PA PA - Richard Petrone, 35, & Danielle Imbo, 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jersey Girl for the contact info, but to be perfectly honest I find the telephone way too much hassle. Its very complicated to explain that you are calling from very far away, that you don't know the people involved, and that you came across the information on the internet.

It is so much easier for me to send links (some of which are quite long), that's why I mentioned I could not find, on the multiple and very well done sites, an email address. In some cases I send a possible tip to Crime Stoppers, only because some of their locations have email available.

I was previously aware that the New Jersey State Police have email - that's why I sent the tip to them. If you feel another organisation should be contacted (by telephone) please do so.

PonderingThings said:
It is so much easier for me to send links (some of which are quite long), that's why I mentioned I could not find, on the multiple and very well done sites, an email address.
Sorry, I read it too quickly. If I come across any e-mail addresses, I will post those as well.

It appears that the one year anniversary will be marked by a vigil. Here are the details from RichardPetrone.com:

WHEN: Sunday, February 19, 2006
WHERE: Abilene's @ 429 South Street in Philadelphia

Bring your hearts, candles, and signs with personal message. WE NEED YOUR SHOW OF SUPPORT! Please join us.

PonderingThings said:
I have emailed the New Jersey State Police Missing Person's Unit.
BTW, I just wanted to say that I think you definitely did the right thing by contacting the authorities. After all of this time, who knows where clues might turn up.

This case makes me nuts!!!! I think about Richard's and Danielle's disappearances EVERY DAY! I scour the web at least once a month, looking for unidentifieds all over the U.S., and even visit individual sites for morgue's and view photos, hoping and praying to find them.
This makes me so freakin' sick that their families and friends are going to have an anniversary of the most horrific kind......One whole year, 365 sleepless nights and tormenting days of not knowing what happened or where they are. This is so wrong! God, I pray there is a break in this case before the anniversary. No one should have an anniversary like this.

Update:

I didn't get any kind of confirmation that my email was received by the New Jersey State Police so I gave in and called the Crime Commission number.

It was a very confusing phone conversation (I got flustered) but eventually the man offered his email address and I sent the information there. He told me they'd look into it. I declined any code number for the reward as that was not the purpose of my call.

I have heard nothing back from either. Since I also verbally told them what newspaper the article appeared in I'm confident they have the info and will either track it down to identify him, or eliminate this man as a candidate.

I'm not sure what a "case discussion" thread is. Is the format or the rules different than what we've being doing on this thread?

JerseyGirl said:
I'm not sure what a "case discussion" thread is. Is the format or the rules different than what we've being doing on this thread?
Please keep in mind as you read this that I am not trying to be bossy but, in response to your question, I am just passing on the same info I was given in hopes it might help avoid problems for people later, as case discussion in the wrong threads has been known to cause problems between families of the missing and Websleuths posters in the past.

Info and Support threads are for posting news links and supporting familes of missing persons but no case discussion is supposed to take place in the info & support threads. That's because it can be hard on the families to read some of the speculations that are often part of case discussions. So there is a Case Discussion section for all the missing/located threads to use to discuss the case itself. That's why the "Missing/Located Forum Discussion" section has the description under the title "This is the place for case discussion and opinion regarding all cases on the Missing/Located Forums" and the Info & Support forums such as "Missing but Not Forgotten" thread has the description "This Forum is for Information and Family Support of those Missing but not forgotten."

One of the moderators posted, in this thread, a reminder about the purpose of the sections at:
http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=521666&postcount=2

I hope this info helps you.

Oh, okay - I know what you're referring to. Unfortunately, the different sections seem to overlap and many of us, including myself, get confused as to which is which.

At this point there are five different threads for this case - two in Missing/Located Forum Discussion, one in Missing but not Forgotten, one in Crimes in the News, and one in Missing Persons Information and Support. The Missing Persons Information and Support is the section that I believed was reserved for family-appropriate discussions.

In any case, this thread has been going on for 11 months with at least one family member involved and hasn't seemed to be a problem up to this point. If it's becoming a problem for anyone, I guess we could try to move everyone over to one of the other threads since there is that other thread in Missing/Located Forum Discussion and 1 in Crimes in the News, rather than starting yet another one, (although I certainly do appreciate your effort). I just worry that if we start yet another thread after all of this time, people are going to get frustrated trying to remember where they can say what, and then stop posting altogether.

Well, here are the links for the older discussion threads:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - Seeking help for Search Party for Missi

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - Young couple disappears

Maybe we should request getting all of these threads combined into just two - one for information and support (family) and one for discussion. I also wish that the categories here at WS were clearer - I've seen this misunderstanding become an issue time and time again - even when it doesn't need to be. Maybe just a slight change in wording or re-categorizing ...

JerseyGirl said:
Oh, okay - I know what you're referring to. Unfortunately, the different sections seem to overlap and many of us, including myself, get confused as to which is which. ...
I agree. Changes would be nice. I personally would rather the Info and Support sections were moved to the bottom of the Websleuths site page and the Case Discussion thread was at the top so that new case discussion threads which are usually opened at the top of the list would be opened in the proper section.

As to this thread having been here a long time: Good :)
I myself don't have a problem with it. Sometimes I see a thread in one of the top three Support threads that has no corresponding Case Discussion thread and I decide to create a thread there just in case it might prove helpful or because I was thinking of discussing the case myself.

docwho3 said:
As to this thread having been here a long time: Good :)
I myself don't have a problem with it. Sometimes I see a thread in one of the top three Support threads that has no corresponding Case Discussion thread and I decide to create a thread there just in case it might prove helpful or because I was thinking of discussing the case myself.
That's a good idea. WS can be an amazing resource for families that are suffering. I can't imagine living with the experiences that some of these families are living with. And to search the Internet for help only to stumble across graphic conversations must be unbearably painful. Thanks for being sensitive to that. :)

This Sunday is the one year anniversary of their disappearance. God bless the families during this awful time.

has it come to bear that the ex husband or lover was responsible for the disappearances? i havnet followed this case, but it sounds like a double murder, where is the car?? and how come no one is talking?

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/13903511.htm

Imbo was estranged from her husband and had been dating Petrone, a friend since high school, for almost a year. Shortly before she and Petrone disappeared, Imbo told both men she didn't want to spend her life with either of them, her relatives and friends said.

With that in mind, detectives have probed the possibility that one of her beaus was behind the disappearances.

They've also kept an eye on the Delaware River, with the help of marine units on both banks, theorizing that the couple and their truck could be in the river, whether by accident or criminal design.

But they have no leading theory, Johnson said.
Much more at link

PonderingThings said:
"... [Danielle] Imbo's brother and mother moved into her house to care for Joe, reluctant to disrupt the baby's routine and hoping for her homecoming.

But the days dragged on.

Petrone and Imbo didn't come home. With waning hopes, Petrone's parents hired someone to replace their son in the bakery. Joe's uncle and grandmom invited Imbo's estranged husband to return home to raise his son so they could focus on their search..."

I've always wondered how that came to pass.

JerseyGirl said:
I can't believe it's been a year. :(

How sad. I wish they had finally gotten some answers. I wish I could have attended the vigil since I live so close but I am sick. My prayers go out to both families and I hope they get some answers soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214