Found Deceased PA - Nathan Lauer, 38, Allegheny River/Gilpin Township, 22 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Trust me, we are left with questions as well. Some things I do know but again out of respect for his family I’m not going to answer them right now.
Missing and Unidentified FB group has a post for Nate. There are over a hundred comments, some of which are very informative and interesting. MOO

190426594_10158203326477849_2393484639898483983_n.jpg
Thank you! I am waiting to be accepted.

Good Morning everyone,

jcorb1012 is now Verified as a case insider. They are now free to post any of their knowlege of the case and state info as fact without having to provide links to support.

Thank you to jcorb1012 and everyone else for being here for Nathan.

Now that I am verified I will try to answer anything that needs cleared up. Some things I can’t say but I will do my best to answer most.

Thank you for joining and helping us understand a little better. Question, is friend B being cooperative with police? I read he could not remember anything at all, and his father mentioned it took him 8 hours to get home when it should have take 1.5. I guess he could have possibly pulled over to sleep. Also, if his phone was left at camp and he doesn’t remember anything, how do they know what time he actually left the camp?

I feel like if I woke up and both friends are missing who rode together I would just assume they left together.

Agreed. My first thoughts would be they both left out (for whatever reason).
I’m curious what caused friend A to believe they were missing rather than they just left for a bit?
Also curious the time frame from when the friend awoke and to when he contacted LE to initially report the two missing?

So do we know where the “he was last seen swimming that morning” came from?
I found out today, the three of them had been swimming earlier in the morning. Friend A, thought maybe it would sober them up some. They all made it up to the camper & ate. After this I am unsure as to what happened.

https://www.connectradio.fm/2021/05/25/38-year-old-punxsy-man-missing-after-camping-trip-in-armstrong-county/

M
ay 25
A friend contacted State Police in Kittanning to say that he was concerned for the safety of 38-year-old Nathan Lauer.

The man told police that he, Lauer, and another man had been at a camp on Upper Allegheny Drive in Armstrong County.

They had been drinking through the night and into the morning hours, and the man said he saw Lauer swimming in the river around 7:30 Saturday morning.

The witness told police he went back to bed for a while, but when he woke up, Lauer and the other man at the camp were not there and could not be found.

The other man at the camp told police that he did not take Lauer home. Police so far have been unable to make contact with Lauer.

The Gilpin Township Police K-9 unit, PSP helicopter, and rescue divers were all used to scan the area where Lauer was last seen, but they have not located him.

Welcome to our verified insurer! If you find these questions too personal, please disregard. I'm curious if it was typical for Nate and his friend group to party/drink heavily? Was there any history of substance abuse for him or his friends?

What a strange story- I am completely baffled as to how the events actually happened. Had they been swimming, made it back to camp and maybe stepped away to take care of business and vanishes? Was he swimming alone? What were the other two doing at the time? Friend A says he went to sleep but where was “b”? What reason did “b” have for leaving what seems to be rather abruptly as it seems as though he didn’t leave a message for “a”? So many questions. I would like to hear both friends stories at the same time. Right now, none of this is cohesive to me. I may have missed some things, it’s a slow day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back