GUILTY PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SEP 5, 2019
https://knnp.tv/2019/09/05/abducted-toddler-death-expected-to-ruled-homicide-by-one-person/
In a heartbreaking tragedy, the Allegheny County District Attorney’s office strongly believes the nearly 2-year-old, Nalani Johnsson, was killed before her lifeless body was strapped in a car set, and thrown against a tree in a rural Blairsville park.

According to official reports, Allegheny County DA Stephen Zappala stated that the evidence displayed in this heinous crime shows only one person was involved in the death of Nalani Johnson.

[...]

SEP 5, 2019
NALANI JOHNSON: DA: Woman who abducted toddler was only person involved in her death, evidence shows
[...]

No one has been charged in Nalani's death.

Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen Zappala said Thursday afternoon evidence reveals the woman who abducted Nalani was the only person involved in the toddler's death.

Zappala said Nalani was found dead while she was still buckled in a car seat, but she was killed before being dropped off in a remote wooded area.

[...]
Buckled in her car seat - and I read upthread no signs of trauma? So was she suffocated? I don't get how there can be no signs of trama??? JMO

Buckled in her car seat - and I read upthread no signs of trauma? So was she suffocated? I don't get how there can be no signs of trama??? JMO
No signs of trauma rules out blunt-force injuries, sharp-force injuries, bullet wound, etc.

There are many possibilities for her COD and suffocation is certainly one of them. If the ME found fibers in her lungs, that may be what they are testing but we'll have to wait to find out. MOO

Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen Zappala says evidence in the kidnapping and death of Nalani Johnson shows her abductor was the only person involved in her death, according to NBC affiliate WPXI.

Johnson's body was found in a wooded area in a Blairsville park Tuesday evening. Authorities told several media outlets that the girl was found sill buckled in a car seat and suspect she was killed before being dropped off in Ridge Pine Park.
DA: Woman charged in toddler's kidnapping was the only person involved in child's death

Could be suffocation, or an overdose of some medication.

Hoping and praying, along with the rest of you, that her death was quick and painless.

And, donuts to go along with the coffee. Comfort food, if you wish to call it so.

donutsWithCoolFrosting.jpg

John Shumway on Twitter
Allegheny County DA Stephen Zappala Jr believes Sharena Nancy acted alone in the death of toddler Nalani Johnson. Homicide charge will come when autopsy results are complete. The DA says Nalani was found still strapped in her car seat in an upright position. More @KDKA 5 & 6.
1:21 PM - 5 Sep 2019

So does dad now get treated like a victim or nah? Or are we keeping that same energy?

Officials involved in the investigation met Wednesday afternoon to discuss the details of the case and how to proceed moving forward.

According to Zappala's office, all charges resulting from Nalani's death will be prosecuted in Allegheny County, with Indiana County District Attorney Patrick Dougherty "having a significant partnership role in the prosecution."
NALANI JOHNSON: Death of child who was reported kidnapped ruled a homicide

While the manner of death has not been determined by Indiana County Coroner Jerry Overman, pending all the results, both District Attorney’s agree that this will likely continue as a homicide investigation.
Both DAs expect likely homicide charges pending Nalani Johnson’s autopsy results

Last edited:
So does dad now get treated like a victim or nah? Or are we keeping that same energy?
If you are talking to me then look back threw the thread at what I said I said I did not believe dad was a suspect in his daughters murder the comments I made about her father were about previous domestic violence and him apparently saying he tried to kill his daughter I will not retract anything I have said if the court documents are correct he’s a disgrace. Regardless of that my heart goes out to all of Nalanis family mother and father included as a parent myself I can not imagine the pain they must be feeling right now and nobody deserves to lose a child. I never once said Nalanis father had killed her however what was put out in the media about him is indefensible if it is true.

Details of the Incident: I know everyone would like to know the cause of death and manner of death immediately but because of the sensitive and circumstances of the case I want all the facts in hand before listing the cause of death and ruling on the manner of death. Unfortunately autopsies and toxicology results take time to complete, approximately six weeks or more, which is frustration for us all.

Once the autopsy and toxicology reports are completed and received at the Indiana County Coroner's Office the reports will be reviewed and determined if the results of the autopsy and toxicology can be released depending the investigation status of the Allegheny County Police.

No reports of the cause of death or manner of death has been released by the Indiana County Coroner at this time, again due to not having the results.

I heard of several different causes of death over the past couple of days which none of the causes of death have been confirmed or released by Coroner Jerry Overman or will be confirmed or released until all testing and reports are received at the Indiana County Coroner's Office.

Thank you for understanding and have a great day.

UPDATE: Coroner releases statement on Nalani Johnson, retracts homicide, other causes

Details of the Incident: I know everyone would like to know the cause of death and manner of death immediately but because of the sensitive and circumstances of the case I want all the facts in hand before listing the cause of death and ruling on the manner of death. Unfortunately autopsies and toxicology results take time to complete, approximately six weeks or more, which is frustration for us all.

Once the autopsy and toxicology reports are completed and received at the Indiana County Coroner's Office the reports will be reviewed and determined if the results of the autopsy and toxicology can be released depending the investigation status of the Allegheny County Police.

No reports of the cause of death or manner of death has been released by the Indiana County Coroner at this time, again due to not having the results.

I heard of several different causes of death over the past couple of days which none of the causes of death have been confirmed or released by Coroner Jerry Overman or will be confirmed or released until all testing and reports are received at the Indiana County Coroner's Office.

UPDATE: Coroner releases statement on Nalani Johnson, retracts homicide, other causes
Talk about back stepping.:eek:

I know people have said that the Maleah Davis case was completely different to this case but is it though? The partner of one of the children’s parents has killed there child ... there were people in court screaming at Maleah Davis mother to go to hell and calling her a baby killer but we’re all full of excuses for this guy there might not have been any red flags ... mother was probably lying about him to gain a protective order as revenge Dad might have accidentally nearly killed her. seriously? I think before we call him a victim let’s wait and see the police will check nursery and stuff like that and find out if she was being well looked after or not and wether the parents did everything they could to keep her safe and then once he’s cleared I will call him a victim we don’t have enough details on this case to be able to form a correct picture that’s why I say it’s my opinion it isn’t fact because we just don’t know what life was like for that little girl at the moment or wether this could have been prevented

How does a fun filled happy day at Kennywood ,an amusement park for especially for kids turn into such a sad affair.How did her happy day end so tragically.:(

Don't people spend more then just a few hours when they go to places like Kennywood?Wonder why it was cut short?

Last edited:

why does the document say this?:

Date and Time of Death:

09/03/2019 at 16:12

why does the document say this?:

Date and Time of Death:

09/03/2019 at 16:12
I think it's the date Nalani's body was found. In other cases we've seen where the ME lists the date of death as the date the deceased victim was found, probably because rarely is it possible to determine the exact time.

Given the latest news IMO a lot of the earlier statements may no longer hold. For example, "authorities" said there were no signs of trauma and they suspect she was already dead when placed in the park. IOW, it's conjecture on their part and we won't know anything for certain until the final reports are released.

That doesn't mean I'm discounting everything said so far, just that it's possible that the circumstances may change as the investigation progresses. All MOO.

NALANI JOHNSON: Death of child who was reported kidnapped believed to be homicide

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbieP
Back