Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, going on an 'outing' with an almost 2 year old is not a simple affair.
Who had the bag with extra pull-ups/diapers, baby wipes, sippy cup, juice, water, goldfish/cheerios, blankie and collapsible stroller?
Did Dad have these items with him in the front seat? Were they in back or in the trunk?

Also, the paternal grandmother was on vacation in California when all this transpired.
I have a feeling that she was the 'go to' babysitter when Nalani came to visit.
If so, being solely responsible for a ~2 year old for several days can be kind of stressful and feel restrictive.
JMO.

So, the bottom line here is that nothing originally reported in this case has proven to be true, at least as far as the public knows.

I think the only things we can say we know as facts are that the father lied (saying he didn’t have any type of relationship with SN), and that Nalani is deceased and discovered (likely hidden) in a park.

We know of no evidence that proves Nalani was in the car at any point (although I suspect she was, just not when they are saying). We have no evidence that SN drove away, kidnapping Nalani. There appears to be no evidence of Nalani being “delivered” to a buyer. (“We” meaning the general public.)

Here is what a possible scenario:

Father killed Nalani. SN and friend either witnessed it or he confided in them.

They took Nalani’s body to the park.

They then went to the area where they were supposedly being dropped off, and SN left the two men there and drove away.

Father called the police and reported a kidnapping.

SN drives around aimlessly waiting to be apprehended.

(Here’s where I think things went sideways with their plan: she realized she was in big trouble if they can prove the baby was in her car, so she changes the game and says the father was selling the baby.)

I think the original plan is that he was going to say she kidnapped the baby, but she would of course deny that she had the baby, making sure she was seen on camera so there would be proof of no baby in the car...meanwhile, he is there with his friend who says the baby was with SN, so father blames her, she blames him, and they thought there would not be be enough evidence to arrest/charge either of them, and LE wouldn’t be able to prove who actually had the baby last. This all depended on three of them sticking to the same story and her body not being found.

I think LE provided enough proof to SN of her whereabouts that day that she gave in but then put the blame on the father, thinking she’d get off easier if she was just someone who drove the baby from Point A to Point B.

Maybe that’s a ridiculous possibility. But that’s where my brain went. The short version is that I think they both knew Nalani was dead and agrees to cover for each other so neither one would get in trouble.

I don’t believe even for one second that she is in this alone.
I'm not even sure when she was last seen alive based on the MSM articles I have read... JMO

So, the bottom line here is that nothing originally reported in this case has proven to be true, at least as far as the public knows.

I think the only things we can say we know as facts are that the father lied (saying he didn’t have any type of relationship with SN), and that Nalani is deceased and discovered (likely hidden) in a park.

We know of no evidence that proves Nalani was in the car at any point (although I suspect she was, just not when they are saying). We have no evidence that SN drove away, kidnapping Nalani. There appears to be no evidence of Nalani being “delivered” to a buyer. (“We” meaning the general public.)

They then went to the area where they were supposedly being dropped off, and SN left the two men there and drove away.

(Here’s where I think things went sideways with their plan: she realized she was in big trouble if they can prove the baby was in her car, so she changes the game and says the father was selling the baby.)

I think the original plan is that he was going to say she kidnapped the baby, but she would of course deny that she had the baby, making sure she was seen on camera so there would be proof of no baby in the car...meanwhile, he is there with his friend who says the baby was with SN, so father blames her, she blames him, and they thought there would not be be enough evidence to arrest/charge either of them, and LE wouldn’t be able to prove who actually had the baby last. This all depended on three of them sticking to the same story and her body not being found.

I think LE provided enough proof to SN of her whereabouts that day that she gave in but then put the blame on the father, thinking she’d get off easier if she was just someone who drove the baby from Point A to Point B.

Maybe that’s a ridiculous possibility. But that’s where my brain went. The short version is that I think they both knew Nalani was dead and agrees to cover for each other so neither one would get in trouble.

I've missed the "evidence" on this bolded bit. Can you please link me to where he lied?

All I've seen is his mother stating to the media they didn't know each other. Obviously, his mom didn't know they knew each other when she talked to the media and, even if he were right there beside her, is he really going to break the news to Mom that he was seeing a married woman on live TV? Obviously, Mom not being aware yet doesn't mean that Dad didn't tell the cops about that. Page 1 or 2 has posts stating that they were indeed knew each other and those posts were made before this sick woman's husband did any interviews or reviewed her SM accounts.

I'm actually inclined to think that he did based on the details coming about the argument … prior to them finding her body. And LE requiring pings and sightings to find her. Seems to me that the perp wasn't the one doing the talking.

Someone, please, just one link to this father actually lying - or the police stating he did - before we post that "it's factual that he lied" and until that link to actual fact is provided, we have people on here treating this victim - for now and until facts prove otherwise - as if he is not.

It flabbergasts me.

Unless the accomplice wasn't actually an accomplice but a witness you couldn't trust.Maybe they were all at the park when whatever incident occured.They drove around in the car for a few hours trying to come up with a story that would protect all of them.Nancy gets mad,doesn't like any of the plans,makes them get out of the car,and thats when they decide to pin it on her.
I don't think her cell phone pings show it that way. Her cell probably shows her leaving the location of where she told the men to get out of the car, and THEN she traveled to the park.

If so, she is toast.

Horrible! A lot of people failed precious Nalani included the Allegheny judge who didn't give Nalani a PFA because her mom didn't show up to court. It takes a tremendous amount of effort and several hours to file the initial PFA papers (to get a temporary PFA before the actual court date) which someone did complete.

(I do realize that it's only a piece of paper, but we'll never know if this could have helped because the judge didn't sign it. )
Can we blame the judge, if the mother didn't show up in court, to get the PFA? Can we expect judges to go against the usual protocol, and expect the people who request these documents to appear and explain why?

Your first sentence is correct. However, that doesn't necessarily mean her father lied. One news channel reports per grandma that Nancy is "unknown" to the family, and others regurgitate it. This happens frequently in the beginnings of these cases. Then when corrected info comes out, it appears like people are lying. Unless the police make a statement about dad being dishonest, I will chalk it up to the hazards of early reporting.

I think their cell phones will tell the story. And LE already said they had tracked the kidnappers cell to the area of that park.
I doubt the two mens cells were seen to be with hers at the same time. I think that will be the evidence that shows that she was the one that took the child there herself.
Did she kill her? We dont know that yet.

Yes, I know this, but is there evidence that Nalani was in the car? As well as the car seat? We haven't heard anything about Nalani herself being present in those videos, at least to my knowledge. Did I miss something? I could have- had surgery yesterday and I admit, I didn't retain much info like I would have liked- rereading things now to make sure I haven't missed anything. Sorry if I did.

Is this what you are looking for Steelslady? Speedy recuperation from your surgery too!

Supt. Coleman McDonough says. (1:30 mark)

"Sharena Nancy pulled away with the child at 5 pm, shortly thereafter, we have some evidence to suggest the child was still in the car but, we have Ms. Nancy in the area of the Chestnut Ridge Resort at 6 pm, and we have her back at Rodi Road at approximately 7:30 pm, where Penn Hills stopped the vehicle." And when Penn Hills stopped that vehicle the child and car seat were both gone.

Allegheny Co. Police: Missing Girl’s Father, Kidnapping Suspect Romantically Linked

Last edited:
I've missed the "evidence" on this bolded bit. Can you please link me to where he lied?

All I've seen is his mother stating to the media they didn't know each other. Obviously, his mom didn't know they knew each other when she talked to the media and, even if he were right there beside her, is he really going to break the news to Mom that he was seeing a married woman on live TV? Obviously, Mom not being aware yet doesn't mean that Dad didn't tell the cops about that. Page 1 or 2 has posts stating that they were indeed knew each other and those posts were made before this sick woman's husband did any interviews or reviewed her SM accounts.

I'm actually inclined to think that he did based on the details coming about the argument … prior to them finding her body. And LE requiring pings and sightings to find her. Seems to me that the perp wasn't the one doing the talking.

Someone, please, just one link to this father actually lying - or the police stating he did - before we post that "it's factual that he lied" and until that link to actual fact is provided, we have people on here treating this victim - for now and until facts prove otherwise - as if he is not.

It flabbergasts me.
It hasn’t been reported anywhere that the father lied to LE about his relationship with Nancy, yet people keep saying it is a fact that he did. I don’t have any idea who all was involved, but so far only Nancy has been arrested and until someone else is named a suspect and/or arrested we’re supposed to treat them as victims.

I continue to believe that Nancy is a total nut job and she snapped. I really think she, and she alone, is responsible for this heinous crime. We will see her on Snapped in a few years.

Yes, the father doesn't have a great track record, true, but maybe he turned things around. Time, and evidence, will tell. Given how quickly she was found, the presence of another witness, cell phone records, surveillance cameras, and Nancy's own lies, the truth will out. LE has quite a bit to work with. I'm highly impressed with how quickly they found her.

Is this what you are looking for Steelslady? Speedy recuperation from your surgery too!

Supt. Coleman McDonough says. (1:30 mark)

"Sharena Nancy pulled away with the child at 5 pm, shortly thereafter, we have some evidence to suggest the child was still in the car but, we have Ms. Nancy in the area of the Chestnut Ridge Resort at 6 pm, and we have her back at Rodi Road at approximately 7:30 pm, where Penn Hills stopped the vehicle." And when Penn Hills stopped that vehicle the child and car seat were both gone.

Allegheny Co. Police: Missing Girl’s Father, Kidnapping Suspect Romantically Linked
Yes, thank you. I missed this for sure.

I continue to believe that Nancy is a total nut job and she snapped. I really think she, and she alone, is responsible for this heinous crime. We will see her on Snapped in a few years.

Yes, the father doesn't have a great track record, true, but maybe he turned things around. Time, and evidence, will tell. Given how quickly she was found, the presence of another witness, cell phone records, surveillance cameras, and Nancy's own lies, the truth will out. LE has quite a bit to work with. I'm highly impressed with how quickly they found her.
Yes I really think it could be he just picked the wrong (psycho) woman to hook up with. Fatal Attraction...:eek:
Like you said, time and evidence will tell.

On the article linked above with the mothers charges against the father it clearly states : Father has threatened to kill the child before - that speaks volumes to me .
ETA: not sure who the real nutjob here is
Seriously! No matter how pissed off you are at a partner, who the heck threatens the life of their child?!? Major red flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy