Found Deceased PA - Lindsey Piccone, 21, Tyler State Park, 6 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BUCKS COUNTY NEWS FEED on Facebook will be doing a live feed around 6:30 tonight. Watch for an update that local media did not want to air.

there is a tone to this thread that keeps me from posting anything hopeful. Reminds me to be kind to everyone, which is never a bad thing to be reminded of.

OK found it. Nothing new except I didn't know for sure she left a note indicating her departure was permanent, but supposedly they don't know the nature of that.....escape from life or suicide. Would sure be nice if they released what the note said. Might help.

A video plea from LP's family:

https://www.facebook.com/BucksCoNewsFeed/videos/454591921377986/

• LP left a note "that was very vague" and implied a "permanent goodbye".
  • Based on the note and other information "available to law enforcement" it is determined LP was under "distress or duress" at the time she went missing.
  • It is unknown if LP intended self-harm or to simply runaway.
  • LP did not take things with her, it appears to have been a spontaneous occurrence, not planned.
  • There were no indications of any issues before LP went missing, all seemed 'normal'.

This is an interesting article regarding early study of suicide notes and their authors: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/shadow-boxing/201210/suicide-notes

Bolds are as they appear in the article:

Comparing actual [suicide] notes with the simulated ones, the researchers found significantly more thought units in the genuine notes compared with the fictitious notes. “The genuine note writers apparently feel the need to say more in this last communication.”
There were also more discomfort units among the genuine suicide notes, which were also more emotionally intense (especially for hatred, self-blame, and vengeance). There was no quantitative difference between the groups on relief statements.
The most dramatic difference showed up in the neutral category: The genuine note-writers included much more neutral content, such as giving instructions or listing things to do (e.g., who gets this or that item from the decedent’s possessions).
Shneidman and Faberow concluded that genuine note-writers had accepted the fact that within a brief timeframe, they would be dead – an existential quality missing from the controls’ frame of reference.
Given how often the genuine suicides admonished the living, the researchers surmised that the suicidal person was trying to exercise one last bit of power in the world, as if his death added weight to his requests and requirements.
Shneidman and Faberow found that it was nearly impossible to distinguish a potentially suicidal person from case details alone, except for certain “red flag” conditions such as paranoid schizophrenia or reactive depression. Almost three-fourths of those who completed the act had attempted or threatened it in the past. About 50% of those who killed themselves after being discharged from a hospital accomplished the act within three months.
On standard psychological tests, individuals who had threatened suicide vs. attempted it showed more guilt, agitation, and aggression in their responses.
Suicide notes can offer valuable information (but not always!) about the reason people kill themselves and their psychological state at the time of death. Sometimes the motive is spelled out, sometimes it’s clear only indirectly.
Note-leavers sometimes feel a need to say something to someone they've left behind, whether a harsh word, an apology, an explanation, or just a to-do list. The form might be a single phrase, several pages, a series of Post-it notes, or even a videotape.
Among the typical sentiments expressed are:

• I can’t find my place in life.
  • This is best for all concerned.
  • I don’t want to go, but there is nothing else to do. I've never been much good.
  • I’m all twisted up inside.
A divorced women, age 61, wrote: “You cops will want to know why I did it, well, just let us say that I lived 61 years too many. People have always put obstacles in my way... I am not insane. My mind was never more clear. It has been a long day. The motor got so hot it would not run so I just had to sit here and wait. The breaks were against me to the last. The sun is leaving the hill now so hope nothing else happens.”
Many more studies have been done since Shneidman found his first set of notes, and much more is now known about the suicidal mind, but in many cases it still remains a mystery.

It is likely we will never be made aware of the content of LP's note beyond what was revealed in the family's video. That the family appears confused or unable to definitively conclude LP intended self-harm might indicate the note is too cryptic or LE instructed they want perception of the content to remain as "vague" to the public. If the note definitively indicates "self-harm" that would put dampen public participation in searching for LP.

"Distress and duress" are red flags. If LP's ("disappearance") was planned it does not seem unreasonable to believe LP would be stressed before acting on such a major life change but it seems there would have been signs in the days leading up to the implementation of such a plan.

IMO, it is evident what LP intended.

Im sick that a mother has to go through this for six weeks.. She really held it together for the video though. That had to be hard.

-Suicide takes a means of method such as a missing firearm, knife, or missing pills. Leaving your car in the woods is not in itself a means of suicide.
So hopefully since none of that was mentioned... that isnt the primary concern.
- "let her go" comment on facebook which was previously mentioned on this thread really bothers me
- other information" available to law enforcement" = SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING. I wish theyd come forward, they cant get away with it forever.

Suicide is less frequently completed by women than men, but far more women attempt than men. Women are prone to pills/ poisoning and they fail, while men use firearms more often and therefore dont fail as often.
None the less, most people who commit suicide have talked about it and/or tried it before. The family doesn't seem to acknowledge she has a history of this. I still think a person about to commit suicide would bring their phone just to spread their last goodbyes. If they said she left a vague note, according to the study above it would be less likely she committed suicide. I dont know..too many unknowns still.

bbm

Im sick that a mother has to go through this for six weeks.. She really held it together for the video though. That had to be hard.

-Suicide takes a means of method such as a missing firearm, knife, or missing pills. Leaving your car in the woods is not in itself a means of suicide.
So hopefully since none of that was mentioned... that isnt the primary concern.
- "let her go" comment on facebook which was previously mentioned on this thread really bothers me
- other information" available to law enforcement" = SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING. I wish theyd come forward, they cant get away with it forever.

I discovered and posted that phrase in this thread; extracted from a similar message of (not exact, close enough): ~"How's everything bud good I hope see you soon let her go" seems somewhat reasonable if a "runaway" situation is assumed, i.e., she wanted to leave so let her go.

If "self-harm" was assumed the comment appears as callous. I suspect during that first week the family was leaning heavily toward "runaway"... with the other possibility to tragic to imagine.

Given to on which FB account that comment was posted it could be extrapolated to imply certain things if taken in context with other publicly-available information associated to the owner and making wild assumptions. I dismiss those assumptions and categorize the comment as a 'let her do what she wants' throwaway comment.

No connection.

I feel let her go...heavily implies she ran or told someone she thought about running....instead of suicide. But then again I'm really biased because I don't want to believe she commited suicide..haven't seen a go fund me page...would donate to the reward and think lot's of people would....wonder if they plan to release more.

Wondering if fingerprints other than LP's were found on the vehicle or steering wheel and if the driver's seat position was tested for position change.

Mud / shoe prints on the floorboards / mats?

Were receipts discovered in LP's vehicle? Discarded food or drink product wrappers? If so, which stores?

Were abandoned houses and empty houses for sale checked?

Had LP recently placed orders on-line (before disappearance)? If so, shipped to where?

Lets me play devil's advocate and say LP ran away. Why choose the park to leave her car? Is there one way out of there? Are there cameras showing car activity that day?

Well for some of the more obvious reasons chose a park I guess like....
Assuming she ran... We would also likely assume she would have had to meet up with someone to get a ride out...
First your not giving your families address by going to a park, your going to a place that is low-key and probably too large to surveillance heavily (like Wal-mart). Noone would notice the cars coming in and out like the might in a neighborhood. Your family wouldnt see you leave with anyone in particular.
Second- You know the abandonned car will be found eventually so you wont have to worry about it being traced. It isnt unusual for a car to sit a day there so you might have some extra time that way.
Third- Its a good landmark/meeting spot that isnt residential that you could easily describe to someone directions to.
Fourth- A land mark she frequented so she would know it well.

But, public parks are also a place people go to make their permanent goodbyes with the world and I understand why people think that as well. Especially with the note..
The hope I'm hanging onto.. No missing firearms that we know of, no reports of a distressed female walking, no body thus far, no known prevoius attempts or threats that we know of (CRUCIAL)..

And this park is 15-20 minutes away from her house in Bensalem. And this decision was spontaneous, where she had to make this ride to that place, not go anywhere closer. And nobody knows anything. I am starting to think she ran away.

And this park is 15-20 minutes away from her house in Bensalem. And this decision was spontaneous, where she had to make this ride to that place, not go anywhere closer. And nobody knows anything. I am starting to think she ran away.

I am hoping she ran away and decides to come back. I read through the comments on FB too see if there was any helpful information and none really... I guess people were staying away from the park because they thought there was an abduction. With more people going now, maybe they'll find her if she did self harm which I hope is not the case. One of the most common responses from the public is focused on the "are you done comment" in the video by her dad, and he actually responded to one of those comments not very happily and I can't say I blame him. I didnt feel that he said are you done insincerely, I feel that he didnt want to interrupt her but most men dont know how to react when their wives/significant others are crying. Hes kinda on the spot, his wife is crying (rightfully so) and there is nothing he can do to make this better for her- he had to feel helpless... I feel that considering the circumstances he maintained composed. Women cry, men ... men are men.. they dont know how to react when they are sad.

I also think the 25 minute drive is of importance..thats a lot of time to think, and suicide/suicidal thoughts....people are usually either right in the heat of the moment or suffering from Major Depressive Disorder etc..where they would have been showing signs of depression for sometime which appears not to be the case.

I think if the phone was in the car- she ran. If at home - She didnt drive herself... If it really wasnt found, I would think suicide. My assumptions is if it was in the car she waited for the person to get there to delete or get rid of evidence of the conversation/number. Wonder if she ever had any applications on her phone like Sideline where you have another interface to send messages...change your number, basically do anything you want anonymously for free and when you delete the ap noose even knows to look for the messages there.

Overall I think the video took a lot of courage and got a massive response which should help in the case. Hope they start a go fund me page to really amp that reward up and maybe catch the attention of some of the shadier individuals..Also Maybe they should offer the money to Lindsey to bring herself home. Last idea... I think they could use an anonymous tip line on each one of their "have you seen Lindsey " fliers etc. In case there is shady stuff going on. People with information might be in the same danger Lindsey was in.

OK found it. Nothing new except I didn't know for sure she left a note indicating her departure was permanent, but supposedly they don't know the nature of that.....escape from life or suicide. Would sure be nice if they released what the note said. Might help.
No disrespect but if LP's friends andfamily who know her best couldn't decipher her meaning and neither could numerous professionals, what makes you think anyone here could help further with the exact note contents? Just curious....

No disrespect but if LP's friends andfamily who know her best couldn't decipher her meaning and neither could numerous professionals, what makes you think anyone here could help further with the exact note contents? Just curious....

I feel a need to respond to that, no disrespect intended here, either...

The family is obviously distraught and confused as to why LP left and they seem to be unclear on the meaning of LP's note(s). It also was revealed LP may have been in distress or under duress when she left, and likely was when she constructed her note(s).

Given that, it is reasonable to think the family as unable to 'decipher' LP's note(s) because LP's state of mind may have affected her to the point where she would not make sense to even her family and friends... as she was 'not herself' or was experiencing something no one in her family or circle of friends were privy to understand.

Even though "numerous professionals" schooled in the art and who no doubt may cite numerous notches on their collective belts were unable to determine the this-or-that, it is reasonable to think there may be others, "professional" or otherwise, who could have that one experience or insight that could further advance interpretation of evidence.

Is that likely? Who knows, but the possibility exists. Take for instance this real-world event: college-aged individuals were able to develop proteins that thwart antibiotic-resistant bacteria while for years "numerous professionals" in the field have been thwarted themselves in their efforts in developing such a solution: http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...teins-to-thwart-antibiotic-resistant-bacteria

What if those individuals had been shut out of the process? Would we still be waiting for professionals-schooled-in-the-art to hit on a solution perhaps years later and one not as effective?

Again, no disrespect intended. During my years (in various ventures unrelated to this topic but the concept applies) I have observed situations in which "experts" were stumped or unknowingly lacked ability and outright refused help or did not believe anyone else could do what they could not.

It pains me to believe cases (even if it's only one) may have gone unsolved or were broken beyond repair because one or more professionals were unknowingly short-sighted or were unable to think beyond text-book or didn't have that extra bit of experience that could have helped solved a riddle.

We know, or at least we expect for such instances to be very few and far between, but to dismiss the possibility someone other than family, friends or LE-involved-in-the-case could hit on something others have missed is, to be frank, short-sighted.

It makes full sense not to disclose content of a note(s) or release additional information if doing so could jeopardize an investigation or endanger those involved.

It does not make full sense (usual caveats aside) to believe only those individuals who have so far observed certain evidence are the only ones who could possibly solve the riddle. Why does it not make full sense? Because the riddle remains unsolved.

I feel a need to respond to that, no disrespect intended here, either...

The family is obviously distraught and confused as to why LP left and they seem to be unclear on the meaning of LP's note(s). It also was revealed LP may have been in distress or under duress when she left, and likely was when she constructed her note(s).

Given that, it is reasonable to think the family as unable to 'decipher' LP's note(s) because LP's state of mind may have affected her to the point where she would not make sense to even her family and friends... as she was 'not herself' or was experiencing something no one in her family or circle of friends were privy to understand.

Even though "numerous professionals" schooled in the art and who no doubt may cite numerous notches on their collective belts were unable to determine the this-or-that, it is reasonable to think there may be others, "professional" or otherwise, who could have that one experience or insight that could further advance interpretation of evidence.

Is that likely? Who knows, but the possibility exists. Take for instance this real-world event: college-aged individuals were able to develop proteins that thwart antibiotic-resistant bacteria while for years "numerous professionals" in the field have been thwarted themselves in their efforts in developing such a solution: http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...teins-to-thwart-antibiotic-resistant-bacteria

What if those individuals had been shut out of the process? Would we still be waiting for professionals-schooled-in-the-art to hit on a solution perhaps years later and one not as effective?

Again, no disrespect intended. During my years (in various ventures unrelated to this topic but the concept applies) I have observed situations in which "experts" were stumped or unknowingly lacked ability and outright refused help or did not believe anyone else could do what they could not.

It pains me to believe cases (even if it's only one) may have gone unsolved or were broken beyond repair because one or more professionals were unknowingly short-sighted or were unable to think beyond text-book or didn't have that extra bit of experience that could have helped solved a riddle.

We know, or at least we expect for such instances to be very few and far between, but to dismiss the possibility someone other than family, friends or LE-involved-in-the-case could hit on something others have missed is, to be frank, short-sighted.

It makes full sense not to disclose content of a note(s) or release additional information if doing so could jeopardize an investigation or endanger those involved.

It does not make full sense (usual caveats aside) to believe only those individuals who have so far observed certain evidence are the only ones who could possibly solve the riddle. Why does it not make full sense? Because the riddle remains unsolved.

If someone who does not know lindsey or understand her way of thinking interprets the note they may draw the wrong conclusions. In this case, it is very important to know the individual who has written the note. It is very vague, therefore does leave a lot to interpretation and open conclusions. This is not a scientific test or experiment where we may not be utilizing the right tools or performing the correct processes, this is a note from a young distressed girl. This case is very unique, with a lot of questions still floating around. It was a personal note left to friends and family. The public forming more rumors based on speculation from a vague note will certainly not help our main goal: to find Lindsey and bring her home safely. If the note had any indication as to where she may have gone, who she may be with, or if she was planning to commit suicide (hopefully not), that information would have been presented. If anything at all in that note would lead to her current location or direction of travel, it would have been released.

It is a personal note. Frankly, the public has no need or rite to see it. And if it were released it, it may cause Lindsey to stay away. If her family puts her personal letter, her possible last letter, online available to everyone it becomes a show not an attempt to find her.

If someone who does not know lindsey or understand her way of thinking interprets the note they may draw the wrong conclusions. In this case, it is very important to know the individual who has written the note. It is very vague, therefore does leave a lot to interpretation and open conclusions. This is not a scientific test or experiment where we may not be utilizing the right tools or performing the correct processes, this is a note from a young distressed girl. This case is very unique, with a lot of questions still floating around. It was a personal note left to friends and family. The public forming more rumors based on speculation from a vague note will certainly not help our main goal: to find Lindsey and bring her home safely. If the note had any indication as to where she may have gone, who she may be with, or if she was planning to commit suicide (hopefully not), that information would have been presented. If anything at all in that note would lead to her current location or direction of travel, it would have been released.

It is a personal note. Frankly, the public has no need or rite to see it. And if it were released it, it may cause Lindsey to stay away. If her family puts her personal letter, her possible last letter, online available to everyone it becomes a show not an attempt to find her.

I can respect that there is a fear that releasing the note may be embarrassing or something like that to Lindsey.

I hope that Lindsey contacts her family soon just to let them know if she's ok. As a mother, I can't imagine the torture of not knowing if my daughter was OK or not.

If I may add an additional note, one of the great assets of this website is that there are a number of professionals here who spend quite a bit of time reviewing cases and offering comments and suggestions. And I will also note from my years of searching, you can never assume you know even a fraction of the "backstory" or evidence in any case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back