Found Deceased PA - Nathan Lauer, 38, Allegheny River/Gilpin Township, 22 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I mentioned above, Nathan was not last seen swimming, he was last seen leaving on foot.

Welcome and I’m sorry for the circumstances that has brought you here. I hope he is found soon.

The info I posted that stated he was last seen swimming is information gathered from verified media links (news articles).
We (members) can only post info that has been shared from sources like main stream media and law enforcement. I am unsure the media’s source that shared with them that Nathan was last seen swimming. Unfortunately, at this time it is all we have to go by.
Once your verified, then hopefully if there is any misinformation, it can be cleared up.

Welcome and I’m sorry for the circumstances that has brought you here. I hope he is found soon.

The info I posted that stated he was last seen swimming is information gathered from verified media links (news articles).
We (members) can only post info that has been shared from sources like main stream media and law enforcement. I am unsure the media’s source that shared with them that Nathan was last seen swimming. Unfortunately, at this time it is all we have to go by.
Once your verified, then hopefully if there is any misinformation, it can be cleared up.
I should be verified as soon as a mod changes my aviator. I sent everything in to become verified, and was approved. I understanding it is confusing since media sources are stating this.

Police looking for missing 38-year-old man last seen at local campground

Troopers made contact with the other friend, who said that he did not take Lauer home.

I’m curious where the other friend said he/she last saw him before leaving?
Was he still swimming or was he back at the site? Had he already left before the other friend did?
Something doesn’t make sense. Friend 3 gets up in the morning, sees friend 2 sleeping and friend 1 Nate is missing and 3 just goes on home? Friend 2 wakes up and everyone is gone? Is their stuff still there? Is Nate’s stuff still there?
Praying for Nate’s safe return, but I have a lot of questions.

Last edited:
Something doesn’t make sense. Friend 3 gets up in the morning, sees friend 2 sleeping and friend 1 Nate is missing and 3 just goes on home? Friend 2 wakes up and everyone is gone? Is their stuff still there? Is Nate’s stuff still there?
Praying for Nat’s safe return, but I have a lot of questions.
Once my status shows verified, I can answer some of this for you.

Location where Nathan and the two friends were camping:
153 Upper Allegheny Drive

Google Earth Link
Google Earth
#googleearth

The map gives an idea of the area.

Thank You for sharing this. The area behind and around the camper is very wooded and thick, some places were hard to pass thru. In front of the campers (down a slope) is the Allegheny river.

Making it more understandable since the media is all over the place. Friend A, this was his camp. Friend B and Nathan drove in Friend B’s vehicle to Friend A’s camp Friday evening. The drive is roughly an hour and a half.

Making it more understandable since the media is all over the place. Friend A, this was his camp. Friend B and Nathan drove in Friend B’s vehicle to Friend A’s camp Friday evening. The drive is roughly an hour and a half.

Oh this is helpful information. So Nathan came with Friend B but Friend B left the campsite the morning after Nathan's overnight disappearance without Nathan.
I'm assuming Friend A woke up, discovered Friend B had left the site with his belongings, but Nathan's belongings were still present.

Oh this is helpful information. So Nathan came with Friend B but Friend B left the campsite the morning after Nathan's overnight disappearance without Nathan.
I'm assuming Friend A woke up, discovered Friend B had left the site with his belongings, but Nathan's belongings were still present.
Originally Friend B and Nathan were both missing. This is what Friend A told police. Friend B eventually made it home without Nathan.

As far as we know, Friend B left his cell phone at the campsite. Nathan left his wallet in Friend B’s vehicle. Nathan’s boots were still at the campsite (he bought sneakers on the way to the campsite). Another object of Nathans was found up an embankment heading away from the campsite.

Man last seen in Allegheny River near Gilpin remains missing, police say
Monday, May 24, 2021 3:53 p.m.

SBBM
Sunday’s search efforts continued from about 1 to 7:30 p.m. A Trib reporter visited the site of Sunday’s river search and found no activity in the area. State police Cpl. Sherry Hogue said there would be “no further updates” Monday when asked about the investigation. “Right now, we are currently not searching,” Hogue said.

Well that's odd. :confused: Why wouldn't they be searching for him. Monday was only 2 days after he went missing. IMO :( Where's Nate?

So sounds like friend B is in a hurry to get out of there if he left his cell phone. What time was he reported missing? I feel like if I woke up and both friends are missing who rode together I would just assume they left together. How come he only reported one missing? He obviously hadnt talked to friend B cause he didnt have his phone. How did he know Nathan was missing?

So sounds like friend B is in a hurry to get out of there if he left his cell phone. What time was he reported missing? I feel like if I woke up and both friends are missing who rode together I would just assume they left together. How come he only reported one missing? He obviously hadnt talked to friend B cause he didnt have his phone. How did he know Nathan was missing?
Both were originally reported missing, Nathan and Friend B. Friend B was located at his home, he didn’t know where Nathan was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back