PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know these stories rarely have a happy ending, but I am glad that there is closure for Shane's family.

Plus it's still strange to me that ALL of his friends, and cousin, went home that night without a worry in the world for Shane. Why? Did they know he went with someone else afterwards? Was he supposed to be staying with someone else who was not a part of the group who went out that night? I mean, obviously NONE of them feel any sort of concern over him being missing/not being there at the end of the night. Why? And I do NOT say this meaning they did something. But why are the not concerned that night?

They're local and they know his battery dies a lot. Its not like they're out in an area they don't know. I'm sure they figured he caught up to some other people or went home and his phone was dead.

I'm so sad, even though we knew this was a string possibility. Rest in peace,Shane and prayers to his family. Thank you to those of you that volunteered to search,and those that did exhaustive research on the area.

Rest in peace, Shane and may your family find solace. I hope no stone is left unturned in terms of autopsy and investigation into potential foul play. God speed.

Kevin and Jonesy (and of course Shane's family and friends), please accept my condolences. I can't even imagine. I wish things had been different. :-(

And TY DetPac.

Does anyone know the
distance from Kildares to Manayunk Brewery Company?

eta: brewery/brewing

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

He was found by the Garfen State recovery team and the parents confirmed it was Shane

About three blocks Kildare's is 4400 Msin Shane was found in the 4100 block of Main St

They're local and they know his battery dies a lot. Its not like they're out in an area they don't know. I'm sure they figured he caught up to some other people or went home and his phone was dead.

I agree. Normally, this group knew other people (that's how their neighborhood is there), so it was not unusual for one of them to go in a different direction, while out on the town. Shane's MO was to travel with a uncharged phone, so that was nothing unusual. These are 21 year old males, who might not stick together like 21 year old females, so I can't lay a guilt trip on the friends. It is natural to want to find blame somewhere for a senseless accident (if it is found that way), but I don't think blame to the friends is necessary. The friends and family already have a tough loss. The bar will probably be highly scrutinized, as they should be.

Sorry hard to type with a cracked screen

I'm so sad to read this. RIP Shane and I will keep family and friends in my prayers.

Another young man leaves a bar and ends up in a river???! So sad to hear. :(
Prayers for his family and friends.

Sorry hard to type with a cracked screen

Please tell us who we need to talk to to get you a new phone issued. It seems you're a dedicated detective and your unit is lucky to have you. Thank you for taking your time to share with us. Hugs and prayers for everyone involved.

So I always said from the beginning that, in order for me to believe he fell into the water accidentally, he would have had to of done it from a higher point over deeper water. And I've often mentioned the train track bridge. Wonder whereabouts he was found in relation to it as it's right behind the brewery? Did he come back out of the lot and walk down the tracks towards the brewery and it wasn't caught on camera? Was he walking along the tracks and fell in down at that area?? Or did he go in from that foot path closer to the brewery below, that someone pointed out on here long ago? So sad.

bar.jpg

I am certainly no expert but the keys were found in another location which would tell me that was the point of entry. Is it possible the he floated down to the area where he was found?
So I always said from the beginning that, in order for me to believe he fell into the water accidentally, he would have had to of done it from a higher point over deeper water. And I've often mentioned the train track bridge. Wonder whereabouts he was found in relation to it as it's right behind the brewery? Did he come back out of the lot and walk down the tracks towards the brewery and it wasn't caught on camera? Was he walking along the tracks and fell in down at that area?? So sad.

bar.jpg

Rest in peace, Shane and may your family find solace. I hope no stone is left unturned in terms of autopsy and investigation into potential foul play. God speed.
So sad to hear this. Was somehow hoping for a miracle. I am glad the family have brought Shane home, but have to agree with Gonegirl that true closure will come from knowing what the heck happened to this poor kid. Hope the autopsy provides some answers. Maybe it can show how long he was in the water to determine if he drowned/ foul play. Not sure if the investigators can determine injury different from that sustained from the river, rocks, debris,etc. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

image.jpg
I think it would make sense if the point of entry was the parking lot.
He is found a quarter a mile downstream, where the river bank juts out.
I believe in these divers for sure, but how was he missed in such a short area to search
and it's narrower here and shallower.
5 weeks?... I'm confused.

I've been following this case quietly since Shane first went missing RIP Shane and much love to family, friends and all of you sleuthers who put so much work into this and continue to do so.
I'm so sad at the outcome but grateful he is returning to his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back