PA - Mass shooting at LA Fitness near Pittsburgh, 4 dead, 4 August 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pregnant instructor, was possibly her last night. She was wounded. No word on her condition.

I think they said she was ok, with wounds to her arm and back.

at 2 minutes 18 seconds on the tape he refers says "since joining The List". He also blogs about the List. Anyone know what The List is?

This is weird...this guy has put comments in several of the source code on his webpages. On the "Is George Crazy" page, the last question that he refers to a woman (PQ), in the source code, he's written, "She is nice intermittently".

I am wondering if he was communicating with someone else this way, or perhaps thought he was? hmmmm...

he sure was interested in sex laws and legal sex age in states...........
black & white couples, religion and massacres according to the above computer history!
mind disorders.......so he knew something was wrong with him........self diagnosis?
and Russian women........searching that........he was desparate.......and no one saw this?
No one ever got him help? What a very troubled lonely man!

he seemed pretty racist, bitter towards black men for "stealing" white women.

The original link to his blog is working again. Dude totally gives me the heebies.

Off Topic:

My Husband had the news on last night (either NG or JVM I wasn't listening) and my middle daughter (age 14) and my younger son (age 15) walked into the room as this man and his crimes were being discussed.

My children said to me~ Mom, that guy wasn't all that bad looking, if he couldn't get a date it might have been because he was an A@@hole?

Yes, we are working on the language thing. But out of the mouths of babes huh? Just wanted to share.

Off Topic:

My Husband had the news on last night (either NG or JVM I wasn't listening) and my middle daughter (age 14) and my younger son (age 15) walked into the room as this man and his crimes were being discussed.

My children said to me~ Mom, that guy wasn't all that bad looking, if he couldn't get a date it might have been because he was an A@@hole?

Yes, we are working on the language thing. But out of the mouths of babes huh? Just wanted to share.

Kat, I have to admit that when I first saw this guy, I thought the same thing! Only I'm not a child, I'm about the same age as him. I think it just goes to show, once again, a monster doesn't always look like a monster. Possibly an educational tool for your children?

BTW Good luck with the language thing, mine are 18 and 21. We went through this when they were younger. The only thing that worked for me was that they never got a pass, they eventually learned.

Off Topic:

I gotta tell ya it really :censored:ing pisses me off to :censored:ing hell when people swear. Freaking A-holes!!

Hey all. Every day lurker here. Just thought I would add my thoughts. I grew up and live 15 min from that gym. My best friend usually goes to THAT class, but decided to skip Tuesday night. Don't know what I would have done if she had been there. My husband's cousin, who I have known since I was in high school and she was 6, was shot pretty bad in the leg. Still in hospital today. Only 22.
This is a close community. Seems like everybody knows everbody or you don't even get to the 6th degree of separation, maybe 2nd. It's just devastating. How that could have done this is beyond me. If he was so unhappy, then he should have ended his own life and not the lives of 3 beautiful women. Not to mention the 20+ girls lives he devastated and they will live with this nightmare forever.
May God hold them all in the palm of His hand.

Hey all. Every day lurker here. Just thought I would add my thoughts. I grew up and live 15 min from that gym. My best friend usually goes to THAT class, but decided to skip Tuesday night. Don't know what I would have done if she had been there. My husband's cousin, who I have known since I was in high school and she was 6, was shot pretty bad in the leg. Still in hospital today. Only 22.
This is a close community. Seems like everybody knows everbody or you don't even get to the 6th degree of separation, maybe 2nd. It's just devastating. How that could have done this is beyond me. If he was so unhappy, then he should have ended his own life and not the lives of 3 beautiful women. Not to mention the 20+ girls lives he devastated and they will live with this nightmare forever.

So glad to hear your BF wasn't there that night and truly hope your husband's cousin will be ok. Happy to have you here!

That guy is a total . The only way he can get attention and have people read his stupid blog is to murder defenseless woman in an exercise class. He is not worth the time of day. If he was a real man he might have taken care of his baby he supposedly "fathered".

Stuff like that is freaky. Eddie George's mother was supposed to be a flight attendant on flight 800 but he insisted she be there with him during the NFL draft and so she switched with another flight attendant.

Seth McFarlane (Family Guy creator) was supposed to be on one of the planes that crashed into the WTC but his agent had given him the wrong take off time and he just missed the flight.

Somebody I know casually said their sister was supposed to be aboard the plane that crashed in Buffalo but for some reason missed the flight.

I can't think of any others off the top of my head but it makes you wonder.

I tell my 18yr old daughter all the time: you don't have to take any crap from men... ever, but treat them decently and be respectful when you decline their advances... you never know who is a freak, what the will do and how they will respond to the rejection.

I posted a video of GS attending a dating seminar earlier in this thread. By the next morning, it was removed from R. Don Steele's YouTube channel. Here's an article
with excerpts from the video:

"Nice Guy Must Die" -- Video of George Sodini Getting Dating Advice
By Tony Ortega in Featured, Follow-up Friday, Aug. 7 2009 @ 10:06AM

"Steele's book is prominently displayed on Sodini's coffee table in a video tour of his house that Sodini left on the web. But we also noted that in a video of a Steele seminar, Sodini is clearly visible."
"Soon after we wrote that, Steele took down the video, which had been on his YouTube channel, "Steelballs." (He calls the company that prints his books Steel Balls Press.)"

Video and more here:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2009/08/nice_guy_must_d.php

Does anyone know if this could a profile of his?

http://isitnormal.com/people/Solimorphic/

Yes, that's Sodini's profile. Posters ask others if a particular situation is normal and get feedback and advice from others. "Solimorphic" gives advice and has multiple accounts where he portrays himself as male or female. As poster "Solimorphic" he's very confident in himself and has all the answers because of his years of experience with the opposite sex. His other identities exhibit the traits alleged in GS. It's interesting to read these in hindsight. It's not often that there's information available that offers insight into the mind of a mass murderer who commits suicide.

Just a few of many responses from "Solimorphic", all as recent as April '09 and later. The questions he responded to are paraphrased.

A 20 year old asks if it's normal that he doesn't date and feels like a "loser" 24/7.
At 20, there are girls EVERYWHERE!! Not normal at that age. At 19, I got a summer job at a busy Wendy's at night and Arthur Treachers during the day. Got shotload of dates. Went to pot parties, had overnight *advertiser censored**ks, you name it. You have to go where they are. It's that simple. Now I still do volunteer work, etc. The man he wishes he was.

Why do women "check out" other women?
The opposite is true, too. When I see a hot chick with a dude, I check him out and ask myself "What does he have to get/keep her?". I usually see a confident demeanor, a take-no- attitude and he leads her. Even if he's 5' 4". A question that probably plagued him daily. If only he could be that man.

Should I tell my girlfriend that I love her?
When you tell her you love her you give her all the power over your emotional state. If she doesn't at least have strong feelings, she can manipulate and turn you into a wreck. Sorry for the cynicism but after years of this stuff I am more keen to see the downside. Be careful here.

Is it normal that I stay with my abusive husband instead of divorcing him?
If you divorce him he will marry another and abuse her. Kill him!

Is it normal for a 14 year old to practice kissing on her own hand?
I know a guy in his late twenties who told me privately that he felt awkward being with/close to women. He got over this by practicing kissing pictures of women in magazines! Hell, whatever works! I can picture him doing this with the Cosmopolitan magazine that he tells another poster he reads regularly. (Not him of course. A friend of his.)

A teenager is fearful of approaching a really "hot chick" who sits next to him in class. He's afraid she'll reject him. GS biggest fear.
Sounds like you don't have much experience with the hotties, so she will likely SENSE that and say "no". Practice dating and handling the "regulars" then work your way UP the beauty scale. It's called "practice"! I lernt that after years of doing what you're doing. Nobody goes from Kindergarten to Yale without a lot of in between! My $.02 R. Don Steele principles?

I don't know if I'm happy or sad in life. Is this normal?
Normal? Probably not. Common? Definitely. As more years go by people stuff the emotional hurt of failed relationships, bad job bosses, broken marriage, etc. so deep inside they become unable to feel anything, and don't know what they are even feeling. By age 35 most people are so rigid and tense to laugh or cry. Not kidding! You can sense something is wrong with these people but just can't put your finger on what it is. They usually drive people away and have few friends. Emotions seem to be a package deal. By stuffing ONE, sadness for example, it is difficult to laugh or show anger appropriately. Just my 0.02 GS was intimately aware of this phenomenon in his life.

Using alternate identities:
In this post, he has posed as a 32 year old woman who's a virgin and wonders if she should just throw caution to the wind and give up her virginity. This post is "her" response to a 40 year old man who wants to die because he's never had sex or a girlfriend in his life. (both posters are Sodini, he's answering himself and getting feedback from others)

Yes I was probably talking about you :) Well I googled "avoidant personality disorder" Yep thats me but so are a hundred other disorders and issues LOL. They have a name for everything it seems, and I don't care to label myself. His google search history shows he did research this disorder.
Don't get me wrong I believe life is a spiritual journey and I have actually been on a path of self discovery for the past couple years with a psychologist, however I haven't told her about my recent feelings yet.
Anyway we all have issues, I think you might be surprised that there really probably is no such thing as normal. I have shame issues that stem from narcisitic parents and over the years developed some OCD issues, self esteem problems and social anxiety ect.... I now choose not to be a victim of my past but an instigator for my future! I am now %100 responsible for the future I create for myself and so are you! I'm still going to struggle but I'm takeing small steps.
We need to be humble and reach out for help when we need it, people are there just reach out seriously if you take one step toward change things will come your way, if you believe in God, the Universe whatever. He will meet you halfway, you just need to take that first step! I'm learning this in my own life, it's not too late to start liveing I think, the key is don't wait if you an idea a passion a dream, get on the phone do it now!
I don't think you have to die without haveing sex, you are young! For me fear always holds me back (which I'm working on) but for you what is it? Not everyone is beautiful you know. I think you can find a lover no matter what you look like, I would say get out there take a risk, join a club, a gym, a hikeing group just to get out with people we need to get out of our heads, join life issues and all! Fat or skinny, beautiful or not! We all belong here, we all have worth we just need to keep telling ourselves that ok. Take care and I really hope you reach out! He's trying desparately to convince himself of all of this.

The last one is probably most representative of the true GS. It's interesting that the poster "she" is responding to is a 40 something, male virgin who has given up and doesn't want to live any longer. "She" is also a virgin, about a decade younger but has the knowledge of what she must do to bring about a change and is working on it.

Ironic that the last sentence is "Take care and I hope you reach out!"
Remember, these are both GS. It seems that the part of him that could identify the problem and what must be done was desparately hoping that knowledge would take hold and prevent him from following through with his evil plan, set to unfold at any time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila
Back