PA PA - Melissa Rodriguez, 30, Collingdale, 19 April 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm thinking the husband will be arrested in relatively short order.

I'm thinking the husband will be arrested in relatively short order.

I agree. I'm just concerned that she won't be found due to the number of days since last contact & reporting her missing.

I agree. I'm just concerned that she won't be found due to the number of days since last contact & reporting her missing.

my thoughts too. he had plenty of time to drive far away. however, if he had the girls that weekend, i would think they could say if he was gone for any certain amount of time... unless something happened when they were at school friday? im thinking thats the most likely scenario.

Could another friend/acquaintance/co-worker have driven her to the train station (or planned to drive her at least)? I can see not wanting to leave your car at the station if it's not necessary (especially if they're like airport lots and you have to pay per day)

looking at where the house is (google maps) I hope LE is looking around the cemeteries

im really interested to see what the deal is with the cell phone call she made to him when she said she was going to Newark. Did it really happen? Where did each of their cells ping from? What time was the call & what time do the girls get out of school? Was husband at work? What are his hours?

Another thing I would like to know is was she planning on taken her children with her?

From above article:

"Leaving without her kids that never will happen because she is too attached to her kids, why would she go and her kids aren't there?," said Pauline Rodriguez, Melissa friend.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Missing-Mother-Search-204836071.html

It's not worded very well, but I wish the friends she was supposed to be visiting would answer if the kids were visiting also.

In another article (can't find right now) it was stated the husband had recently moved back in after being separated.

Makes me think of Katrina Smith and Jennifer Ramsaran. :-(

so wait a sec... when the friends did not hear from her at 3pm on Friday, after she arranges the day prior to stay with them, they don't call anyone?

Of course, perhaps they did and it has not be reflected in any of the articles, though it does seem they were queried.

Another thing I would like to know is was she planning on taken her children with her?

From above article:

"Leaving without her kids that never will happen because she is too attached to her kids, why would she go and her kids aren't there?," said Pauline Rodriguez, Melissa friend.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Missing-Mother-Search-204836071.html

It's not worded very well, but I wish the friends she was supposed to be visiting would answer if the kids were visiting also.

In another article (can't find right now) it was stated the husband had recently moved back in after being separated.

I read that as referring to disappearing ("running away") rather than the weekend trip to Newark.

I read that as referring to disappearing ("running away") rather than the weekend trip to Newark.

That makes sense, funny how things can be interpreted by different people and then make an assumption. I'm guilty as charged on that one.

I still would like to know if she was planning to take her children with her for the weekend or was she trusting the recently estranged husband to watch over them while she went away for the weekend?

It is possible she just needed to get away and did just that, but I am jaded in these types of cases with so many ending up dead at the hands of the spouse.

Imo

Coldpizza, I'm just as jaded as you, and it would be interesting to know if she intended to take the kids on the trip or if she was just wanting to get away for the weekend (we all have weekends like that, I'm sure.)

That makes sense, funny how things can be interpreted by different people and then make an assumption. I'm guilty as charged on that one.

I still would like to know if she was planning to take her children with her for the weekend or was she trusting the recently estranged husband to watch over them while she went away for the weekend?

It is possible she just needed to get away and did just that, but I am jaded in these types of cases with so many ending up dead at the hands of the spouse.

Imo

from what the husband says, she was supposed to pick the girls up from school... so im wondering if the plan was for her to come back sometime during the day monday (before the girls got out of school)? so maybe she wasn't going to take them with her.

wait -- scratch that.. she was supposed to start a new job on Monday. well... i guess she could have had later hours..

i wonder what melissa's reason for going to Newark was... did she tell this to any friends? was it just for a fun girls weekend? or was there some tension in the house that she wanted a break from? i hope she confided in them if something was wrong. maybe an argument over her going to Newark broke out?

i also wonder what the husbands text was to her on monday. did he ask her if she was ok? did he ask her how her first day on her new job was going?

i really REALLY wish we had more details! every report im reading is the same thing, just re-worded. i hope LE is making some progress on this.

It is odd IMO that the video with the husband has been removed...

I saw just a snippet of him on the updated, 4-25-13, video of friends...

JMO

I was just thinking...

Melissa's actions towards getting a new job could be perceived that she was beginning to take control of her own life and/or becoming more independent...

this could seem like a threat to significant others...

JMO

It is odd IMO that the video with the husband has been removed...

I saw just a snippet of him on the updated, 4-25-13, video of friends...

JMO

clue i had the same problem... i looked around and found it on their website in their video section.

oops.. just removed link.. when i clicked on it it took me to an error message. let me see if i can find it again anywhere. what a pain! can't they just leave these things up???

here, try this: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/video/#!/news/local/Raw-Intv--Missing-Mom-s-Husband/204902751

clue i had the same problem... i looked around and found it on their website in their video section.

oops.. just removed link.. when i clicked on it it took me to an error message. let me see if i can find it again anywhere. what a pain! can't they just leave these things up???

here, try this: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/video/#!/news/local/Raw-Intv--Missing-Mom-s-Husband/204902751

Thanks, Mamacita!

this link worked....

a couple of observations/questions...

Jose mentioned Melissa packed a pink suitcase...

I wonder where Melissa's new job is located.... Jose mentions she was planning to move back to Jersey since he and she were separating and they were selling the house....

was the job close enough to where Melissa lives now and to where she would live in Jersey?

:waitasec:

Mom Goes Missing After Leaving to Visit Friends

Police in two states are searching for a woman who went missing after she left to visit her friends.

"I ended up taking the kids to school on Monday," said Rodriguez, who also admitted he and his wife are in the process of separating. "She was going to pick them up and she didn't pick them up

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...After-Leaving-to-Visit-Friends-204585321.html

"Friends of Missing Mother: She Would Never Leave Her Kids"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02
Back