Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning world.. Reading our local paper it was stated that both Linda and JS were 3rd cousins. It was also stated that they didn't know each other. I'm assuming this was only because of his adopted parents. (not blood relation IMO) Not that this matters just a little info I didn't know.
Do you mean Linda Stoltzfoos was related by blood to the family that adopted JS ? Linda Stoltzfoos would not be a blood relative of JS, correct ? Duh sorry, I am repeating what you just said.

Last edited:
That’s interesting, but not totally surprising. Plain people here have genealogy books they call “The Fisher Book” or whatever their name happens to be where all this is recorded. The Amish generally have such large families that third cousins might not know each other even if no one had left the Amish church.

I had an Amish lady in her early 70s who did some work for me. She had 70+ grandchildren and was starting to get great-grandchildren. Her custom was to give each new baby a stuffed animal, and I was happy to supply her with ones my kids had long outgrown.
70 plus grandchildren, wow that's alot. I think it was not uncommon in generations past for families to have 8,10,12, or even 14 children.

Good morning world.. Reading our local paper it was stated that both Linda and JS were 3rd cousins. It was also stated that they didn't know each other. I'm assuming this was only because of his adopted parents. (not blood relation IMO) Not that this matters just a little info I didn't know.
I'd like to read this article. Does this newspaper have a website?

Going out on a limb... could this abduction be retribution against those that he perceived helped send him to prison? My opinion only
Anything's possible including your theory. I know he robbed a farm stand and 5 businesses but I don't know which ones. The Stoltzfoos brothers own a business, Linda's father and uncle.

Last edited:
Hi @Izmack!

This is indeed a very interesting question. I don't know the perpetrator or his family personally and cannot answer the question directly. However; I can tell you Dominican Spanish is the official language for the country.

Because this is where JS was born and lived until age 7, Spanish was most likely his first language. It has been reported JS lived "on the streets" prior to his adoption. His opportunities to learn another language (English) were limited.

What Languages Are Spoken In The Dominican Republic?
Spanish is the official language of the Dominican Republic. However, different variants of the Spanish language are spoken across the country. (Much more at link- including history of language(s) spoken).

Thanks, JDough. I wasn’t aware that’s he is from the DR. Now I understand.

@jackiedetore

@Lancaster_DA
plans to hold a news conference this afternoon on the Linda Stoltzfoos case. East Lampeter Township Police Department, PSP, FBI, and Lancaster County DA's office will all take part. Stoltzfoos was reported missing on June 21st.

DA's office to offer more information about missing Amish teen, Linda Stoltzfoos this afternoon

The Lancaster County District Attorney's office is hosting a press event Thursday afternoon, at 1:30 p.m., to offer more information about missing Amish teen, Linda Stoltzfoos.

In attendance will be the agencies working on the investigation: East Lampeter Township Police Department, Pennsylvania State Police, FBI and the DA's office.

The meeting will be held at the Lancaster County Public Training Center in Manheim.

LNP | LancasterOnline will be livestreaming the event; be sure to check back to this post, or on our Facebook page.

Last edited:
I wondered the same thing. Imo... Money rock/quarry area. I asked if I was able to help search along with other friends of mine. I was told at this point fbi, law and first responders only. I felt like even if I didn't know her I could at least show there are lots of people who care.

I agree, FBI know way more then we do, but that small pond behind his workplace would be an area of concern.
Its isolated by railroad track, surrounded by trees, and easy access from the rear of his work place. I wish FBI would release his phone pings so volunteers to retrace his path and help look.
What are the odds that in a case like this the suspect works, lives and disposed of clothing right next to the railroad tracks?
I agree, if someone would confront him and ask what he was doing behind his work place, he has tons of excuses, Oh I forgot my hard hat, or I was just parking here and going for hike.
With the rumors we are hearing though about him saying, its no murder with no body, that tells me he is very confident they will not find a body. Possibly went to work place and mixed in with sand when nobody was there to be mixed in with concrete the next day. He know he disposed of very very well to be saying those works. I don't think its just a simple dig hole and bury. Hes way to confident, he knows even in water they would go in with divers. Just my take on all this....
Only the FBI knows because they hopefully have all the pings of his phone.

@Saphyrrra

I literally just signed up, but I've been following this blog since the story broke and would like to commend its integrity. I made a PDF screenshot of the circle and timeline because the logistics were driving me nuts. For background, I'm from Lancaster and recently moved back last year. I was raised in another Amish area, but worked at the Steamboat Inn and another hotel in the Bird-in-Hand area for 7 years, and have a deep connection to the very kind community there. I'm a bit of a shady character myself (but with a kind heart) and I am extremely familiar with those roads from smoke breaks at work. This is why the map drives me nuts, it makes no logistical sense. I also agree with other posts that I would love to be permitted to search for Linda, but I also completely understand why LE operates the way that they do.

What is driving me nuts about the logistics? From the beginning, the camera catches him booking a right down Beechdale road from Mill Creek heading south towards Church Road and 340. The next known location is the sighting on Amish Road approximately 30-50 minutes later. I actually don't know the exact timing of the Amish rd sighting, but I remember it was appropriately distanced from abduction to be "en route" to some other location. This is the first thing that hurts my head. Amish Road is a very small "L" shaped road that would indicate he was heading southeast from the abduction. It would make a lot more sense for this sighting to have been on his way to his occupation at Dutchland Inc. than for it to be on his way to the Welsh Mountains. Perhaps he dipped south to Rt 30 to avoid driving through her intimate Amish community (to outsiders we think it's isolated but perhaps they would all immediately recognize Linda) - this would explain why he would be Amish road heading northeast towards Welsh mountains at this sighting. Either way, I personally believe he was on his way to Welsh Mountains or Dutchland Inc. Both provide perfect means for this heinous crime. Dutchland Inc. is a construction company and we know what the mafia has done with that for years. There is actually a perfect way to pull over off on route 41 just past Dutchland, Inc. - there is a break in the guard rail on the right side of the road. He could have pulled over into that construction zone and entered through the backwoods - just a thought. Also important to point out that we know nothing publicly about Welsh mountains other than that is where the searches were heavily focused and it would mirror Evelyn Fisher case - but clearly LE knows a little more and rightfully so. (EDIT: AFFIDAVIT SAID HE WAS HEADING NORTH ON AMISH ROAD - KEEPING THIS INFO UP FOR SPECULATIVE PURPOSES, BUT THAT FACT INDICATES HE WAS GOING TO WELSH MOUNTAINS FROM RT. 30)

The second thing that really hurts my head is the activity at Harvest Structures (the company at 3104 Harvest Drive). I'm such a nut that I actually drove by it yesterday and the corn is so high that you can only see the entrance and the factory, but where Smoker backed into was entirely not visible from the road. Thank goodness the business owner did what he did. But back to logistics, this is the next publicly known location after the Amish Road sighting. He spent a full hour here from 230-330. Why in the world would he not have disposed of everything at the scene? I am not well versed but that makes the most sense to me. Regardless, what the heck was he doing here. And why did his "guilty conscience" (guilty about being caught, not committing the act) bring him back here two nights later when he backed his car up to the railroads. Also, this is where they found her clothing items. This entire Harvest Structure activity is just a mystery to me, unless it was as simple as he forgot to dispose of those clothes and that was just driving him crazy (like a Columbo villain).

I am looking forward to the announcement this afternoon. I hope and pray for closure to this story for the Stoltzfoos family, Bird-in-Hand community, and the Lancaster community in general. If we are permitted, you better believe I will be one of the hounds on Gault Road or Dutchland Inc. this weekend. Thank you to everyone for this blog, it has helped me significantly more than any other source on this case.

KEY FOR THE MAP:
1. Justo Smoker residence (roughly)
2. Abduction (exactly) - 1242PM
3. Amish Road sighting (roughly) 115PM
4. Harvest Structures (3104 Harvest Drive) 230PM-330PM

Top right X: welsh mountains
Bottom right X: Dutchland Inc (where Smoker works)

EDIT: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MAP NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED TO SHOW AN ACCURATE RESIDENCE FOR JUSTO SMOKER: IT IS 3250 LINCOLN HIGHWAY AND NOT CHERRY ROAD/LINCOLN HIGHWAY INTERSECTION

Attachments

• Linda Stoltzfoos - JS circle and timeline.jpg
    Linda Stoltzfoos - JS circle and timeline.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Interesting.

Going out on a limb... could this abduction be retribution against those that he perceived helped send him to prison? My opinion only
It could be a motive, for sure.
I have felt it is a sexual motive since the beginning, however, I did not think of retribution so it's always great to get different ideas here to discuss.
Also, WELCOME-- to you and the other new members and LOCALS that are here for Linda.
Your input is appreciated :)

I don’t understand JS’s thought process. Does he ACTUALLY believe if there’s “no body”, he can’t be charged with murder. Honestly.

Maybe he doesn’t think he can be convicted, which, I suppose for a criminal is a different thing. He is clearly not paying attention regarding being charged (Fotis Dulos), OR being convicted (Patrick Frazee).

@Saphyrrra

I literally just signed up, but I've been following this blog since the story broke and would like to commend its integrity. I made a PDF screenshot of the circle and timeline because the logistics were driving me nuts. For background, I'm from Lancaster and recently moved back last year. I was raised in another Amish area, but worked at the Steamboat Inn and another hotel in the Bird-in-Hand area for 7 years, and have a deep connection to the very kind community there. I'm a bit of a shady character myself (but with a kind heart) and I am extremely familiar with those roads from smoke breaks at work. This is why the map drives me nuts, it makes no logistical sense. I also agree with other posts that I would love to be permitted to search for Linda, but I also completely understand why LE operates the way that they do.

What is driving me nuts about the logistics? From the beginning, the camera catches him booking a right down Beechdale road from Mill Creek heading south towards Church Road and 340. The next known location is the sighting on Amish Road approximately 30-50 minutes later. I actually don't know the exact timing of the Amish rd sighting, but I remember it was appropriately distanced from abduction to be "en route" to some other location. This is the first thing that hurts my head. Amish Road is a very small "L" shaped road that would indicate he was heading southeast from the abduction. It would make a lot more sense for this sighting to have been on his way to his occupation at Dutchland Inc. than for it to be on his way to the Welsh Mountains. Perhaps he dipped south to Rt 30 to avoid driving through her intimate Amish community (to outsiders we think it's isolated but perhaps they would all immediately recognize Linda) - this would explain why he would be Amish road heading northeast towards Welsh mountains at this sighting. Either way, I personally believe he was on his way to Welsh Mountains or Dutchland Inc. Both provide perfect means for this heinous crime. Dutchland Inc. is a construction company and we know what the mafia has done with that for years. There is actually a perfect way to pull over off on route 41 just past Dutchland, Inc. - there is a break in the guard rail on the right side of the road. He could have pulled over into that construction zone and entered through the backwoods - just a thought. Also important to point out that we know nothing publicly about Welsh mountains other than that is where the searches were heavily focused and it would mirror Evelyn Fisher case - but clearly LE knows a little more and rightfully so.

The second thing that really hurts my head is the activity at Harvest Structures (the company at 3104 Harvest Drive). I'm such a nut that I actually drove by it yesterday and the corn is so high that you can only see the entrance and the factory, but where Smoker backed into was entirely not visible from the road. Thank goodness the business owner did what he did. But back to logistics, this is the next publicly known location after the Amish Road sighting. He spent a full hour here from 230-330. Why in the world would he not have disposed of everything at the scene? I am not well versed but that makes the most sense to me. Regardless, what the heck was he doing here. And why did his "guilty conscience" (guilty about being caught, not committing the act) bring him back here two nights later when he backed his car up to the railroads. Also, this is where they found her clothing items. This entire Harvest Structure activity is just a mystery to me, unless it was as simple as he forgot to dispose of those clothes and that was just driving him crazy (like a Columbo villain). It's very interesting to me that the road he lives on (Cherry Rd) aligns perfectly with an isolated corner directly on the other side of those tracks. Look at where Cherry Road turns into Irishtown road - just an interesting coincidence, but an Amish family lives there too so it's not entirely abandoned.

I am looking forward to the announcement this afternoon. I hope and pray for closure to this story for the Stoltzfoos family, Bird-in-Hand community, and the Lancaster community in general. If we are permitted, you better believe I will be one of the hounds on Gault Road or Dutchland Inc. this weekend. Thank you to everyone for this blog, it has helped me significantly more than any other source on this case.

KEY FOR THE MAP:

The affidavit I read said he lived here: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

The affidavit I read said he lived here: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Not sure how to change it, but you're definitely right. Thanks for the correction. Just slide the 1 over past Paradise and curb the Irishtown road/ cherry road speculation.

I guess the core issue still bothers me. It still makes no logistical sense to be seen on Amish Road and then back at Harvest Structures - as in why not go directly from Beechdale to Harvest Structures?

@Saphyrrra

What is driving me nuts about the logistics? From the beginning, the camera catches him booking a right down Beechdale road from Mill Creek heading south towards Church Road and 340. The next known location is the sighting on Amish Road approximately 30-50 minutes later. I actually don't know the exact timing of the Amish rd sighting, but I remember it was appropriately distanced from abduction to be "en route" to some other location. This is the first thing that hurts my head. Amish Road is a very small "L" shaped road that would indicate he was heading southeast from the abduction. It would make a lot more sense for this sighting to have been on his way to his occupation at Dutchland Inc. than for it to be on his way to the Welsh Mountains. Perhaps he dipped south to Rt 30 to avoid driving through her intimate Amish community (to outsiders we think it's isolated but perhaps they would all immediately recognize Linda) - this would explain why he would be Amish road heading northeast towards Welsh mountains at this sighting. Either way, I personally believe he was on his way to Welsh Mountains or Dutchland Inc. Both provide perfect means for this heinous crime. Dutchland Inc. is a construction company and we know what the mafia has done with that for years. There is actually a perfect way to pull over off on route 41 just past Dutchland, Inc. - there is a break in the guard rail on the right side of the road. He could have pulled over into that construction zone and entered through the backwoods - just a thought. Also important to point out that we know nothing publicly about Welsh mountains other than that is where the searches were heavily focused and it would mirror Evelyn Fisher case - but clearly LE knows a little more and rightfully so.

The second thing that really hurts my head is the activity at Harvest Structures (the company at 3104 Harvest Drive). I'm such a nut that I actually drove by it yesterday and the corn is so high that you can only see the entrance and the factory, but where Smoker backed into was entirely not visible from the road. Thank goodness the business owner did what he did. But back to logistics, this is the next publicly known location after the Amish Road sighting. He spent a full hour here from 230-330. Why in the world would he not have disposed of everything at the scene? I am not well versed but that makes the most sense to me. Regardless, what the heck was he doing here. And why did his "guilty conscience" (guilty about being caught, not committing the act) bring him back here two nights later when he backed his car up to the railroads. Also, this is where they found her clothing items. This entire Harvest Structure activity is just a mystery to me, unless it was as simple as he forgot to dispose of those clothes and that was just driving him crazy (like a Columbo villain). It's very interesting to me that the road he lives on (Cherry Rd) aligns perfectly with an isolated corner directly on the other side of those tracks. Look at where Cherry Road turns into Irishtown road - just an interesting coincidence, but an Amish family lives there too so it's not entirely abandoned.

KEY FOR THE MAP:

Welcome, Crispy! Your information is very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse