Found Deceased PA - Paul Kochu, 22, Allegheny County, 17 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't been following this case super closely, but I saw on the family's Find Paul facebook page today that they thanked the Allegheny Mountain Rescue team for searching. The post says, "we are scared but would like the truth." They didn't say where they searched and I guess it doesn't have to be in the mountains....but I'm wondering - is there reason to believe he would flee to the woods/mountains/just away?

Sorry, I know this is random. I will catch up on the posts on both threads this afternoon.
The Allegheny Mountain Rescue Team participated in a voluntary search in January. It seems they are willing to search in the city too.

They are searching a park by the McD's where the room mates had the late night dinner. That is all I can say at this time. I am not familiar with Pittsburgh at all.

Thank you halaliphone. We are thinking and praying for Paul and his family!
We would love if you corrected and set us on the right path if we are way off on anything. We want Paul found!

I don't know how to quote from another thread. It's post #955 on the first Paul thread. Here is the text:

It was said to be on McKnight Road in Pittsburgh, which is about 10 miles north of their Wharton St. home. The source of that was a poster here (GroovyGirl). Other than that, the McD address was never mentioned by the news or the family.

I looked up McDonald's locations on McKnight Road, and the only listing was 4849 McKnight Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15237.

Edited to add: The original post by Groovygirl was #661.

I don't know how to quote from another thread. It's post #955 on the first Paul thread. Here is the text:

I looked up McDonald's locations on McKnight Road, and the only listing was 4849 McKnight Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15237.

Edited to add: The original post by Groovygirl was #661.
Correct. Groovygirl was the only source I know of for that information. She never said who her connection was, but I have felt it was Shannon (Paul's x-girlfriend) or someone that knows the roomies. I didn't get the sense that she talked with the roommates directly, but just moo. Here's the post from Groovygirl.

GroovyGirl said:
I agree 100%...the lack of additional information from LE is frustrating. There is additional footage we just can't air it or there is no additional footage...something.
The fast food location was McDonald's on McKnight road...
IMO there is a lot of leaning towards suicide...looking thru Paul's FB and Twitter seems a bit revealing...but as I've said in previous posts, you never ever really know what someone wants you to see about themselves. Ive said it before -losing my brother to suicide was the most shocking event ever. He was funny and silly and loving and successful and all the things people have said to describe Paul. My brother never suffered from mental illness and was just a great fun-loving brother, son, dad...So I IMO it's not far fetched to resolve to suicide. Especially with him being described as 'emotional' after drinking and a wound to his hand.
Just MHO.

Also, in another post by GroovyGirl, she says that it was verified that the roomies were at McDonald's. Therefore, LE would have the timestamp of when they ordered food. If that time preceded the time Paul was seen on video, then he couldn't have been on McKnight Road. Wonder why they are searching there.

Posted #653 dated 1/16/15
GroovyGirl said:
It was verified that they drove...yes after drinking...for food. That was checked at the fast food establishment.

Also, in another post by GroovyGirl, she says that it was verified that the roomies were at McDonald's. Therefore, LE would have the timestamp of when they ordered food. If that time preceded the time Paul was seen on video, then he couldn't have been on McKnight Road. Wonder why they are searching there.

Posted #653 dated 1/16/15

Do we know if it was LE or the family that requested the search? Also, do we know it precedes the tie Paul was seen on video? If it's the family that requested it, then I would think they feel the roommates could be directly involved in Paul's disappearance. That would be important information, IMHO

North Park would be the closest park. If it helps at all, there are ALWAYS cops everywhere in North Park. You couldn't even park your car their late at night without a cop coming by to see what's going on. It's also very frequently visited by a lot of people.

I will say that I am pretty disappointed he wasn't found anywhere yesterday in SS or town. The area is always packed for St.Paddys. This is very frustrating. :-(

Do we know if it was LE or the family that requested the search? Also, do we know it precedes the tie Paul was seen on video? If it's the family that requested it, then I would think they feel the roommates could be directly involved in Paul's disappearance. That would be important information, IMHO
Nope, afaik we don't know for sure any of that. For all we know, the roomies could have eaten at McD at 4am in the morning. Not saying I think that, but we just don't know. I felt GG was posting reliable information, but again, we don't know for sure.

I'm just guessing, but I would think the family requested the search and defined the location. . I still think that LE isn't considering this a foul-play case. If they were, there would be more searching by them going on and the family wouldn't have to enlist volunteers. Only the family can tell us what LE is doing with respect to this case at present.

I disagree. Shocker, I know. ; )
A volunteer search group is not randomly going to go where the family asks unless there is good cause. Remember the family is not from the area and haliphone just said they are not familiar with the area. So there is a reason for this location base on info we just don't know. LE cannot simply continue to do searches. They do not have the resources, time or money to do so. Many times LE has to approve an outside organization to do a search for legality reasons.

I get the same feeling DK. Personally, if I were one of the roommates, I would have to talk with the family and do whatever it took to convince them that I am not involved in any way, including taking a LDT. That's just me though.

[/B]]I disagree. Shocker, I know. ; )
A volunteer search group is not randomly going to go where the family asks unless there is good cause. Remember the family is not from the area and haliphone just said they are not familiar with the area. So there is a reason for this location base on info we just don't know. LE cannot simply continue to do searches. They do not have the resources, time or money to do so. Many times LE has to approve an outside organization to do a search for legality reasons.

Lol. Remember, disagreement is good. (Royalties to Gordon Gecko.)

I was reading over the Find Paul Facebook page. I feel so bad for this family. So incredibly sad. God, please let them find this boy.

I disagree. Shocker, I know. ; )
LOL. Yes, you and I aren't on the same page. No biggie. I do respect your opinion through...really

That's a good point. I have no knowledge about the protocols for those volunteer search groups. As I recall though, the cousin enlisted the help of some professional group to assist in searches that were coordinated by the family. I realize that LE doesn't have the staff to be searching all over PA looking for a missing person. Still, I stand firm on my thinking that we would see LE doing something if they thought there was a homicide. There is nothing so special about this case that it would need the hush-hush treatment by LE. You don't have to be familiar with the area to ask someone to search in the vicinity of the restaurant where the roomies ate.

I feel badly for the roommates because I think they are innocent completely. Imagine what they must feel like losing their best friend and many people looking at them with suspicion. If it turns out that I'm wrong about them, I want bacon with the egg my face.

LOL. Yes, you and I aren't on the same page. No biggie. I do respect your opinion through...really

That's a good point. I have no knowledge about the protocols for those volunteer search groups. As I recall though, the cousin enlisted the help of some professional group to assist in searches that were coordinated by the family. I realize that LE doesn't have the staff to be searching all over PA looking for a missing person. Still, I stand firm on my thinking that we would see LE doing something if they thought there was a homicide. There is nothing so special about this case that it would need the hush-hush treatment by LE. You don't have to be familiar with the area to ask someone to search in the vicinity of the restaurant where the roomies ate.

I feel badly for the roommates because I think they are innocent completely. Imagine what they must feel like losing their best friend and many people looking at them with suspicion. If it turns out that I'm wrong about them, I want bacon with the egg my face.

I'm with you on the roomies DK, but if we're wrong, I prefer scrapple with my eggs. I'm a Philly guy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc
Back