PA PA - Richard Petrone, 35, & Danielle Imbo, 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wenchie said:
No announcement today about the identity.

I wonder why?
I emailed local news reporter who did initial story and no news, here is the correspondence:

No. Police still have nothing new to announce.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 7:46 PM
To: Campisi, Gloria
Subject: No news on body

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20094

We have heard an update on the body found in the New Jersey Pine lands on your website today...did we miss it?

Thank you and kind regards,
Christine

wenchie said:
Rich could be buried somewhere close by.

I guess there's nothing real for us to speculate about until the identity is announced.

I just can't get over that the area is right near where Routes 70 and 72 intersect - one of them being a route to the ex-husband's town.
Is the husband actually from Tom's River or was he just staying with family there? Either way, it is an odd coincidence.

wenchie said:
No announcement today about the identity.
I wonder why?
I know, I was checking all day long. You don't want it to be, but in a way you want whatever will bring out the truth and provide some closure - if it were the worst case scenario. I hope this discovery gives answers to some waiting family.

dmvpenn said:
Hey Jersey Girl,

It has been awhile since I posted. My life got a bit turned upside down. But sad to say, still no news on Richard and Danielle. The Feds are still investigating, but.. are reluctant to share what they know. They are on to something... but

Thanks for the prayers.
I sincerely hope that you are okay. As you can see, so many of us think about you and your family every day. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Feds are onto something solid, and that you will have the answers soon.

Checking all day too, even checking Pine Barrens Forums, but nothing. What's worse? My heart goes out to these families. After this much time with no credit card, bank, or cell phone activity, it's hard to think of a scenario where they could still be alive. And if something happened to them by another's hands, then they need to be found so that person cannot be left to walk around freely. So awful! Hope there's word soon.

JerseyGirl said:
Is the husband actually from Tom's River or was he just staying with family there? Either way, it is an odd coincidence.

I don't remember, but I'm sure that someone else on this forum will know.

What I remember is that Tom's River is where he was that night, and that he'd have to pass that area of woods when he was coming or going from there to either Mt. Laurel or Philly.

I'm hoping that these families get an answer soon: what a terrible thing the not knowing must be.

I'm not familiar with the area where this dam is. Is anyone else? Is there deep water around it?

I wonder if any more searching is being done there.

wenchie said:
I don't remember, but I'm sure that someone else on this forum will know.

What I remember is that Tom's River is where he was that night, and that he'd have to pass that area of woods when he was coming or going from there to either Mt. Laurel or Philly.

I'm hoping that these families get an answer soon: what a terrible thing the not knowing must be.

I'm not familiar with the area where this dam is. Is anyone else? Is there deep water around it?

I wonder if any more searching is being done there.
Here's a link to a map of where the body was found. This was posted on another forum by someone who talked to the person who found the body. It's an area with multiple bogs, and the construction worker drove on a road between the bogs looking to answer a call of nature. He saw an arm protruding, and subsequently, he and other workers went and dug a little to verify that what they were seeing was actually what they were seeing and then called 911. I also heard that as of yesterday, the area was still blocked from the public and being searched.
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=18&n=4416382&e=538748&s=25&size=l&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25
You can zoom out from the map area by clicking on the left "view scale" and changing it to 1:100,000 and 'update map.' This will show you the relation to 70 and 72 to where the body was.

Possibly they are not announcing it because if there is evidence/id they want to interview the husband again to see if he squirms..........I just can't see Richard being responsible something would have turned up- the truck, him .....this is sooo horrible and senseless...why do people think murder is the way out........

I can't get google earth to work on this pc, but it looks like it's close to an area I'm scheduled to go camping at next weekend - Pakim Pond.

I don't think I want to go there now.

State Police close to identifying body found in forest

Friday, April 28, 2006

WOODLAND - Investigators are confident they will be able to identify a body found badly decomposed in a state forest because of its medical-related evidence.

The State Police is not commenting on the type of evidence other than it was discovered during the autopsy and provides a strong lead to determining the person's identity and next of kin.

The body - a woman about 5 feet, 4 inches, wearing a white tank top and blue jeans - was discovered Monday morning in a 12-inch deep grave by contractors working on a dam in the Brendan T. Byrne State Forest.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060428/NEWS01/60428004/1006

Any news yet? I am suprised they haven't announced anything since they seem to know whose body they found.

Like you all I am checking this thread everyday for some news about Danielle and Robert.
Hope we hear something soon on the resent remains that were found.

Unfortunately, wenchie, the pinelands hides many dead bodies, so there probably isn't an area without someone buried nearby. That's just the reality of hundreds of acres of unpopulated woodlands.

The police have been more than quiet on this body, and the news isn't even covering it anymore...

I supposed what you say is true, going all the way back to colonial days - but their family's pain is over.

Whoever this is, it's more recent, and raw.

I wasn't trying to diminish the severity of the families' pain, just trying to comment that its virtually impossible to go camping without ending up probably near a body somewhere...

I know.

It's something that you leave in your unconscious when you're back there with all that beauty.

When I do think about it, I think of the Philadelphia mobsters who used to dump their victims there years & years ago.

I just feel so badly for whoever this young woman is, and it brings up the age-old question: why? why? why?

What makes some people feel that they have the RIGHT to take someone else's life away from them?

I agree. And that's a reason I'm so incensed the news isn't even covering it anymore.

I believe people do these things because they can - there really isn't any consequences for violence anymore. Prisons are often more comfortable than the lifestyle they currently leave. Heck, free cable, free room and board, free education, free medical care - thats better than I've lived at times!!

I don't think it's being intentionally ignored.

I think that there's a reason why LE is keeping it close to their vests at this time.

wenchie said:
I don't think it's being intentionally ignored.

I think that there's a reason why LE is keeping it close to their vests at this time.

I feel the same. If it is Danielle who they found maybe they are trying to put the pieces together and figure out what could have happened to Richard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme