Found Deceased PA - Lindsey Piccone, 21, Tyler State Park, 6 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also she might have left with some clothing, They said my twin left with nothing, and then I went to go grab my favorite shirt and was like um, girl took my favorite shirt and my North face sweater. How many girls honestly have a dresser and a closet FULL of clothes but can pick one to two pair of jeans they actually wear, and like ten shirts they actually like or less. Mom wouldn't know this as well as a , Twin/ girl Sibling would. Mom would likely see "tons" of clothes here...of every type and assume she didn't take any.

Who did she leave out of the note? Who didn't she want to talk to.
Where was brother this day? Did he possibly know something about her family/ her being in danger and went to go get her. My brother would hide me if needed and hes the one person in the world I know wouldn't tell anyone for anything or any amount of money- and as long as he know I was safe he wouldn't care how many people were looking for me.

It's a long shot but a possible scenario is that something caused her great emotional pain or distress, she wrote the note, headed to the park and in a state of emotional and physical vulnerability, she was taken by someone beyond her will. Without mentioning names, it wouldn't be the first case where a presumed runaway was kidnapped with no sign of a crime.

It's a long shot but a possible scenario is that something caused her great emotional pain or distress, she wrote the note, headed to the park and in a state of emotional and physical vulnerability, she was taken by someone beyond her will. Without mentioning names, it wouldn't be the first case where a presumed runaway was kidnapped with no sign of a crime.

How many of those runaways left a note and "other pieces of information available to law enforcement" that led LE to conclude they were "under some kind of distress or duress"?

It is possible, but how likely is it given the location, time of day, foot traffic, vehicle traffic, etc., and no one has come forward with info?

Stranger things, but I would lean toward the simplest possibilities relevant to current evidence: stress, spontaneous irrational action, "permanent goodbye"...

I'm still leaning toward preg.

How many of those runaways left a note and "other pieces of information available to law enforcement" that led LE to conclude they were "under some kind of distress or duress"?

It is possible, but how likely is it given the location, time of day, foot traffic, vehicle traffic, etc., and no one has come forward with info?

Stranger things, but I would lean toward the simplest possibilities relevant to current evidence: stress, spontaneous irrational action, "permanent goodbye"...

I've just never in my lifetime heard of someone committing suicide because of pregnancy.

I've just never in my lifetime heard of someone committing suicide because of pregnancy.

Same here. There are options when one is in that situation. Those that can't face a certain one of those options would be, IMO, unlikey to choose suicide for themselves. There seems to be a contradiction there that I can't reconcile and there are no facts to support this line of speculation.
It also seems that she has a very strong support system of friends and family that would help her through such a crisis.

Same here. There are options when one is in that situation. Those that can't face a certain one of those options would be, IMO, unlikey to choose suicide for themselves. There seems to be a contradiction there that I can't reconcile and there are no facts to support this line of speculation.
It also seems that she has a very strong support system of friends and family that would help her through such a crisis.

Exactly which is why I don't think Suicide. She had tons of coping resources but we clearly don't know her pain. According to Suicide:Read This First

"Suicide is not chosen; it happens
when pain exceeds
resources for coping with pain."

http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/

Great website for those trying to understand the mentality of someone suicidal.
Another great website and author for those trying to understand suicide /statistics is the following http://suicide.org/
Heres the break down on how many people commit suicide and how they do it based on gender/ ethnicity/ et al , again it supports that she likely didn't commit suicide. http://suicide.org/suicide-statistics.html
Suicide is NEVER the answer,
getting help is the answer.
If you are suicidal, have attempted suicide,
or are a suicide survivor,
you will find help, hope, comfort, understanding,
support, love, and extensive resources here.

I Love You.And I will never stop fighting for you, Kevin Caruso
Suicide.org

When you do the math based on the statistics, could she have committed Suicide, yeah- Likely No.

Exactly which is why I don't think Suicide. She had tons of coping resources but we clearly don't know her pain. According to Suicide:Read This First

"Suicide is not chosen; it happens
when pain exceeds
resources for coping with pain."

http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/

Great website for those trying to understand the mentality of someone suicidal.
Another great website and author for those trying to understand suicide /statistics is the following http://suicide.org/

Suicide is NEVER the answer,
getting help is the answer.
If you are suicidal, have attempted suicide,
or are a suicide survivor,
you will find help, hope, comfort, understanding,
support, love, and extensive resources here.

I Love You.And I will never stop fighting for you, Kevin Caruso
Suicide.org

When you do the math based on the statistics, could she have committed Suicide, yeah- Likely No.

This is a very simplistic way of looking at suicide and could make the families of suicide victims feel responsible. I can think of three suicides of young teen boys (just off the top of my head) who had all of the family support in the world if they'd asked for it or indicated any kind of thoughts of harming themselves.

I think it might be more accurate to say "perceived" resources.....their brains clearly weren't working properly to recognize the resources WERE there for the taking.

And also, as someone who has dealt with severe (episodal) depression and seriously considered suicide, I would say that even the perceived lack of resources isn't always a reason. I was hurting so badly I just wanted it to stop, even though I knew I had a zillion resources at my disposal.

This is a very simplistic way of looking at suicide and could make the families of suicide victims feel responsible. I can think of three suicides of young teen boys (just off the top of my head) who had all of the family support in the world if they'd asked for it or indicated any kind of thoughts of harming themselves.

I think it might be more accurate to say "perceived" resources.....their brains clearly weren't working properly to recognize the resources WERE there for the taking.

And also, as someone who has dealt with severe (episodal) depression and seriously considered suicide, I would say that even the perceived lack of resources isn't always a reason. I was hurting so badly I just wanted it to stop, even though I knew I had a zillion resources at my disposal.

True True, thanks for admitting that. Stronger than me for doing so. I can just say I know for 100 percent sure, that I would take my cell phone with me to say goodbyes.. and that everytime I hear the song "heathens" by suicide squad I think of the all the great people who get put in mental hospitals for failing at suicide each year without their consent. If your unconscious your consented.This is why I be staying medicated, not tryna go there... Maybe if she were on an anti depressant and suddenly stopped taking it, she could end up suicidal too, and because shes 18 no one would have to know about that. Still statistics don't lean that way, meaning its possible just not my first option.

I don't think she had an Amish like existence based off the few days her Fbook was up. She had happy beach pictures, in normal young girl beach clothing which Amish don't post, and in some of her pictures with her friends she has like going out clothing on (cute black dress, with expensive looking adorable high platform shoes)..etc. Not trying to simplify the details, just saying it appeared she was a normal 21 year old in those pictures.

If you go to suicide.org, the front page Kevin Caruso writes a letter to the suicidal explaining that there is a large large chance the brain is not functioning properly and that its not a defect in the person.

I'm not yet leaning toward this being a suicide situation.

Same here, ChuckMaureen.

I am not sold on the suicide idea - not yet, anyway - but I do believe an unplanned pregnancy can push someone with a fragile psyche off the edge, so to speak. Especially if the pregnancy is something that cannot be shared publicly, for some reason or the other. An example of such an instance: If Lindsey were involved with a married man, or someone already in a relationship. I could see this type of scenario as being one in which a girl might feel frightened or threatened should the "secret" be revealed, leading to a fight or flight response. In this particular situation, we would be looking at "flight"/running away/escaping.

That is 100% true and an excellent point. Ive had more experience with this subject than I care to admit. When a person is hopeless and desperate to the point of considering suicide, the best professional and family/friend support systems can almost seem irrelevant or at least of no real consequence. Hopeless means just that and if this turns out badly, her loved ones need to know there was nothing they could do.

Yeah, but she'd bring her shoes, accessories and other stuff. i think we can speculate about vague bad guys committing crimes but not sure there should be any more speculation about LP's personal life without some basis for it. Respect must be shown for her family and friends.

Yeah, but she'd bring her shoes, accessories and other stuff. i think we can speculate about vague bad guys committing crimes but not sure there should be any more speculation about LP's personal life without some basis for it. Respect must be shown for her family and friends.

Assuming someone is helping LP in her possible new venture we also could assume that someone has supplied LP with "shoes, accessories and other stuff".

It is not disrespectful, as it remains a distinct possibility. To quote Bensalem PD: "ANYTHING is possible".

I'm attempting to lean toward a positive outcome, and preg/nine months reappear is one of those positive outcomes.

The alternative is too final... no need for that unless additional evidence or discovery forces that conclusion.

This scenario runs through my head quite often. It would explain why it caught everyone off guard, no one knowing what happened, and the lack of trail of where she went. But this is just one of many possibilities. Again, anything is possible especially in the digital age.

To offer my opinion about her being pregnant, I can say it doesn't seem right. She would have more resources at home to handle a pregnancy than running away. Also she was consuming alcohol in the days prior to her disappearance, IF she was pregnant I highly doubt that she would endanger its development in such a way.

A common theme that seems to be on this thread is the lack of understanding or acceptance from her family and friends. Understandable to any outsider, but as a close friend I know this is not the case for her. Pregnancy would not have been seen as a scandal or something she would have to hide.

bbm

This scenario runs through my head quite often. It would explain why it caught everyone off guard, no one knowing what happened, and the lack of trail of where she went. But this is just one of many possibilities. Again, anything is possible especially in the digital age.

To offer my opinion about her being pregnant, I can say it doesn't seem right. She would have more resources at home to handle a pregnancy than running away. Also she was consuming alcohol in the days prior to her disappearance, IF she was pregnant I highly doubt that she would endanger its development in such a way.

A common theme that seems to be on this thread is the lack of understanding or acceptance from her family and friends. Understandable to any outsider, but as a close friend I know this is not the case for her. Pregnancy would not have been seen as a scandal or something she would have to hide.

Thanks, @Kb, good to know. Now that is one possibility that may be placed on a back-burner.

What are next top-tier possibilities?

Mental Break = MB.
Suicide = SUI.
Start Anew = SA.
Crime-Of-Opportunity = COO.
Stalker-Abduction = STLKA.

What is the most-significant evidence available?

* Note(s) from LP indicating "permanent goodbye."
* LP did not take personal items, including phone and ID.
* LP's vehicle discovered in the park.

We do not know:

* If family member(s) saw or interacted with LP *at the family house* Tuesday September 6, 2016 before she left.
* What did LP witness / experience at the family house that morning / afternoon?

Private details, no one's business? I believe the answers are significant.

Such a seemingly 'irrational' and 'spontaneous' action by LP had to be triggered by something, and rolling backward is a good method to eliminate possibilities.

Begin with LP's most recent experiences and work backwards...

@ Chuck..
not saying I don't believe you or think your wrong but can you explain COO? More of what that would mean in any runaway situation not implying its her.
Not sold on suicide idea either.

@ Chuck..
not saying I don't believe you or think your wrong but can you explain COO? More of what that would mean in any runaway situation not implying its her.
Not sold on suicide idea either.

Crime of opportunity - where LP is walking through the park and someone abducts her because of opportunity, i.e., spur-of-the-moment foul play.

Stalker - Abductor - where someone has been stalking LP for some time and followed her to the park.

I am not considering either as likely, only that they are possibilities no matter how remote.

LP left of her own volition.

If preg is not likely, then:

IMO, LP's ultimate destination was planned, she just happened to go through the park as the first leg of her journey, feeling she might not walk that park again or at least not for a long while. I also believe when LP was to decide to leave is what was up in the air. That Tuesday happened to be the day... because some event (probably not unique) was the straw that broke the camel's back.

What was LP's second-favorite location?

Core Creek Park?
Down the shore? (that's "beach" for you non-Philly folks)

Would a suicide destination be different than a start-anew or a get-away-from-something/one destination? I believe so.

Who would assist LP in a relocation effort? Close friends? Any of them also go "missing"? On "vacation"?

What about *new* friend(s)? Social media? What was deleted?

What about *old* friends?

Who is IM? I will not clarify beyond initials. Questioned by LE? If not, why not? Just curious.

Remember: all things on the table, with one or more possibilities move to back burners...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back