PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Sandusky was well-known in 1998. Agreed.

Agreed. Charity known
Agreed. Fits profile.

Unknown whether Gricar saw house, or window to playground.

RFG lived in State College for a number of years and his by then ex-wife worked at PSU.

Unknown whether or not Gricar was pursuing the case.

No suggestion that he had been.

RFG lived in State College for a number of years and his by then ex-wife worked at PSU.

No suggestion that he had been.

RG should have known the street address, but there is no evidence that he viewed the house.

We don't know what was on the laptop. Unless you know what was on the laptop, it would be a hasty determination to conclude one way or the other.

RG should have known the street address, but there is no evidence that he viewed the house.

We don't know what was on the laptop. Unless you know what was on the laptop, it would be a hasty determination to conclude one way or the other.

It wasn't that big of a town; I actually did live there at the time RFG was living there.

I don't know that this has to do with the laptop?

It wasn't that big of a town; I actually did live there at the time RFG was living there.

I don't know that this has to do with the laptop?

It's large enough that not everyone knows everyone. Very likely that Gricar knew of Sandusky in the 80s and 90s. Certainly, Gricar was more familiar with him by 2000.

The laptop is the most likely place (mo) for Gricar to have stored a compilation of data on Sandusky and/or PSU, or another important case.

Stupid question: Can someone please tell me the correct pronunciation of Gricar?

Stupid question: Can someone please tell me the correct pronunciation of Gricar?

Not at all stupid.

GREE-ker.

Greeker.

Like someone more Greek than someone else.

Greek, Greeker, Greekest

I mispronounced it for a year.

Not at all stupid.

GREE-ker.

Greeker.

Like someone more Greek than someone else.

Greek, Greeker, Greekest

I mispronounced it for a year.

WOW! Thanks so much for the speedy response. I have been going back and forth between GRY-SAR, GRY-KAR and GRY-CHAR! Glad I asked-wasn't even close!

WOW! Thanks so much for the speedy response. I have been going back and forth between GRY-SAR, GRY-KAR and GRY-CHAR! Glad I asked-wasn't even close!

I was going GRI-car, and will still slip into it occasionally.

Interesting Sandusky quote: "I am innocent of those charges," the 67-year-old Sandusky said. "... I could say that I have done some of those things. I have horsed around with kids I have showered after workouts. I have hugged them and I have touched their legs without intent of sexual contact."

Sounds eerily familiar to the 1998 explanation that resulted in charges being dropped.

Interesting Sandusky quote: "I am innocent of those charges," the 67-year-old Sandusky said. "... I could say that I have done some of those things. I have horsed around with kids I have showered after workouts. I have hugged them and I have touched their legs without intent of sexual contact."

Read more: http://www.centredaily.com/2011/11/...innocence-in.html#disqus_thread#ixzz1djnDPN00

Bringing my post from the other thread:

SPORTS by BROOKS
RT @darrenrovell: Sandusky to Costas tonight on @RockCenterNBC:
"I have horsed around, showered, touched, but no sexual intent."

Me: In other words, he didn't mean to do it... he didn't intend for anything sexual to happen... it just happened. Accidentally! <<rolls eyes>>

I apologize if this has been posted previously or if there is a better picture in one of the previous threads but I saw the following CNN blog with a picture of the laptop and hard drive and thought it was worth sharing here.

blog-laptop.jpg

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/15/missing-da-investigated-sandusky-case/

Conflict of Interest--Madeira

Ex-DA: Case referred because of 'indirect' tie
By GENARO C. ARMAS— Associated Press
Posted: 2:34am on Nov 16, 2011; Modified: 3:15am on Nov 16, 2011

Read more: http://www.centredaily.com/2011/11/16/2988175/ex-da-case-referred-because-of.html#ixzz1dsWvAMkK

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — A former Pennsylvania county prosecutor said Tuesday he referred a report of alleged child sexual abuse by former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky in 2009 to state prosecutors because of an "indirect connection" to Sandusky's family.

Former Centre County District Attorney Michael Madeira told The Associated Press that he cited the apparent conflict of interest in passing the case to the state attorney general's office headed, at the time by now Gov. Tom Corbett.

Madeira declined to specify the tie to the Sandusky family.

"I reviewed it and I made the decision it needed to be investigated further," Madeira told the AP in a phone interview. "But the apparent conflict of interest created an impediment for me to those kinds of decisions."

I apologize if this has been posted previously or if there is a better picture in one of the previous threads but I saw the following CNN blog with a picture of the laptop and hard drive and thought it was worth sharing here.

blog-laptop.jpg

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/15/missing-da-investigated-sandusky-case/

Does anyone know if top computer forensic scientists took a crack at finding out whats on the hard drive now? If it was tested in 2005 the technology may be more improved at looking at these types of things now (6 yrs later). I always thought a water drenched hard drive would still be accessible to some extent, and the only way to truly kill it is to smash it to bits.

Does anyone know if top computer forensic scientists took a crack at finding out whats on the hard drive now? If it was tested in 2005 the technology may be more improved at looking at these types of things now (6 yrs later). I always thought a water drenched hard drive would still be accessible to some extent, and the only way to truly kill it is to smash it to bits.

In 2008, Kroll, a company that retrieved data from the space shuttle that burnt up over Texas, tried, and failed.

Water damage apparently is a killer for drives. The longest submerged period for a drive where they have had recovery, that I've read about, was two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee