Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not thinking he buried her there. Just that she could have been in the car at that point. If that is the case, he had many days to do what he did and could have traveled many miles.
If she was deceased in the car then decomposition would begin. There is no way I think she was alive and bound up in the car after 6/21.

Oh, let's hope so. But it's been a week since he's been arrested. If she was captive, I'm not sure of the outcome.
I'm not saying I think she is still live. I just don't know. I think she could have still been alive on 6/21 and all the talk about him not having enough time on that day to dispose of the body may be moot.

Thank you.

I'm not aware of any DA who isn't elected.

As far as those who are against the DP they would be disqualified to sit on any DP case anyway.

The governors or other elected officials in some states may be opposed to the DP. However the last poll I saw the majority of Americans still believe it should be an option.

Just because the governors doesn't carry them out....juries consistently vote for the DP in the worst cases.

It's really sad that CA has over 700 on DR who haven't been executed.

It's not the fault of the jurors who carefully listened to all of the evidence, both in the trial phase, and then the sentencing phase to come to their weighty decision taking weeks or even months of their time to come to the correct sentence. CA hasnt executed anyone in years either, but juries are still sitting on DP cases, and giving it even now when all 12 agree it is the sentence that most fits the crime.

It's really a slap in the face of all juries everywhere that has the DP when they are the ones that must make this decision unanimously, and when they do then their verdict isn't carried out by those who weren't even there hearing all of the testimony.

Jmho
Thank you too. I don't want to railroad this thread, but I thought I'd add this.

Alaska, Connecticut, and New Jersey all appoint their DA's.

There are many cases in which jurors are selected for a death penalty case, but after a verdict of guilty is reached, they end up hung on the sentence phase of the trial. In a DP case, each juror knows in advance whether or not it's a DP case before they are chosen.
The Jodi Aries trial is a good example.... Two DP sentencing phases, and both hung.
There are procedures in place for when that happens.
Life Verdict or Hung Jury? How States Treat Non-Unanimous Jury Votes in Capital-Sentencing Proceedings | Death Penalty Information Center

You are right. In the past, the majority of Americans were in favor for the DP, but that's changed. According to a Gallop poll taken last November, 60% of Americans are against the DP.... 36% in favor.
Americans Now Support Life in Prison Over Death Penalty

California spent 4.3 billion dollars executing 17 people since 1977. It's less expensive to incarcerate for life than it is to carry out a death sentence.

On average, there is one DP sentence for every 200 murder convictions.

Many years ago I was doing some work in the area just south of Death Valley during July. Daytime temperatures always around 115 F. Along the highway there I saw at least 2 car fires per day. Maybe 2/3rds were overheated engines going up a mountain grade and the other 1/3rd were from overheated brakes going down the mountain. If it was the engine overheating the car would usually have the hood up. If it was the brakes they wouldn't. There are also fires ignited by electrical problems.

I agree with you that the engine is the most likely starting point of a car fire but the gas tank is in the back and the inside is full of combustible fabric and plastic so I have no idea how to interpret these pictures of the burned car. I find it suspicious because of the location, at JS's apartment, and the timing, just after he kidnaps LS and needs to destroy evidence. Not having the hood open adds a little to my suspicion, but I would be suspicious even if the hood was open.
If the handle or cable that unlatches the hood is melted, they wouldn't be able to get the hood open unless they cut the hood around the latch, or spent time unlatching it through the grill. My guess is they wouldn't do that until the fire was out and the metal cooled off some, but I may be wrong. So it may be pointless to open the hood after the fire is out.

Thank you too. I don't want to railroad this thread, but I thought I'd add this.

Alaska, Connecticut, and New Jersey all appoint their DA's.

There are many cases in which jurors are selected for a death penalty case, but after a verdict of guilty is reached, they end up hung on the sentence phase of the trial. In a DP case, each juror knows in advance whether or not it's a DP case before they are chosen.
The Jodi Aries trial is a good example.... Two DP sentencing phases, and both hung.
There are procedures in place for when that happens.
Life Verdict or Hung Jury? How States Treat Non-Unanimous Jury Votes in Capital-Sentencing Proceedings | Death Penalty Information Center

You are right. In the past, the majority of Americans were in favor for the DP, but that's changed. According to a Gallop poll taken last November, 60% of Americans are against the DP.... 36% in favor.
Americans Now Support Life in Prison Over Death Penalty

California spent 4.3 billion dollars executing 17 people since 1977. It's less expensive to incarcerate for life than it is to carry out a death sentence.

On average, there is one DP sentence for every 200 murder convictions.
Less expensive to incarcerate for life ? That just blew me away.

Countless appeals are avoided.

A new study in California revealed that the cost of the death penalty in the state has been over $4 billion since 1978. Study considered pretrial and trial costs, costs of automatic appeals and state habeas corpus petitions, costs of federal habeas corpus appeals, and costs of incarceration on death row. (Alarcon & Mitchell, 2011).

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/URLs_Cited/OT2016/16-5247/16-5247-2.pdf

Where did it say police believe she was at Harvest Drive the day she was abducted ? Link please. Also, the person on Harvest Drive who said he backed in said the trunk was open. ? Where is the link to that ? The clothing he left behind was buried. You have added a lot of info. I haven't heard before and a new twist to this sad tale which could be totally true.
Additionally, we don't know what Linda was thinking because we don't know if she was alive or deceased on the afternoon of the 21st.

Yes. a DP trial alone can cost twice as much as a trial where the DP is off the table.
The appellate process costs millions.
It cost the state of Ca taxpayers 308 million dollars each to execute 17 inmates since 1977.
In California, the appellate process is automatic and takes place regardless if the inmate and his/her attorney participate or not.

Laughing I so got to learn this stuff. Yes all that about the car is on the Crime Watch site. The guy that took the pictures seen a few things and took pictures. I don’t want to get in trouble for posting rumors so ..... I’ll leave it at that.

<modsnip>

When you find an approved msm source, go to the top right and click on copy link. It is now on your clipboard. Go back to the thread and click on reply or reply to thread. Up top is a tool bar, click on the chain link icon and a rectangle box will appear. Click on box and the paste command will pop up. Paste into the box and then write your comment or just press post. You can also click the preview button. I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you find an approved msm source, go to the top right and click on copy link. It is now on your clipboard. Go back to the thread and click on reply or reply to thread. Up top is a tool bar, click on the chain link icon and a rectangle box will appear. Click on box and the paste command will pop up. Paste into the box and then write your comment or just press post. You can also click the preview button. I hope this helps.
Thank you Mind your biscuits.

Sadly I don’t believe Linda fought back she may have tried to resist. I think that poor girl was frozen with fear. She never had a boyfriend and her friends said she was really shy around boys. Justo didn’t have a mark on him that could be seen when he was arrested and no one is saying he did right after Linda went missing. The whole fire thing at his house is rumor and nothing to do with this case. I thought it could be related also but it’s not. He was living at the Lincoln Hwy address with his brother Victor. That a matter of record. It’s said he Justo got kicked out of his apartment weeks ago for having his girlfriend there all the time.... no idea if that’s truth and really don’t matter it has nothing to do with him taking Linda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills