PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a question, does anyone have info. on the adoption? Like say, the attorney or state? Or how long it took to get Lara?

Still having problems, but I'll give you what I have.

It was before 1980. Since RFG and Gray were in Cleveland, it was likely there. Lara was 26 when her father disappeared, so I don't see the relevance.

That doesn't add up. Sure would like to see her birth certificate. Otherwise, she wasn't born yet when the adoption took place. Of course I'm probably wrong on the date. It could be a month or so difference.

Here's the thing , there is way to many things that look the same in both cases for me not to check every little thing with this guy.Whether it's relavent to you or not, it maybe to me. RG may be a victim he may not, anythings possible.I'm not going to give up on finding the answers to what happened to Amy just like you aren't going to give up either.

That doesn't add up. Sure would like to see her birth certificate. Otherwise, she wasn't born yet when the adoption took place. Of course I'm probably wrong on the date. It could be a month or so difference.

What doesn't add up? LG was 26, IIRC, in 2005, when RFG disappeared; she could have turned 27 in the same year. She was adopted as a newborn in 1978-79.

RFG was not her custodial parent since c. 1992, and she was an adult as of 1999/2000.

If you are looking for a birth parent with a grudge, maybe in the mid 1990's but not in 2005.

Again, I have to ask about the relevance of an adoption in the late 1970's, when the adoptee is an adult as of 2005 (and had been for a few years).

Why do you think Ray brought his computer with him? Just to trash it in the river because he knew he wasn't going back?

Yes and no.

RFG very clearly did not want something on the hard to ever see the light of day. He talked to to people, about a year before about how to eliminate the data on it. He did searched of how to destroy a hard drive, which would have the same effect.

I think he took the laptop with him on 4/15, removed the drive, and tossed it into the river. I strongly suspect that there will be more evidence that RFG took the laptop with him on 4/15.

I'm not convinced that he wasn't planning to come back.

He could have taken the laptop in order to download something from the drive prior to destroying it, on a CD or a flash drive. He could have been planning to replace the drive. He could have purchased a replacement dive at some point after he destroyed that one, but prior to returning it to the county.

I'm also far from convinced that he tossed the laptop itself.

I should add that RFG was seen within about 50 yards of where the drive was found.

I'm planning a blog on the least weak evidence of murder. Can anyone give me the answer to this question: Is there any actual evidence that Mr. Gricar was a victim of foul play?

I was having some pc problems...grrrrr

JJ, I was thinking on the line of maybe RG was Lara's real father and no one knew it except him that's all.

As to your question, I haven't read anywhere that tells of any kind of foul play. I don't think he just walked away either, I think he ran!

It looks like he was waiting for someone to pick him up, if the comments are right that he was setting on a bench reading the paper , moving the car to different spots also tells me he was afraid who ever was picking him up wouldn't see where he was. The sighting of another person leaning into his car tells me whoever it was he was waiting for found him and was smoking a cigg. at the time. The comment made that he was seen with a woman tells me that he knew the woman well enough to trust she would not give up any information on him so this woman he had to have known for a long time. I'll take a guess here that because, and only if they never took a poly. she would have been Barbra. Barbra could say she never knew a thing till the cows came home and got away with it, however if tested that changes things. It would be like she knew something on RG that was bad enough to fear him and what ever he wanted she would do for her own safty. I'm just trying to think out of the box as they say. As for the laptop she could very well have an idea what was on it also. I don't think Emma knew a thing as she is the one that's been so distraught over RG being missing.

I was having some pc problems...grrrrr

JJ, I was thinking on the line of maybe RG was Lara's real father and no one knew it except him that's all.

Several things argue against it:

1. No family resemblance, and there is between RFG and his nephews.

2. Lara was adopted 26 years prior RFG disappearing. RFG had not married to his then wife, Barbara Gray, for more than a decade. He was not the custodial parent after that. Why would be relevant to his disappearance?

As to your question, I haven't read anywhere that tells of any kind of foul play. I don't think he just walked away either, I think he ran!

It looks like he was waiting for someone to pick him up, if the comments are right that he was setting on a bench reading the paper , moving the car to different spots also tells me he was afraid who ever was picking him up wouldn't see where he was. The sighting of another person leaning into his car tells me whoever it was he was waiting for found him and was smoking a cigg. at the time. The comment made that he was seen with a woman tells me that he knew the woman well enough to trust she would not give up any information on him so this woman he had to have known for a long time. I'll take a guess here that because, and only if they never took a poly. she would have been Barbra. Barbra could say she never knew a thing till the cows came home and got away with it, however if tested that changes things. It would be like she knew something on RG that was bad enough to fear him and what ever he wanted she would do for her own safty. I'm just trying to think out of the box as they say. As for the laptop she could very well have an idea what was on it also. I don't think Emma knew a thing as she is the one that's been so distraught over RG being missing.

I list both his ex-wives on my Inner Circle of people that should be checked. Wife #2, I don't use her name, was not distraught. She just said that he had not seen him since the divorce.

I wouldn't count on resemblance as I know for a fact that it doesn't work that way. I have a nephew that looks nothing like either parent and test prove they are, He does'nt resemble anyone else in the family either.

I know when RG married Barbra and when the adopton was, I'm not saying it had anything to do with RG's disapperance rather it could have been something secret on the laptop. Like was the woman a secret fling and became pregnant and RG claimed the child.

I ment to say that the girlfriend was distraught not wife #2. I would without a doubt have Barbra take a poly.

I wouldn't count on resemblance as I know for a fact that it doesn't work that way. I have a nephew that looks nothing like either parent and test prove they are, He does'nt resemble anyone else in the family either.

I know when RG married Barbra and when the adopton was, I'm not saying it had anything to do with RG's disapperance rather it could have been something secret on the laptop. Like was the woman a secret fling and became pregnant and RG claimed the child.

I ment to say that the girlfriend was distraught not wife #2. I would without a doubt have Barbra take a poly.

Right now, my old hardrive is sitting in a bucket of gritty, dirty, salty, water. It is not in there because:

A. I'm trying to destroy a record a love child.

B. I'm trying to destroy a record *advertiser censored* or viewing *advertiser censored*.

C. I'm trying to destroy a record of travel plans for a plans for a walkaway.

D. I'm trying to destroy a record of where I've hidden money.

E, I'm trying to destroy a record of some criminal activity.

It is in that bucket because I don't someone to get my credit card numbers or my passwords. :)

That could be the what RFG never wanted the data to ever see see the light of day. Nothing nefarious, no rabid paranoia, just that he didn't want his credit card numbers, financial records, family photographs, or passwords to be ever discovered. I'd call it prudent.

So that he could go off into the sunset and start life anew elsewhere....apparently this isn't as uncommon as I once thought -- people wanting to leave their old lives behind but avoid the messy interactions with those they are leaving behind.........

Right now, my old hardrive is sitting in a bucket of gritty, dirty, salty, water. It is not in there because:

A. I'm trying to destroy a record a love child.

B. I'm trying to destroy a record *advertiser censored* or viewing *advertiser censored*.

C. I'm trying to destroy a record of travel plans for a plans for a walkaway.

D. I'm trying to destroy a record of where I've hidden money.

E, I'm trying to destroy a record of some criminal activity.

It is in that bucket because I don't someone to get my credit card numbers or my passwords. :)

That could be the what RFG never wanted the data to ever see see the light of day. Nothing nefarious, no rabid paranoia, just that he didn't want his credit card numbers, financial records, family photographs, or passwords to be ever discovered. I'd call it prudent.

That is a thought, but its one thing to put the drive in a bucket of water, its another to put it into a body of water. If Ray put that drive into the river, its because that drive had something special on it.

That's what I'm thinkin' -- why did he take it with him to begin with? Couldn't he have used one of those hard drive washers ..... He picked it up, took it with him in his car, and then threw it into the bridge -- like, there, no one's gonna find it in there and if they do, it'll be trashed ....... ? And now I'm going to get into this other car with this other person and we're going to drive far far away........... ?

That's what I'm thinkin' -- why did he take it with him to begin with? Couldn't he have used one of those hard drive washers ..... He picked it up, took it with him in his car, and then threw it into the bridge -- like, there, no one's gonna find it in there and if they do, it'll be trashed ....... ? And now I'm going to get into this other car with this other person and we're going to drive far far away........... ?

He bought on of those programs.

It there is another person, who? I doubt if he'd hop into a car with a stranger.

That is a thought, but its one thing to put the drive in a bucket of water, its another to put it into a body of water. If Ray put that drive into the river, its because that drive had something special on it.

I'm probably going to toss mine someplace afterward.

RFG asked about destroying the data almost as soon as he got the laptop. He'd ask others about how to do it around a year before he disappeared.

Within a month prior to his disappearance he specifically looked a how to destroy the drive, which would have the effect of destroying the data.

I could easily understand if RFG erased the drive, and tossed it, 50 miles from home, in the Susquehanna, and then return home. Anyone finding it would never go to the trouble of doing a recovery and it would never be tied to the DA of Centre County.

RFG could have ordered a replacement drive, returned it to the county on retirement.

To me, the drive could have nothing to do with the disappearance.

Your right J.J. it could have nothing to do with his disappearance , to others it could hold the key to this mystery.

Your right J.J. it could have nothing to do with his disappearance , to others it could hold the key to this mystery.

It probably would if RFG walked away. Since nobody can read the hard drive, we can't tell. I just don't see anything too nefarious in it.

He talked to people about how to destroy the data about a year prior to his disappearance.

It be very much inclined to say that RFG was murdered if LE looked at the possible ways he could have left Lewisburg, and found nothing.

I've always wondered if he didn't get caught up in some online scam, in which a woman lures a man to meet her somewhere, and then robs/murders the man.....and/or......if he met someone online and split to start a new life elsewhere..............??

Don't know if this helps with this theory, but the laptop did not have a wireless connection.

RFG had used the laptop as a home computer prior to getting his desktop, but he had the desktop as his home computer for about five months prior to his disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member