PA PA - Richard Petrone 35 & Danielle Imbo 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt the truck went to a chop shop if that happened. It probably directly to the crusher if there was a hit, because the truck's VIN will be on many parts and it's not worth the risk to sell the parts.

Do chop shops have crushers to get rid of parts they can't get the VIN off of? Either way, I think the vehicle went to an illegal auto disposal enterprise.

Do chop shops have crushers to get rid of parts they can't get the VIN off of? Either way, I think the vehicle went to an illegal auto disposal enterprise.
A car crusher is huge and expensive, often located at larger junkyards.
A chop shop could be located at a junkyard, have a deal with a junkyard, etc. to use a crusher or a shredder.
A shredder like this:

I actually used to work with the husband. I didn't know him that well, but definitely enough through conversations with him and observing the way he was around others to form a pretty decent impression of him. He was really just a down to earth, nice and pleasant dude. Now, I know you can never really know anybody too well or what they may be capable of. But, if I had to bet on it, I would seriously say there is a 99.9% chance that he had nothing to do with it

So far as I know, there has been none. The last thing I heard was a federal grand jury, but that was at least 5 years ago.
I didn’t remember hearing that until you mentioned it here. I tried looking for any info on that but I literally found nothing except for a sentences in 1 article. And I think a commenter said it was tight lipped.

During my quick search, I read article from quite a few years ago that was written after the murder for hire theory but prob close to the same time. A detective stated they believed they had to be in the water. I’ve never been anywhere near that area so I can’t give my opinion but I’m pretty sure they have done many searches without finding anything related.

It would be great to hear an update or to even hear something, anything from LE saying the case is still being worked on.

Snipped for emphasis only:

During my quick search, I read article from quite a few years ago that was written after the murder for hire theory but prob close to the same time. A detective stated they believed they had to be in the water. I’ve never been anywhere near that area so I can’t give my opinion but I’m pretty sure they have done many searches without finding anything related.

They have done a lot of searches, but there is a lot of water (or wadder as we say in Philly). The Delaware river is fully navigable in Philadelphia, even by battleships; the USS New Jersey is docked across the river. Some of the tributaries are more than deep enough to hide a truck.

It is possible that the truck could have gone into the water, by accident or design, and not be found.

It is just as possible that the truck was cut up in a chop shop or even be parked in a garage someplace.

Snipped for emphasis only:

They have done a lot of searches, but there is a lot of water (or wadder as we say in Philly). The Delaware river is fully navigable in Philadelphia, even by battleships; the USS New Jersey is docked across the river. Some of the tributaries are more than deep enough to hide a truck.

It is possible that the truck could have gone into the water, by accident or design, and not be found.

It is just as possible that the truck was cut up in a chop shop or even be parked in a garage someplace.

JJ-I have considered the possibility that the truck accidently entered the water someplace, but have never given it much weight. I still think that the truck was chopped, and I still think that the police officer husband was involved. I believe he knows what happened. I cannot believe that there are so many people who can live with themselves, after harming another person, in this world.

I wonder if - since the FBI says it was a murder for hire - that Richard Petrone was the actual target, and not Danielle? They haven't given out much info, I am sure there is more that we haven't seen

I wonder if - since the FBI says it was a murder for hire - that Richard Petrone was the actual target, and not Danielle? They haven't given out much info, I am sure there is more that we haven't seen

I wondered about that too-and think that while it’s possible, it isn’t as likely as if she was the target, and Richard was collateral damage. But I suppose it could be-we don’t know much about him and his life. I think it’s less likely, because it’s rare for a person to engender that kind of response, but it is unfortunately quite common for a man to kill his wife when she wants out.

Last edited:
My recollection is that Richard was friendly with his daughter's mom, whereas Danielle was NOT friendly with her ex husband. That's why most think Danielle was the intended target.

Too clean, unless someone talks, I don't think they'll ever be found, I hope Im wrong.

Im sure it has been done, but with a missing persons case you have to dig deep into the missing persons background(s)

Need to answer a lot of questions, and sometimes that gives you a clue as to which way to look, sometimes it goes nowhere .

Start close its usually there

theres always the oddball chance (albeit slim) they drove into a body of water accidentally as well

Last edited:
Too clean, unless someone talks, I don't think they'll ever be found, I hope Im wrong.

Im sure it has been done, but with a missing persons case you have to dig deep into the missing persons background(s)

Need to answer a lot of questions, and sometimes that gives you a clue as to which way to look, sometimes it goes nowhere .

Start close its usually there

I think that digging is why they are looking at Danielle as the target and Richard as “collateral damage”, but someone here recently said that maybe Richard was the target...not sure if LE has examined that perspective too readily yet. And it’s been a long time, so whatever might have been there could be long gone. As you said, someone has to talk. Speaking of talking, isn’t that how LE started looking at the local “chop shops”?

(snipped by me)

theres always the oddball chance (albeit slim) they drove into a body of water accidentally as well

That’s why I’m curious about their EZ Pass/driving habits. It’s really hard to drive into the water from the 2 most likely bridges (Walt Whitman & Ben Franklin), and there’s no good reason to take Burlington-Bristol or Betsy Ross if they intended to go straight from South St to the general Mt Laurel area. I think it’s possible they are in the water - just not accidentally.

I hope someone can correct me if I’m wrong about the ease of accidentally driving into water near BF/WW bridges. More likely to accidentally veer off by WW, right? MOO.

I followed this years ago and I’d like to jump back in. Do we know their driving patterns - ie did they tend to use the Ben Franklin or Walt Whitman?
That’s why I’m curious about their EZ Pass/driving habits. It’s really hard to drive into the water from the 2 most likely bridges (Walt Whitman & Ben Franklin), and there’s no good reason to take Burlington-Bristol or Betsy Ross if they intended to go straight from South St to the general Mt Laurel area. I think it’s possible they are in the water - just not accidentally.

I hope someone can correct me if I’m wrong about the ease of accidentally driving into water near BF/WW bridges. More likely to accidentally veer off by WW, right? MOO.

Thats if he even had an EZ pass then

Im from Philly myself , it would be tough to do that un noticed on either bridge

from south street the most likely route is either up 95 and over the Tacony to 73

or over the WW and up 295 to Mount Laurel

i think too many are focused on South Philly, where there would be a lot of potential witnesses

NJ is more open, less a chance of being seen

its also possible they were abducted , then someone returned and moved the truck

theres a hundred possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member