GUILTY PA - Sherry Leighty, 21, Altoona, 1 October 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Keep us posted of any/all replies! I'm tracking everything so we can have a master document to know who we've solicited for help and their response, etc. Kind of like a check list of sorts... TY

Will do.

Any help I can offer, I'm willing. I hate to admit this here but I used to work for a collection agency. I can find almost anyone..

Let me know if needed.

I was told Sherry tried to file for divorce but he would't sign.

So IMO its possible that the divorce went through so quickly because she already filed. I'm assuming all he did was go ahead and sign.

I will be contacting Blair Co this afternoon and will post an update on what I find out.

Do the parents still live in the same house? I'm curious if there was any permitted work or construction work at their house around that time. I skimmed through & saw that they own property in another county as well. It would be intersting to know the same about that location. Is the property in the other county a house, or just land?

Do the parents still live in the same house? I'm curious if there was any permitted work or construction work at their house around that time. I skimmed through & saw that they own property in another county as well. It would be intersting to know the same about that location. Is the property in the other county a house, or just land?

Yes, they still reside in the house. The other property is acres of land in another county where they go to hunt & camp at.

So IMO its possible that the divorce went through so quickly because she already filed. I'm assuming all he did was go ahead and sign.

I will be contacting Blair Co this afternoon and will post an update on what I find out.

Right, I was thinking this same thing. She had filed and everything was ready, all he had to do was sign. BUT I'd be interested in what he said to the judge before the judge signed off on it about why mom was absent from even wanting visitation with the children in the divorce. HINKY OH SO HINKY!

So the courthouse wasn't much help as the lady said that I would have to come down to the courthouse for the divorce records. When I explained I lived in Iowa the lady nicely told, "I'll put it this way, I wouldn't tell anyone to come down if there wasn't any records". Hint hint.

Soooo IMO there is a record but don't quote me on that since I haven't actually had it in my hand.

So the courthouse wasn't much help as the lady said that I would have to come down to the courthouse for the divorce records. When I explained I lived in Iowa the lady nicely told, "I'll put it this way, I wouldn't tell anyone to come down if there wasn't any records". Hint hint.

Soooo IMO there is a record but don't quote me on that since I haven't actually had it in my hand.

So, anybody can pick up the records? Perhaps Shelly could go and pick it up if it is close to her.

Shells, are you near enough to drive to that courthouse ?

Shell, I know this is a long shot, but ... is there any chance that the ex's parents' car is still in the family -- meaning, handed down to a grandchild to use as a first car?

Yes, they still reside in the house. The other property is acres of land in another county where they go to hunt & camp at.

I would google/bing/whatever the 'acres of land' if I were you. May not find anything after all this time, but you may see an area that is 'different' or 'set aside'. It's worth a shot.

jmo

Shell, I know this is a long shot, but ... is there any chance that the ex's parents' car is still in the family -- meaning, handed down to a grandchild to use as a first car?

Jaime I can't even remember what vehicle they had at the time. For some reason I think his dad had a truck but I can't be certain and I don't know what they have now.

I would google/bing/whatever the 'acres of land' if I were you. May not find anything after all this time, but you may see an area that is 'different' or 'set aside'. It's worth a shot.

jmo

I don't know the exact location of the property so I don't think I'll be able to do a search.

I can go out to the courthouse on my day off next week. Will I be able to receive copy of it?

Yes. I informed them I was not family and they said that I would have to come in. I don't know if it matters that she was a missing person but I explained that as well.

Here's hoping there is something interesting enough in those divorce docs to get somebody looking around !

I read through the thread and did not see these questions asked. What line of work was the husband and boyfriend in? And what brought the boyfriend from Maine to Pennsylvania to begin with?

I read through the thread and did not see these questions asked. What line of work was the husband and boyfriend in? And what brought the boyfriend from Maine to Pennsylvania to begin with?

Yay! New eyes and good questions!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya
Back