Found Deceased PA - Nathan Lauer, 38, Allegheny River/Gilpin Township, 22 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Welcome to our verified insurer! If you find these questions too personal, please disregard. I'm curious if it was typical for Nate and his friend group to party/drink heavily? Was there any history of substance abuse for him or his friends?
Yes for both Friend B and Nathan. Nathan though would have spurts. Friend B from what I know it is pretty bad. Friend A I do not know.

What a strange story- I am completely baffled as to how the events actually happened. Had they been swimming, made it back to camp and maybe stepped away to take care of business and vanishes? Was he swimming alone? What were the other two doing at the time? Friend A says he went to sleep but where was “b”? What reason did “b” have for leaving what seems to be rather abruptly as it seems as though he didn’t leave a message for “a”? So many questions. I would like to hear both friends stories at the same time. Right now, none of this is cohesive to me. I may have missed some things, it’s a slow day.
They went swimming to sober up, since Friend B and Nathan had been pretty rowdy. They went swimming below the camper and came back up all together and ate breakfast. Friend B left while Friend A was sleeping without Nathan and left his cell phone at the camper. He didn’t get home for 6-7 hours after he left (it’s about an hour and a half drive)

Are they searching the water again or a different area, I wonder?
They went swimming to sober up, since Friend B and Nathan had been pretty rowdy. They went swimming below the camper and came back up all together and ate breakfast. Friend B left while Friend A was sleeping without Nathan and left his cell phone at the camper. He didn’t get home for 6-7 hours after he left (it’s about an hour and a half drive)

My goodness, this gives me some weird vibes. I was thinking they were all very intoxicated but if they had been swimming, ate breakfast then neither friend “a” or “b” have the same recollection it seems. Was this camp site a location that Nathan visited often? Was this area known to him?

Thanks so much for answering all of our questions and many prayers for Nathan’s family. It must be very difficult.

Are they searching the water again or a different area, I wonder?

My goodness, this gives me some weird vibes. I was thinking they were all very intoxicated but if they had been swimming, ate breakfast then neither friend “a” or “b” have the same recollection it seems. Was this camp site a location that Nathan visited often? Was this area known to him?

Thanks so much for answering all of our questions and many prayers for Nathan’s family. It must be very difficult.
No I asked my boyfriend and he did not think Nathan had ever been there and would not know the area.

... left his cell phone at the camper. He didn’t get home for 6-7 hours after he left (it’s about an hour and a half drive)
<rsbm>

Most folks don't go anywhere without their cell phone these days. What is his explanation for how long it took him to get home? I doubt he spent 5 +/- hours away from camp searching for it.

ETA: And, any explanation from Friend B why he left the camper in the first place?

<rsbm>

Most folks don't go anywhere without their cell phone these days. What is his explanation for how long it took him to get home? I doubt he spent 5 +/- hours away from camp searching for it.

The first thing I would do if I was driving home and realized I didn't have my cell phone is to turn around and head back to the campsite to look for it.
Since Friend B didn't have his phone, LE can't track it to see where it pinged along his extended trip.

<rsbm>

ETA: And, any explanation from Friend B why he left the camper in the first place?
He said he doesn’t remember anything.

Again, if too personal, don't answer, but by rowdy, does that just mean being loud or is there any possibility there could have been an argument or even a brawl?

I find the fact that friend B and Nathan both seem to disappear while friend A (the only witness it seems) is asleep and one took way too long to get home.

The first thing I would do if I was driving home and realized I didn't have my cell phone is to turn around and head back to the campsite to look for it.
Since Friend B didn't have his phone, LE can't track it to see where it pinged along his extended trip.
I am assuming Friend B was still highly intoxicated heading home. Who knows if he even realized if he left his phone at the camper.

Again, if too personal, don't answer, but by rowdy, does that just mean being loud or is there any possibility there could have been an argument or even a brawl?

I find the fact that friend B and Nathan both seem to disappear while friend A (the only witness it seems) is asleep and one took way too long to get home.
I believe they had been rowdy with each other some of the night; Friend B and Nathan.

Why did Friend B leave the campsite? I am asking a question no one can answer yet it seems as there has been nothing shared yet regarding friend B's story from the whole episode.

Too many details unknown to us (i.e., unreported) at this point to even follow occam's IMO. I do fear this will end tragically for more than one family, sadly.

Why did Friend B leave the campsite? I am asking a question no one can answer yet it seems as there has been nothing shared yet regarding friend B's story from the whole episode.

Too many details unknown to us (i.e., unreported) at this point to even follow occam's IMO. I do fear this will end tragically for more than one family, sadly.
I wish I had the answer, no idea why he left. Anytime he was asked questions by family his response was he doesn’t remember.

I wish I had the answer, no idea why he left. Anytime he was asked questions by family his response was he doesn’t remember.

I hope the follow up was "well, why don't you remember?" did he hit his head? Was he still so intoxicated he was in a black out? I wonder why he thinks he doesn't remember. Was he either knowingly or unknowingly drugged.

So very sad for you - not knowing is awful. We are here to offer ideas and suggestions, and we certainly encourage you to keep hope.

I hope the follow up was "well, why don't you remember?" did he hit his head? Was he still so intoxicated he was in a black out? I wonder why he thinks he doesn't remember. Was he either knowingly or unknowingly drugged.

So very sad for you - not knowing is awful. We are here to offer ideas and suggestions, and we certainly encourage you to keep hope.
Thank you! We also need to remember that I’m only giving some information again for respect to his family. I personally feel this is going to get deeper.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back