Found Deceased PA - Lindsey Piccone, 21, Tyler State Park, 6 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@kb

I actually hope you dont believe what you are saying, about me finding this of entertainment value.
I dont.

The homosexual rumors were not just brought up by me, if your family is concerned about them, or anyone involved is, I want you to understand why the public is. We are not concerned that she is gay, We are concerned about the fact she vanished at that age. I have studied psychology and abnormal psychology, and have family members who are gay who went through hell because of it. Please look up the suicide and runaway rates in people who are gay- As I stated before I knew a man who was helping 2 women change their identities in Ohio the week she went missing because they felt their family did not accept them. I know for a fact they arent Lindsey now but I didnt know that, and one of them was 19. So to me it was like maybe this is a possibility for her too. Those families have to be worried sick also. . Significant others are often areas of interest and that wasnt released which could be valuable to the case.... Usually even if its a side note they will say Significant other so and so has no idea where they could be. Because the person closest to the individual missing is the person who needs to be interviewed- and maybe they were but if it were my family member I wouldn't hesitate releasing that information because whether someone is gay or straight makes no difference to me and I would hope the public would feel the same way. If they knew something about this significant other I didnt, I would want that information. I love my gay family the same as my straight family but know they dont always get the support they need.

Furthermore, There is a reason I hope she is not "found".
After reading about the notes and everything my mind immediately went to suicide. I definitely dont want her found that way. Secondly because if she hiding, shes might be in great danger. Its not that I dont want her family to know shes okay, I wish shed reach out to anyone...but If I were hiding from something I would be afraid that if I let them know I was okay- they would track and find out where I was. Her family seems to really want to know where she is, and I think I would be pushing right now to just make sure shes okay. What if Lindsey is right. What if she is in danger. If her family post that she is "found" or if it is ever public enough for me to know about it ..the person she is hiding from will also know she is "found".

I personally think what her brother is going through is emotionally a lot on her. Shes 21, it probably seems like the end of the world. I also worry that shes in danger, not by him or immediate family, but by somebody who knows the family.

If the family doesn't want crazy rumors, they could release more information. I do believe the mom wants her to be found and most of the family. I just hope noone knows anything they arent able to release for their own safety and I dont necessarily mean her mom or dad or brother.We all want to find her not for the money, or the reward but because we all look at Lindsey and say God shes too young and too beautiful for this world to be allowed to hurt her. Ive personally looked at Tyler State park, and it was an hour and a half drive.

We have no angles to go off of. We are trying to help. Please forgive us for any offense caused by speculation.

Has LE confirmed the time-line of what happened up to and including when it was realized that LP had gone "missing", or is it too soon?

Have all interviews been completed?

Is a second round necessary?

Why would she have someone elses phone? Just by mistake?

If LP and someone else each had a throw-away (pay-as-you-go type) phone it would be an easy method for communicating without anyone knowing or being able to track.

It's possible.

Is it likely?

No. Well...

If LP and someone else each had a throw-away (pay-as-you-go type) phone it would be an easy method for communicating without anyone knowing or being able to track.

It's possible.

Is it likely?

No. Well...

@ Chuck my twin ran away when we were 16. She stayed Missing with her BF who drove 12 hours to come and get her, for 14 days with NO WORD..

Because she was under 18 and he was over 18 LE was able to track her SS number and find her..but heres how we WERENT able to find her for 14 days.

- She did not take her phone, she bought a pay as you go phone FIRST THING SHE DID.
- She emptied out her bank account ahead of time so that her transactions could not be traced.
- They did not take their IDs so if they were pulled over it wouldn't be reported as them.
- LE everyday told me I Knew something when I didnt.
- She did one time contact a stranger to contact us that she was OK, but only after we made several public pleas saying we don't need to know where you are we just need to know you are okay.
- She contacted the stranger using a Wal-mart payphone while traveling (so it couldnt be traced) to tell us she was okay.
- She disabled her facebook
- She had left a note saying not all who wander are lost, and not all who are lost want to be found.
- She had falsely googled directions to Philadelphia and Florida when really they went to Missouri, Mall of America, California...
- She DID NOT take her car, He drove up to get her, we were unable to get phone calls because she unplugged the phone unknowingly to us and told us she was going to work late that night. Woke up the next morning car was there she was not.
- Her reasoning for running away was us not approving of their relationship, and family problems.
- She DID eventually need an ID for a job interview, when they ran the SS she gave them they found out she was missing/ called authorities who planned to show up to the job interview, I left a million messages on his facebook and her emails to not go to the job interview that cops were going to be there-- I knew she was so fragile and broken as it was that I did not want to see her arrested. She had let us know she was okay so I just wanted her to be happy ---- this is the only reason she came home. They only did this because of her age. Then she of course told them she realized she couldn't get a job when I messaged her cops were going to show up, so I got lectured by a bunch of cops about aiding in a delinquency of a minor.
- SHE CAME HOME.

On a happy note 8 years later they are married and have a baby, but they had no intention of contacting us and there were no sightings. So its very possible she is still alive and getting a new pay as you go phone is like the first thing she did.

@kb some of us actually get it. http://legacy.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/061216/briefs.shtml
Furthermore She googled herself all the time (she was actually mad I added 10 pounds to her weight), it took us months to get as many sites to take down the post as possible but I believe its only left on 3 or 4 sites. It was a clean up process so that future employers wouldn't see it, but actually one employer did see it and told her at that age she had to be highly ambitious and highly intelligent to make it that far and he didn't see it as a con, and this is for like an actual city job testing composition of roadways utilizing nano technology.

@ Chuck my twin ran away when we were 16. She stayed Missing with her BF who drove 12 hours to come and get her, for 14 days with NO WORD..

Because she was under 18 and he was over 18 LE was able to track her SS number and find her..but heres how we WERENT able to find her.

- She did not take her phone, she bought a pay as you go phone FIRST THING SHE DID.
- She emptied out her bank account ahead of time so that her transactions could not be traced.
- They did not take their IDs so if they were pulled over it wouldn't be reported as them.
- She DID eventually need an ID for a job interview, when they ran the SS she gave them they found out she was missing/ called authorities who showed up to the job interview---- this is the only reason she came home. They only did this becuase of her age.
- LE everyday told me I Knew something when I didnt.
- She did one time contact a stranger to contact us that she was OK, but only after we made several public pleas saying we don't need to know where you are we just need to know you are okay. She had left a note saying not all who wander are lost, and not all who are lost want to be found.
- She contacted a stranger using a payphone so it couldnt be traced.
- She disabled her facebook
- She had falsely googled directions to Philadelphia and Florida when really they went to Missouri, Mall of America, California...
- She DID NOT take her car, He drove up to get her, we were unable to get phone calls because she unplugged the phone unknowingly to us and told us she was going to work late that night. Woke up the next morning car was there she was not.
- Her reasoning for running away was us not approving of their relationship, and family problems.

On a happy note 8 years late they are married and have a baby, but they had no intention of contacting us and there were no sightings. So its very possible she is still alive and getting a new pay as you go phone is like the first thing she did.
@kb some of us actually get it. http://legacy.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/061216/briefs.shtml
Furthermore She googled herself all the time, it took us months to get as many sites to take down the post as possible but I believe its only left on 3 or 4 sites. It was a clean up process so that future employers wouldn't see it, but actually one employer did see it and told her at that age she had to be highly ambitious and highly intelligent to make it that far and he didn't see it as a con, and this is for like an actual city job testing composition of roadways utilizing nano technology.

Hence, my qualifier: "No. Well..."

It is possible, but LP apparently has lots of friends... I think it would be unusual if at least one of them did not know about a disapproved-of BF.

Hence, my qualifier: "No. Well..."

It is possible, but LP apparently has lots of friends... I think it would be unusual if at least one of them did not know about a disapproved-of BF.

Yeah I have not went that route in a few weeks in my thinking with Lindsey.... mainly because her family doesn't seem to think thats the reason she left, but that is the reason my twin did which is why she left with him.

I do think her not taking her IDs or phone highly signifies Running Away or Self Harm, which because she hasnt been found yet.... I dont think Self Harm is the case... also to leave IDs behind if you are considering self harm would seem logical, but the phone ..normally you would want to send out your last cries for help or your last messages....so I dont know...

I actually was at the beginning of this on Craigslist looking to see who was offering rides out of that area and there were quite a few, its on the Rideshare page of Craigslist under community.
That page is now on a different date range, but I posted her missing pic there because if I were gonna run away that's how I would do it and her and I arent that different in age.
I contacted one person who was asking for a ride anywhere out of bucks county but never got a response from him/her.

I guess the reason I was responding was to say I think the phone and ID being left behind is not really anything abnormal considering the options of what happened to her, it is consistent with what my twin did, which is consistent with not wanting to be found right now for some reason. Same with Deactivating her Facebook or in twins case Myspace.

Part of me wonders if family knows she is okay but also knows shes in great danger if she is "found".

We do not *know* whether or not LP actually has her phone.

It's been reported she does not, but who knows.

Either way, it's obvious LE was not able to triangulate / locate LP's last position beyond the park.

We do not *know* whether or not LP actually has her phone.

It's been reported she does not, but who knows.

Either way, it's obvious LE was not able to triangulate / locate LP's last position beyond the park.

I believe they have it.
Any phone can be found by satellite...Google can tell me the last known places my phone was at...it also can turn up the volume on my phone and make it ring it I lose it. Most phones on phone plans have this capability inherently now...only track and pay as you go phones are anonymous....and only because you don't have to put your real name on it.

bbm

I believe they have it.
Any phone can be found by satellite...Google can tell me the last known places my phone was at...it also can turn up the volume on my phone and make it ring it I lose it. Most phones on phone plans have this capability inherently now...only track and pay as you go phones are anonymous....and only because you don't have to put your real name on it.

Not exactly. GPS-enabled cell phones receive signals from GPS satellites, not the other way around. GPS circuitry and programming in the phone calculate a position from signals received from three or more GPS satellites. The more satellite signals received the more accurate the location result. Google tracking is based on a cell phone sending information to Google servers via the Internet ("data") connection of the phone.

I disable GPS on all my cell phones. Google does not track my phones (disabled on Google).

Another method for 'tracking' a cell phone is via triangulation of a cell phone signal communicating to three or more cellular 'nodes' (commonly referred to as 'towers', which references antenna(s) at the location but of course each maintains transmitters, receivers and digital equipment that translates and communicates cellular information to one or more distribution locations).

GPS is more accurate than phone signal triangulation.

The above is an oversimplification of even the basics and does not include tracking software, tracking websites, direct cell phone signal tracking via ground-based units, etc.

bbm

Not exactly. GPS-enabled cell phones receive signals from GPS satellites, not the other way around. GPS circuitry and programming in the phone calculate a position from signals received from three or more GPS satellites. The more satellite signals received the more accurate the location result. Google tracking is based on a cell phone sending information to Google servers via the Internet ("data") connection of the phone.

I disable GPS on all my cell phones. Google does not track my phones (disabled on Google).

Another method for 'tracking' a cell phone is via triangulation of a cell phone signal communicating to three or more cellular 'nodes' (commonly referred to as 'towers', which references antenna(s) at the location but of course each maintains transmitters, receivers and digital equipment that translates and communicates cellular information to one or more distribution locations).

GPS is more accurate than phone signal triangulation.

The above is an oversimplification of even the basics and does not include tracking software, tracking websites, direct cell phone signal tracking via ground-based units, etc.

I have this feeling Google could still find you, and me, they are creeps.

So assuming your simple minded like me..you think I don't want them seeing my phone records with break down of who Im calling etc. Before Google I'd call my phone company and they'd know how to locate my phone probably using the same method. I just see a lot of risk by not getting a pay as you go phone. My twin was 16 and Smart enough too....but who knows.

This is interesting. This is supposed to be a photo of a piece of the bridge on which LP was sitting as she appeared in the originally released photo. Someone "doodled" on one of the bridge posts...

http://www.djibnet.com/photo/lindsey+piccone/difficulties-29459094021.html

During the search there was a ton of graffiti of that nature found in the park. They regularly perform maintenance but the park is a common hangout for younger adults who may 'doodle' such contemplative things. None were determined to be written in Lindsey's handwriting.

I have not checked these posts in a while because my time and energy have been spent trying to find Lindsey in the real world rather than online. I was informed how to become an authorized user but chose not to because, frankly, i don't have the desire to be that involved on this site However, I feel I should clarify a few things...
The reason that more detail has not been released is because of exactly what is occurring here People tend to distort information and take it to mean more than it does That doesn't help us find Lindsey... there is very little to go on as it is. ANYTHING is still possible. The evidence points to possibly suicide, or running away, but there are pieces of information that prevent the ruling out of any involvement of another person. The idea that Lindsey was in any kind of danger at home is very far fetched She has a vast amount of people who would help her in any situation. I think it is borderline offensive when someone indicates the family is too forceful for wanting her home rather than just knowing she is ok. OF COURSE they would like to just know shes ok, but has it occurred to you that they may want her home for the same reason she was listed as endangered? And wouldn't you be desperate to get your loved one back when you are worried sick about them? And lets just get a few things straight... NO Lindsey is not gay. NO she has no drug abuse history. NO she has no history of mental health diagosis. That is why her going missing is such a mystery to her family AND law enforcement. The best way for the public to help is keep eyes open for Lindsey in case she is alive and out there somewhere. We have been trying to get media to air her story but because there is so little to go on it doesn't appeal to them as a sensational story. There will be a live newsfeed online in the coming days if you want more details.

I have not checked these posts in a while because my time and energy have been spent trying to find Lindsey in the real world rather than online. I was informed how to become an authorized user but chose not to because, frankly, i don't have the desire to be that involved on this site However, I feel I should clarify a few things...The reason that more detail has not been released is because of exactly what is occurring here People tend to distort information and take it to mean more than it does That doesn't help us find Lindsey... there is very little to go on as it is. ANYTHING is still possible. The evidence points to possibly suicide, or running away, but there are pieces of information that prevent the ruling out of any involvement of another person. The idea that Lindsey was in any kind of danger at home is very far fetched She has a vast amount of people who would help her in any situation. I think it is borderline offensive when someone indicates the family is too forceful for wanting her home rather than just knowing she is ok. OF COURSE they would like to just know shes ok, but has it occurred to you that they may want her home for the same reason she was listed as endangered? And wouldn't you be desperate to get your loved one back when you are worried sick about them? And lets just get a few things straight... NO Lindsey is not gay. NO she has no drug abuse history. NO she has no history of mental health diagosis. That is why her going missing is such a mystery to her family AND law enforcement. The best way for the public to help is keep eyes open for Lindsey in case she is alive and out there somewhere. We have been trying to get media to air her story but because there is so little to go on it doesn't appeal to them as a sensational story. There will be a live newsfeed online in the coming days if you want more details.
I was desperate to get my family back, and did want to know where my family was so I get it. Of course I see they are pushing for that, but I was saying I was trying to give her an anonymous way to report she was okay, and I got attacked for it. Even though that is how my twin contacted my family when she wasnt ready to come home.I also believe I stated noones had the she ran away because shes gay theory in a while but it was brought up a lot by multiple people during the beginning of the investigation. I find it sad how jumpy everyone gets about that. Gay people do runaway more and she had posted on a LBGT website. We get it shes not gay, but there is no reason to find the theory as offensive when 20 to 40 percent of all runaways are homosexual. If someone had said maybe your twin ran away because she was gay she posted on a LBGT website, I would have said yes because shes very sympathetic towards that group and showing support since we have family that is LBGT, but she has a boyfriend.. I personally wouldnt be offended- because many families do lose their children that way. These "rumors" arent to say oh hey look lindsey might have been gay, its to make sure that she wasnt dealing with the same fear and sadness many of those people are. Furthermore, a significant other was not released so people will often wonder, did she runaway because of someone the family didn't like (as my family member did), and if so for what reason...but again I think that would have all resolved within days of her seeing how much her family wanted her to come back and how much support they were offering her. The family doesnt seem to think a significant other was involved, so I no longer do either.I dont think I ever indicated she had drug abuse problems, but if anyone else did its because a lot of people at that age who go missing do have that tendency as well.People are bringing up wild and crazy scenarios because disappearing is NOT normal, and theres not really a lot of normal explanations for it. Everyone wants to see this beautiful beautiful girl come back home. We dont want to believe she committed suicide. We just dont, and suicide would result from a mental illness, which now its been indicated she doesnt have a history with.I chose to believe she ran away at this point. I hope shes safe and I hope shes not scared. I do think that if she is "found" the family would maybe have to keep that under wraps because she might be afraid of endangering them.I hope she can find away to contact her family- and again, I chose not to believe the suicide method until its proven otherwise. Lindsey was a very smart looking girl, and Im sure if things were that bad, she would be intelligent enough to "disappear" before having to resort to something like suicide.

I have not checked these posts in a while because my time and energy have been spent trying to find Lindsey in the real world rather than online. I was informed how to become an authorized user but chose not to because, frankly, i don't have the desire to be that involved on this site However, I feel I should clarify a few things...
The reason that more detail has not been released is because of exactly what is occurring here People tend to distort information and take it to mean more than it does That doesn't help us find Lindsey... there is very little to go on as it is. ANYTHING is still possible. The evidence points to possibly suicide, or running away, but there are pieces of information that prevent the ruling out of any involvement of another person. The idea that Lindsey was in any kind of danger at home is very far fetched She has a vast amount of people who would help her in any situation. I think it is borderline offensive when someone indicates the family is too forceful for wanting her home rather than just knowing she is ok. OF COURSE they would like to just know shes ok, but has it occurred to you that they may want her home for the same reason she was listed as endangered? And wouldn't you be desperate to get your loved one back when you are worried sick about them? And lets just get a few things straight... NO Lindsey is not gay. NO she has no drug abuse history. NO she has no history of mental health diagosis. That is why her going missing is such a mystery to her family AND law enforcement. The best way for the public to help is keep eyes open for Lindsey in case she is alive and out there somewhere. We have been trying to get media to air her story but because there is so little to go on it doesn't appeal to them as a sensational story. There will be a live newsfeed online in the coming days if you want more details.​

BBM. What does this mean?

The reason that more detail has not been released is because of exactly what is occurring here People tend to distort information and take it to mean more than it does That doesn't help us find Lindsey... there is very little to go on as it is. ANYTHING is still possible. The evidence points to possibly suicide, or running away, but there are pieces of information that prevent the ruling out of any involvement of another person. The idea that Lindsey was in any kind of danger at home is very far fetched She has a vast amount of people who would help her in any situation. I think it is borderline offensive when someone indicates the family is too forceful for wanting her home rather than just knowing she is ok. OF COURSE they would like to just know shes ok, but has it occurred to you that they may want her home for the same reason she was listed as endangered? And wouldn't you be desperate to get your loved one back when you are worried sick about them? And lets just get a few things straight... NO Lindsey is not gay. NO she has no drug abuse history. NO she has no history of mental health diagosis. That is why her going missing is such a mystery to her family AND law enforcement. The best way for the public to help is keep eyes open for Lindsey in case she is alive and out there somewhere. We have been trying to get media to air her story but because there is so little to go on it doesn't appeal to them as a sensational story. There will be a live newsfeed online in the coming days if you want more details.

BBM. What does this mean?

It means there will be an update via a live broadcast because the news outlets have "lost interest" in the case. Keep an eye out for bucks county news on Facebook or via the Facebook page The Search for Lindsey.

Please be aware this Facebook group page is solely for sharing informative posts and circulating her picture. Not for questions, allegations, or speculation.

bbm

[1] The reason that more detail has not been released is because of exactly what is occurring here People tend to distort information and take it to mean more than it does That doesn't help us find Lindsey... there is very little to go on as it is. ANYTHING is still possible. The [2] evidence points to possibly suicide, or running away, but there are pieces of information that prevent the ruling out of any involvement of another person. [3] The idea that Lindsey was in any kind of danger at home is very far fetched She has a vast amount of people who would help her in any situation. I think it is borderline offensive when someone indicates the family is too forceful for wanting her home rather than just knowing she is ok. OF COURSE they would like to just know shes ok, but [4] has it occurred to you that they may want her home for the same reason she was listed as endangered? And wouldn't you be desperate to get your loved one back when you are worried sick about them? And lets just get a few things straight... NO Lindsey is not gay. NO she has no drug abuse history. NO she has no history of mental health diagosis. That is why her going missing is such a mystery to her family AND law enforcement. [5] The best way for the public to help is keep eyes open for Lindsey in case she is alive and out there somewhere. We have been trying to get media to air her story but because there is so little to go on it doesn't appeal to them as a sensational story. There will be a live newsfeed online in the coming days if you want more details.

[1]
It is a catch-22. Sleuthers, in their intent to 'help', may become frustrated and lean toward assumption and speculation in cases for which little information has been made available. I am a believer of the simpler the explanation the more likely it is to be the truth. I believe that to be accurate for *most* case, but not for *all*. It sometimes may be difficult to balance simplicity and thinking-outside-the-box sleuthing.

I do not believe members in these forums have any intent to harm or disparage victims, families or friends. I suspect most members are not trained investigators. They simply are average citizens who want to help as best as they are able. Some members are trained in various disciplines and lend their time and wo/manpower to assisting law enforcement and families. Websleuths is more than simply an on-line forum speckled with arm-chair gossips and wannabes.

To be fair, even reporters and news organizations may "distort information" and it is not because they choose to do so... it sometimes results from a lazy or green or tired journalist, sparsity of information, incomplete or in-artful dissemination from LE and / or family and / or friends, etc. It isn't entirely fair to dismiss this forum.

A significant point in withholding information: early reporting indicated LE was searching the park and 'other areas frequented by LP': information regarding those 'other areas' has never been released: how could anyone keep an out eye for LP in those 'unknown' areas?

[2]
This is significant information which was NOT made available in any official reporting AFAIK. It is significant because it affects *where*: should people keep an eye out for LP on the street or should their focus be on wooded ravines and waterways? To ask for both is valid, but inefficient. I would argue: people walk / drive streets all the time whereas, ravines and waterways maybe not so often.

[3]
It may be considered as "far fetched" to family and close friends but not necessarily to people attempting to determine what / why. Sleuthing may turn up information that could lead to possible scenarios that are no so far-fetched. I can comment that information has been discovered involving events surrounding LP that could suggest scenarios not so far-fetched. I would argue: what has been discovered can not simply be dismissed, because as you commented:
ANYTHING is still possible

Maybe it is not likely, but in light of your comment it might remain on the table.

[4]
This leads back to [2]. I'd bet that thought has occurred to most if not all members in this forum. Speculation involving the intensity with which family might or might not want their loved one back home with them is all part of the sleuthing roller coaster, no ill-will nor accusation is to come of it; it all comes down to it being a possibility of the what / why.

[5]
Your comment,
in case she is alive
, is telling (implication: suicide) as it reveals a reason for LE's initial urgency and the "endangered" status. I fully understand the reasoning for retaining that information (if there is involvement of another person, to use your words... and I'll add 'foul play' to the implied scenario). But, attempts to maintain for a future 'good case' does not help in locating a missing LP: priority should focus on locating the missing person for which evidence suggests a self-harm scenario and worry about 'involvement of another person' after locating the missing person.

==========

I understand your frustration... it's been far too long and it's heartbreaking. We want for LP to be home with her family and I'd bet more than a few members in this forum have walked / searched the park and surrounding area.

I work in law enforcement so I'm trained well beyond these detailed explanations. I appreciate your insight, Chuckmaureen, but it's not that i don't understand where this stuff is coming from. Its that I'm frustrated at the randomness. This is not how investigations are conducted in the real world. And i agree that most of you have had good intentions and been appropriate. Certain people on this site however (without pointing fingers) are treating this forum more like a FB gossip group rather than focusing on the information at hand. You can't sleuth a case by throwing in fabricated information that is no more than speculation.
ChuckMaureen, thank you for maintaining a sensible voice of reason.

We can't really look in real life. It's a big big world. I took time to go to Tyler and do my walk there instead of at home....would continue to if there's any reason to believe she's there but people don't seem to think that's the case in the investigation. Again randomness occurs when there is no information to go off of. Disappearing isn't normal. Something "random" or "different" would have to be involved. If I'm 100 percent content with my life, had noone after me, and had no foul play factors....then me disappearing would be random. It would lead to concerns of my mental well being. It would bring questions. If the questions are responded to with anger it just raises more questions. I'm pretty sure if I were family and I were missing someone I'd frustrated too so I guess that is completely justifiable ... I still choose to believe she's okay. If my twin can disappear 2 weeks at age 16...im sure lindsey can too. Or at least I pray so.

I work in law enforcement so I'm trained well beyond these detailed explanations. I appreciate your insight, Chuckmaureen, but it's not that i don't understand where this stuff is coming from. Its that I'm frustrated at the randomness. This is not how investigations are conducted in the real world. And i agree that most of you have had good intentions and been appropriate. Certain people on this site however (without pointing fingers) are treating this forum more like a FB gossip group rather than focusing on the information at hand. You can't sleuth a case by throwing in fabricated information that is no more than speculation.
ChuckMaureen, thank you for maintaining a sensible voice of reason.

I appreciate your input, Intheknow78. Salute.

One thing about Websleuths and possibly other such-themed web sites is they are not restricted to LE rigidity in approach. Maybe it helps, maybe not but certain "randomness" could be perceived as a multi-tasking approach to crunching what is known and what could be (as based on sleuthed information and reasonable assumptions). LE has to manage resources; Internet sleuthers not so much... and their reach goes beyond local jurisdictions.

We should in no way expect that speculation within this forum affects "real world" (i.e., LE's) sleuthing. If it does then what we expect of LE (training mixed with discipline) might be exaggerated? It can not be both ways... LE reads this site and yet, some decry the way it's implemented. Curious, that. ;-)

In the simplest of perceptions it seems we're all just people with mainly the same goal in mind, with differences being in the how we get to the finish line. I have yet to read or be told of a case in which Websleuths has interfered, deterred or outright prevented a case from being solved and to be fair, not many cases have been outright solved in these forums but you can be sure LE has found it at least minimally useful... evidenced by the fact after all these years LE still lurks in the shadows, and pops up in once in a while to let us know they're heeeeerrrrre......

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/how-the-internet-may-have-solved-a-20-year-old-cold-case/2015/03/10/02a4a326-acb1-11e4-9c91-e9d2f9fde644_story.html

Is it legal for Law enforcement to trace the SS number of someone who is missing if they are over 18? I mean if they are considered endangered can they? I know with under 18 they can. Im sure they have if they can I just was wondering as a general question.
Wish the media was being more helpful to spread her picture / story. Crazy that they arent. BCFB page has its hands full though another girl Esma Donuk is missing in Bucks county. 17 y.o. brown hair, brown eyes, 120 lbs..very similar sounding in that they both just went missing...but astonishingly unrelated. I guess I really didnt understand how many people go missing. :(

Feel like the media could justify a segment now that they have 2 missing people, both young, in such a short span of time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asmok
Back