait until I am out that way.

I seem to remember the dad picking up one of the dogs.

It's still on my list to check out those three warehouse operations and watch truck traffic. Just have to wait until I am out that way.

Keep us posted and TIA. If they can't find anything that would implicate the people she knew, I would think that if she started walking around on her own at that time of the morning, there most likely would have been some traffic going through the area. If she was still intoxicated, as it seems she probably was, there is always the possibility of someone picking her up. The events of her whole day seemed to have bad luck written all over it. I think that LE missed checking all street cameras after she went missing. Somehow it would be nice to know what traffic was around at that time of morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState