PA PA - Shelley Luty, 19, Upper Darby, 23 Aug 1982

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know for sure, but I would think she would have been wearing her work uniform. A white short sleeved dress that zipped up the front, a black apron, and black/white sneakers. I was to young to recall, I only know what I've been told.

Also, the car had previously been in an accident and had the front end replaced with the front end of a different model car. Which would have stuck out to anyone who knows something about cars. I'm sure someone probably noticed the car somewhere at some point, however a lot of the time people don't know they should be looking for what they see.

At this point, my mother has been gone for the last 28 years of my life. I can barely remember her, but I think about her every day. Every birthday, holiday, every milestone of my life I've had an unspoken sadness that weighs upon my heart. My mother is one of many missing, but she's not just a number. "Mother is the word of God on the lips of all children". She was my mother. She was my world. My life has not been, nor will ever be right without her. My biggest wish is that someday I'll know what became of her.

With all the missing people in this world it's easy to feel discouraged. I believe in karma, and believe justice will or may already have come to whoever took my mother away. All I want to know is where to find her. She deserves a proper resting place, and my family and I need closure. If anyone out there thinks they may have any information, even if it seems coincidental or insignificant, pleas report it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shelley,

Please know I am so very sorry for your pain.

My prayers are with you and that you may someday know what happened to your dear mom.

Again, I am so, so sorry.

We are now band together to get closure for my Sister Shelley Diane Luty who went missing on August 23 1982 Does anyone know where a old house like building with an attic that you can see the woods from in Arlington Cemetary or Nailor park does anyone know where this could be if at all in that area.

wHEN A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY IS MISSING OR KILLED OR BOTH A PIECE OF YOU LEAVES WITH THEM . FOREVER CHANGED ARE YOU WITH THE DISBELIEF THAT SOMEONE CAN HAVE A LIFE AND JUST DISAPPEAR LIKE THEY NEVER WERE REAL AND HOW DOES A FAMILY HAVE SO MANY MEMORIES AND SO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS EARTH THAT SOMEONE KNOWS WHERE SHE IS. JUST TELL SOMEONE ANYONE SO THAT WE CAN GIVE HER THE LOVE AND RESPECT THAT SHE DESERVES AND GIVE HER DAUGHTER THE CLOSURE SHE DESPERATELY NEEDS.

wHEN A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY IS MISSING OR KILLED OR BOTH A PIECE OF YOU LEAVES WITH THEM . FOREVER CHANGED ARE YOU WITH THE DISBELIEF THAT SOMEONE CAN HAVE A LIFE AND JUST DISAPPEAR LIKE THEY NEVER WERE REAL AND HOW DOES A FAMILY HAVE SO MANY MEMORIES AND SO MANY PEOPLE ON THIS EARTH THAT SOMEONE KNOWS WHERE SHE IS. JUST TELL SOMEONE ANYONE SO THAT WE CAN GIVE HER THE LOVE AND RESPECT THAT SHE DESERVES AND GIVE HER DAUGHTER THE CLOSURE SHE DESPERATELY NEEDS.

We are now band together to get closure for my Sister Shelley Diane Luty who went missing on August 23 1982 Does anyone know where a old house like building with an attic that you can see the woods from in Arlington Cemetary or Nailor park does anyone know where this could be if at all in that area.

Sharon, Do you mean Park Naylor? I'm not from DC but looked it up. That's a residential neighborhood. I'm not sure how far from Arlington cem that is, but maybe map quest could help.

Please know I am so very sorry. I'm sorry for your pain. I can not say I know how you feel, but it must be awful. That's good you are sticking together as a family. I'll send up prayers and good vibes you can get answers. No doubt someone here can help you with the Washington stuff. Has a psychic or something helped you?

Oh there's Naylor's Run Park in Upper Darby. Maybe they meant that? I don't know Delco too well. I just looked it up. I have heard people say "Upper Darby Park" and they mean that.

I can't speak for the rest of the family and their religious beliefs. My beliefs allow me to be open to working with psychics, and any other means that uphold the oath to do no harm. If anyone can recommend someone that would be a welcome gesture as far as I'm concerned.

Jenny,

My prayers are with you. You deserve to know what has become of your mom. I can't imagine growing up, always wondering where she is....

Do you know if LE has your mom's case as an active investigation?

Sharon, My prayers are also with you. Your family deserves closure.

Do you know if they have ever compared any unidentified remains to Shelley? Has the family given DNA?

Again, so sorry for your family... I hope your family has answers soon!!

Jenny and Sharon, I'm so sorry for your loss -- I can't imagine what it must be like to live with this kind of question for so many years.

I think who ever did this to my Aunt and left my family with a giant question mark especially her daughter will suffer the worst punishment of all and thats the wrath and the punishment that they will receive from GOD ,It just be so nice to finally have some closure I wish that someone would just leave a annymous tip on where she is so this could finally lay to rest

Jenny, Sharon, and Mish welcome; I hope you have some answers soon. I did find Naylor's Run Park, in Upper Darby, http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Naylo...=&startPage=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl about 1.7 miles from the diner, and 1.5 miles from 69th St. Terminal. Don't know this area well, satellite map appears to show homes on Beverly Blvd that could be visible from the park. Is the park or the home an area of interest in Shelley's disappearance?

i KNOW THIS IS WEIRD BUT SHELLEY IS CONTINOUSLY VISITING A FAMILY MEMBER AND TRYING TO SHOW THAT PERSON WHERE SHE IS. O GOD PLEASE LET US FIND HER SHE KEEPS SAYING PLEASE TELL THEM WHERE I'M AT I'M SO TIRED :(

That's not weird at all. JMO, but those are visits. Some people may say it's wishful thinking or stress. I truly believe our loved ones come and ask for our help or come and give help.

DEAR FILLY,

NO PSYCHIC HAS HELPED US AT ALL AND I APPRECIATE THE INFO AND KIND WORDS. :angel:

O.K. I see now, Sharon. I am sorry. I didn't mean to imply you all definately had a psychic. I thought maybe by your asking about the park and Arlington you had.

Perhaps homes near that park in Upper Darby?

No harm in paying attention to those dreams.

Ya know what? Sharon, I just looked and there's Arlington Avenue in Upper Darby. For whatever reason you asked about Arlington cemetery and Naylor maybe it's actually all right in Upper Darby. Again, I don't know Delco too good, but it's possible. Also there's an Arlington Cemetery in Drexel Hill I just found. Not sure if you originally meant that or not.

You know what? This was all put in post #15. Sorry everyone for repeating it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KTlynn21
Back