Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if they are doing anything now to find out who he is?Have there been any new leads on this sweet little boy?​

Was he the one who found the body while "peeping" on the girls at the homes? I recall reading somewhere that someone found him while being a peeping tom but was afraid to come forward.

No, police believe he did not report it because he came from "behind the iron curtain" and was scared. He had reported a crime before and it upset his family greatly. They don't trust police. They were from Poland at a very bad time.

Ambercat,
A lot of Swedes came over through Ellis Island back then.

This little boy looks Scandinavian/Swedish/Nowegian to me. He actually looks very, very much like my brother did when he was little. I had to look real hard to find any differences as a matter of fact. It was strange when I first saw his picture. We are Swedish, Grampa came over on a ship.

He definitely does look like he could have been Scandinavian. I guess, that was my jumping to conclusions that someone who came from Sweden/Norway/Finland would have more ties here (people from Scandinavia have been immigrating since the mid-1800s (I think)) and someone would have reported (or at least noticed that he was missing and aggressively pursued it). :doh:

Ambercat,
A lot of Swedes came over through Ellis Island back then.

This little boy looks Scandinavian/Swedish/Nowegian to me. He actually looks very, very much like my brother did when he was little. I had to look real hard to find any differences as a matter of fact. It was strange when I first saw his picture. We are Swedish, Grampa came over on a ship.

I agree. I have always felt that he was Scandinavian as well. He has features similar to that of my mom's side of the family, who are also Swedish. Today while I was thinking of Caylee and how glad I am that she may finally getting justice, It made me think about this little guy and how long he has waited for justice to come. I really hope that someone will come forward.

I agree. I have always felt that he was Scandinavian as well. He has features similar to that of my mom's side of the family, who are also Swedish. Today while I was thinking of Caylee and how glad I am that she may finally getting justice, It made me think about this little guy and how long he has waited for justice to come. I really hope that someone will come forward.

Speaking of tv, I remember a show I saw a while back on the Biography Channel (since I hurt my back I have been watching more tv) where they analyzed an unidentified decedent's bones and hair and found out that he was from the Caucasus originally but lived in the UK and the Netherlands for the six months prior to his death -- I wonder if it is possible that they could do something like that for this little guy?

Speaking of tv, I remember a show I saw a while back on the Biography Channel (since I hurt my back I have been watching more tv) where they analyzed an unidentified decedent's bones and hair and found out that he was from the Caucasus originally but lived in the UK and the Netherlands for the six months prior to his death -- I wonder if it is possible that they could do something like that for this little guy?
That would be very good if they can do this for him.

But Terry Speece is 8 years old and The boy in the box has a full set of baby teeth.So it's probably not him.I just thought it was interesting when 8 people?Identified him at the morge as Terry Speece.Son of Charels Speece.Neighbors where they lived Identified him as Terri Speece(or at least the little boy with the father) and the grand mother said the middle toe was bent the same way on Terri the same way it was on the boy in the box.I didn't know the boy in the box's toe was bent.I'm am also thinking more and more the boy in the box was put in foster care or a orphanage probably the day he was killed.Because his eye had dye in it like it was checked for an eye ailment.He was getting cleaned up,Bath ect...Like he was being initiated into some where.

I'm reading alot.There was a St Vincents orphanage(Orphanage?and wayward girls?The Orphanage I think went to a smaller place st Davids?If any one finds out more on this please let me know ok?I'm not sure about this)Near Lansdowne Ave and Garrett ave.This is not far from where the bassinet box was bought at JC Penney.I do believe the box is important because he was found in it and I don't think it would have gotten that far away any other way.

My son was 8 years 4months before he lost any of his baby teeth.....unusual I know but it can happen.

According to Wikipedia --
The case remains officially unsolved. Investigators were able to extract mitochondrial DNA from the boy's tooth. They are now attempting to link him to entries in a national mitochondrial DNA database

A new book out called the Murder Room has several entries regarding the Boy. The book is a non fiction account of some of the cases covered by the Vidoq Society in PA.

One of the original profilers named the young man who called in the body and was known to peep at the school as the killer, in fact. Frederick Benonis.

I like that theory alot fwiw. The book also provides details from the autopsy that I was unfamiliar with.

Amazon.com: The Murder Room: The Heirs of Sherlock Holmes Gather to Solve the World's Most Perplexing Cold Cases (9781592401420)

Maybe look into county court houses or state archives in pennsylvania and NJ (Camden County NJ)of change of custody between someone.Orhanage,foster home,social services,adoption?Maybe the answers of who this sweet little boy is will be found in the court house records somewhere or on micro film in the newspaper of change of custody.

I'm still looking into this sweet little boys case.I find it very interesting two little boys came up missing in New York in 1955 a few months of each other.Steven Craig Damman and Fredrick Andrew Holmes and they were both compared to this little boy the boy in the box.Fredrick Andrews Holmes,they thought he was kidnapped and sold?The boy in the box was in ill health for a about a year or so.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/damman_steven.html

and

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/holmes_frederick.html

This little boy needs alot of national exposer again.A newpaper article done on the aniversary of when he was found in February,AMW to run his show again.Unsolved mysteries to make a show on him. ANYTHING to get his name out there and keep it out there recently.A family member might be looking for him.Has anyone called LE to see if they are doing anything?Any updates?Is LE or anyone planning a vigil for him coming up in February?I think that would be nice for him.

This is one way we might probably find out who this sweet little boy is.A family member or sibling trying to find thier family.This little boy in the box could have been kidnapped even a few years before he came up missing,put up for adoption,taken by social services,sold,a cover up of some sort,or told thier sibling died.someone looking up thier famly tree.Maybe saying I wonder what ever happened to Richie or so and so or I never knew there was Richie or a so and so in our family tree.All I know is they are probably not looking to find thier relative dead.This is why I feel national exposer needs to still happen now.

http://bangordailynews.com/2010/03/23/news/womanrsquos-dna-no-match-to-boy-in-box/

Does anyone know if the police checked DNA or footprints with little Leroy Nelson to the boy in the box?(I know little Leroy was reported missing after the boy in the box was found.I still feel they should check)He does seem to fit.I'm starting to feel this little boy in the box was from Canada.

Yes,It's probably not him.It should be checked though.Little Leroy seems younger to me than the boy in the box.I was just starting to think maybe the boy in the box was from Canada some where.I think the drawings of the boy in the box appear to make him look older than he was.He looks younger on the original poster LE sent off when he was first found.I think the boy in the box looks 4 maybe 5.He still had all his baby teeth.He looks younger on the side profile pictures of him on the original poster sent out by LE.

The original poster LE sent out when he was found.

http://americasunknownchild.net/Poster.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member