PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think Ray brought his computer with him? Just to trash it in the river because he knew he wasn't going back?

I've got a few ideas as to why he took the laptop, one, so nobody would know what he was up to,two, he was emailing a person that may have been involved with him in a crime years before,three, he was watching what was being said on the net about that crime and needed to know how close they were to getting the person that done it, which would have been him and the person he emailed.Did anyone check his history in ohio when he first started out up to the point he left there for penns. There could be an underlying reason he left ohio to start with. It just seems to me that everything under the sun has been brought out except for those reasons, well I haven't come across those reasons while reading all the different blogs about him. What about the real parents of Lara, Barbra wasn't the mother she was the woman that raised her just as Ray wasn't the father he was just the man that raised her. Is it possible that it wasn't a legal adoption and that's why they left ohio. Maybe the real family was getting close to finding them, after all the net wasn't as popular back when Lara was a baby.

That's only a scenario, I have no idea what transpired with the adoption, it may very well be that it was all on the up and up. Just looking for answers. When people are desparate for a child they do tend to go to extremes. I have no idea if that came into play in their case or not.

How about this, Ray was the real father but Barbra wasn't the real mother. It looks like he was overly protective of Lara. Barbra not so much, from what I've read.

Wow, Lizruss!!! Clearly I am out of touch altogether about Ray Gricar -- brand new ideas (for me) -- as I have been running on the same mobius stirp of split town/suicide/murder due to a woman he met on the internet. Hmmm, whoa, lots more to know and ponder -- thanks!!!

Why do you think Ray brought his computer with him? Just to trash it in the river because he knew he wasn't going back?

Long term, RFG wanted to eliminate the data. He'd talk to people about at least a year prior to his disappearance. He might have decided that, since he was going to be in Lewisburg, that would be a good place to toss the drive.

I do he removed the laptop from the house and tossed the drive, but there might not be anything nefarious in it. He might have wanted to protect his credit card number or didn't want some stranger ogling family photos with his daughter.

How about this, Are they absolutly sure he was the one that took it out of the house and he's the one that threw it in the river. Could it have been done before by someone else? Could it have been removed from his car by someone and they found their name on it and needed to get rid of it. Could that person have been a seceret female he was seeing at some time? Is it possible that it disappeared days or even weeks before he did? Just a thought.

Did his live in girlfriend see him take it out of the house that day? Did he tell her he took it in the phone call he made to her? If not then how do they know he is in fact the one that took it?

If they do know for sure that he took the laptop was it common practice for him not to take the case? If not then wouldn't that be saying he was in a very big hurry to get away? In a hurry so as to think that someone might steal his credit card number or look at pictures of his daughter? Doesn't add up to me.

How about this, Are they absolutly sure he was the one that took it out of the house and he's the one that threw it in the river. Could it have been done before by someone else? Could it have been removed from his car by someone and they found their name on it and needed to get rid of it. Could that person have been a seceret female he was seeing at some time? Is it possible that it disappeared days or even weeks before he did? Just a thought.

They are absolutely sure that RFG wanted to destroy the data on his drive. He had purchased ersure software as well. There has been nothing released indicating that he took the laptop with him that day.

It could have been "kill two bird with one stone" situation. RFG wanted to destroy the data and was planning to be in Lewisburg for some other reason. He could have figured that being 50 miles from home, that would be a good place to toss it.

If they do know for sure that he took the laptop was it common practice for him not to take the case? If not then wouldn't that be saying he was in a very big hurry to get away? In a hurry so as to think that someone might steal his credit card number or look at pictures of his daughter? Doesn't add up to me.

It was not common practice for RFG to take the laptop. Prior to getting the desktop, he used it as a home computer and rarely took it.

Further, it was in the case. He'd have to remove it from the case, which was home.

I didn't mean to stir up anything here, I stumbled across this site while looking for info. on another unsolved 20 yr. old case out of Ohio. I'm not accusing anyone of anything either just looking to see if things may somehow connect. I found it surprising how the composite looks a lot like RG. But then it looks like everybody's neighbor. The case being from Bay Village Ohio, a subrub of Cleveland sparked my interest when I discovered through different sites that RG moved from there back in 85. The thing with that was that he went back and forth and did at one point vanish for a day or so only to tell later he was at a ballgame in Cleveland. And it being said that he was sort of a womanizer. It doesn't stop there. I could go on and on with comparisons. You may already know the case, but it would put him in a bad light. I'd rather not do that if he's not the guy in question for that case. I have my own site if you would care to check it out and make your own comparisons.
http://the-blogger-tree.blogspot.com
I've been looking into that case for almost 21 yrs. now. There are a few others too who have had their hearts captured by this childs fate.I'm just finding it real strange how it matches a lot of things!

I am appreciative of everyone's insights and theories. Lizruss, I just read about Amy's case -- it is terribly upsetting and disturbing that similar abductions happened to other young girls in Ohio. I have the highest respect for individuals who take on certain cases and never give up on searching for answers. Hats off to you J.J., Lizruss........

I didn't mean to stir up anything here, I stumbled across this site while looking for info. on another unsolved 20 yr. old case out of Ohio. I'm not accusing anyone of anything either just looking to see if things may somehow connect. I found it surprising how the composite looks a lot like RG. But then it looks like everybody's neighbor. The case being from Bay Village Ohio, a subrub of Cleveland sparked my interest when I discovered through different sites that RG moved from there back in 85. The thing with that was that he went back and forth and did at one point vanish for a day or so only to tell later he was at a ballgame in Cleveland. And it being said that he was sort of a womanizer. It doesn't stop there. I could go on and on with comparisons. You may already know the case, but it would put him in a bad light. I'd rather not do that if he's not the guy in question for that case. I have my own site if you would care to check it out and make your own comparisons.
http://the-blogger-tree.blogspot.com
I've been looking into that case for almost 21 yrs. now. There are a few others too who have had their hearts captured by this childs fate.I'm just finding it real strange how it matches a lot of things!

You have badly incorrect information.

RFG left Ohio in 1979-80. In 1985, he was in Centre county running for DA.

The Cleveland Game incident was c. 2000.

If you are referring to the Amy Mihaljevic case, she wasn't murdered until 1989.

While reading the book The Serial Killers Apprentice, short true crime stories I noted the dates. They could very well be wrong, thank you for letting me know if that's the case. It said in 1969 he married and work as assistant prosecutor for cuyahoga county,in 1978 he and Barbra adopted Lara,in 1985 Barbra took a job at Penn. State at which time RG took time off to become a stay at home dad, became first assistant prosecutor for Centre County then ran for the position and won in 1985.

My point with the game was that he returned again after leaving so many yrs. before. Not meaning he moved back to Cleveland. Just visiting for any number of reasons.

Amy was murdered in 1989, my thinking was that it would be possible for him to come and go back at that time, just as he done with the game years later. I'm looking at all possibilities on everyone.

While reading the book The Serial Killers Apprentice, short true crime stories I noted the dates. They could very well be wrong, thank you for letting me know if that's the case. It said in 1969 he married and work as assistant prosecutor for cuyahoga county,in 1978 he and Barbra adopted Lara,in 1985 Barbra took a job at Penn. State at which time RG took time off to become a stay at home dad, became first assistant prosecutor for Centre County then ran for the position and won in 1985.

My point with the game was that he returned again after leaving so many yrs. before. Not meaning he moved back to Cleveland. Just visiting for any number of reasons.

Amy was murdered in 1989, my thinking was that it would be possible for him to come and go back at that time, just as he done with the game years later. I'm looking at all possibilities on everyone.

The date is quite wrong. He ran for DA in 1985, and by statute, had to be resident for at least a year.

Here is a link to him arguing a case in Centre County in 1981:

http://digitalnewspapers.libraries....asp?skin=collegian&AW=1284685396405&AppName=2

You find out moire about the early Ray Gricar at the Daily Collegian pre 1988 archives here: http://digitalnewspapers.libraries....asp?skin=collegian&AW=1284686466840&AppName=2

If you are interested in the Gricar case, I do a blog almost exclusively on it:

http://tiny.cc/SCORGCDT

Some of it, the theories, most of the evidence, and a detailed account of the investigation are linked in indexes.

I new account of the Southfield sighting, and the investigation from last November through the end of August this year are not yet in the indexed.

I got a question, does anyone have info. on the adoption? Like say, the attorney or state? Or how long it took to get Lara?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member