Found Deceased PA - Paul Kochu, 22, Allegheny County, 17 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been involved with a missing persons search.
LE will do their preliminary work and search areas of interest sometimes with all the resources they have. Helicopters, search dogs, equipment, feet on the ground, etc... but in a relatively short period of time they just don't anymore. That is why volunteers and organized volunteer search and rescue organizations step in and are so very important. In my experience and reading cases on here, unless there is huge new evidence you're on your own with actual feet on the ground searches and only have the info LE has given you which is sometimes not much at all.

North Park would be the closest park. If it helps at all, there are ALWAYS cops everywhere in North Park. You couldn't even park your car their late at night without a cop coming by to see what's going on. It's also very frequently visited by a lot of people.

There's also Riverview Park, just 4 or 5 miles north of the city in Perry North/Observatory Hill area.
http://goo.gl/maps/v8KwP

Do we know if it was LE or the family that requested the search? Also, do we know it precedes the tie Paul was seen on video? If it's the family that requested it, then I would think they feel the roommates could be directly involved in Paul's disappearance. That would be important information, IMHO

http://www.amrg.info/emergency-services

"Allegheny Mountain Rescue Group functions under the authority of the agency responsible for the search or rescue (e.g., local Police or Fire Department, State Police, County Emergency Management Agency, or Park Superintendent). AMRG will conduct operations only at the request of such agencies, and will directly support the responsible agency at no cost."

Snipped by me:
"We only respond to requests from RAs — not from search subjects' families, the media, etc."

(RA means Responsible Authorities)

http://www.amrg.info/home/22.html?task=view

"Allegheny Mountain Rescue Group (AMRG ) is an all-volunteer, non-profit search and rescue (SAR) team based in Pittsburgh that has offered support to government agencies responsible for lost- and injured-person incidents since 1985. AMRG will help locate, access, stabilize, and transport patients in wilderness and suburban settings. AMRG will also aid in searches for suspected crime victims and evidence searches."

So taking that info into account, we can assume that although LE may or may not have physically been there, AMRG is guided and communicates directly with LE. So where was the search this weekend and why that location??

So taking that info into account, we can assume that although LE may or may not have physically been there, AMRG is guided and communicates directly with LE. So where was the search this weekend and why that location??
To borrow your phrase: "I disagree. Shocker, I know."
Where I disagree is the assumption that LE asked this group to search there. I would need to see a list of what they consider "Responsible Authorities". I'm thinking that some of these Lost&Missing groups might fall under that classification.

I am not ready to believe that LE sent a search group to McKnight Road searching for Paul. It bugs me that there is so much secrecy about very basic things. Can we find out at least who authorized the search there?

If LE thinks there was a crime, I would expect them to keep nearly everything secret. It would be an active investigation.

I was involved in the search 2 years ago for Paige Aiello in NYC. Although it appeared that Paige had jumped from the GWB, family and friends were holding out hope that she was just taking a break from life and somewhere in the city. There had been at least two "so called" sightings of her. The search was organized by the family. We were all assigned a certain neighborhood. My daughter and. I were assigned to the Flat Iron district. LE was not involved other than one detective. The way it worked was we went door to door, business to business with a 8 by 10 glossy of Paige and asked if anyone had seen her. This included those walking the streets of the neighborhood. We actually had a hit at a convenience store. We had to call it in and report it to Paige's dad and the detective. They in turn went to the store, interviewed the clerk and pulled the video. The clerk was positive it was Paige who had been in the store. Sadly, in reviewing the video, although the person on it bore as strong resemblance to Paige, it was not her. My point in all this is that while LE may not be involved, I'm sure that they must have at least one detective available for situations like I just mentioned.

I remember that case. Further proof that suicide can happen to anyone. Really sad story. I believe her family now does lectures on looking for signs of distress in young people. They were featured on news stations here.

Article in the NY Times last week about suicide: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/10/health/blocking-the-paths-to-suicide.html?_r=1

“What people experience before attempting suicide is a combination of panic, agitation and franticness,” he said. “A desire to escape from unbearable pain and feeling trapped.”

Sometimes, depression isn’t even in the picture. In one study, 60 percent of college students who said they were thinking about ways to kill themselves tested negative for depression.

Yes, many aspects of this case fall into investigation. And as well, I am very careful about responding to content in posts b/c my sister and her family are very fragile. And also b/c I don't know who else might be watching. Someone-or maybe several someones-- likely know what happened to Paul. Please don't read anymore into that sentence than what is there.....someone knows something about what happened to Paul. Even if it is just a passerby.

Thank you. I 100% understand what you are saying.

I remember that case. Further proof that suicide can happen to anyone. Really sad story. I believe her family now does lectures on looking for signs of distress in young people. They were featured on news stations here.

Yes Mem, what a heartbreak, and you are right...further proof. Paige was 6 weeks from graduating college, accepted to 9 law schools, captain of tennis team and a wonderful, loving family. You just never, ever know. And although she did come to them and express her onset of severe depression, they still could not stop this from happening. They brought her to the best doctors, moved her home from the dorm and took her to and from classes. Made sure there was always someone with her. But, one afternoon, there was a very small window of opportunity, and she took it. God Bless them and kudos for trying to help others.

Yes Mem, what a heartbreak, and you are right...further proof. Paige was 6 weeks from graduating college, accepted to 9 law schools, captain of tennis team and a wonderful, loving family. You just never, ever know. And although she did come to them and express her onset of severe depression, they still could not stop this from happening. They brought her to the best doctors, moved her home from the dorm and took her to and from classes. Made sure there was always someone with her. But, one afternoon, there was a very small window of opportunity, and she took it. God Bless them and kudos for trying to help others.

I read a thing yesterday that really made sense to me as a depressive person: "Saying "why are you depressed when your life is so good?" is like asking an asthmatic, "why do you have asthma when there's so much oxygen in the air?"

And often we're asking ourselves the same question, ashamed of ourselves, hiding our pain from those who would most help us--until we crack.

I am not saying that Paul felt like that. I don't see any evidence of it. But if he was, it's quite possible nobody knew.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back