GUILTY PA - Sherry Leighty, 21, Altoona, 1 October 1999

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess I am a cynic, it's hard to believe he never reported her missing. Never called her family. I'm not saying he had anything to do with it but I'm thinking he knew all along.

Well, case solved but I can't help that feel that the killers wife and son must have known. I hope that the police investigated thoroughly all those that may have been involved. Would love to know who told the son his mother was buried on the farm. And who else knew of this claim.

I just caught the end of the radio show and came to this thread. All I can is this:

Shelly, I am in awe of you and what you have accomplished for your sister. You never gave up and kept trying and your persistence has paid off. You are the true epitome of what a great sister really is. You have brought your family the answers they needed and your sister can finally rest in peace in a place of honor. Your sister's children will know that their mom abandoned them.

You have done what all of at WS would like to do which is to get a case solved, to bring a criminal to justice, to find the answers that grieving families need.

Truly i am in awe of you and what you have done. I know that this must have been extremely emotional for you and hard to deal with and I pray that you can find peace and happiness in knowing that you have worked a miracle. Bless you and your family as you mourn the loss of your beloved sister. I know that she is looking down on you with a smile as bright as the sunshine. With much admiration, Swampmama

Thanks so much, I will definitely be listening ~Shelly

I can only hope I did your family some justice, Shelly! My heart goes out to you and what you've done for Sherry. :heartbeat: May your journey give hope to the hundreds and thousands of people who have lost their loved ones and want to find some answers!

Rest In Peace Sherry.

Shelly, I am so thankful that you and your family now have answers about your sister, now she can be laid to rest as she deserves to and all of y'all including her children can have some sort of closure. I wish you had never had to go through any of this and your sister were here to watch her kids grow up, but unfortunately her life was ended way to young.

Shelly you are a wonderful sister. I wish you peace and healing. Your sister can finally be brought home and laid to rest. I hope you find the rest of your answers about what happened on her last day.

I can't say enough how thankful I am for all the support I received and still receiving from everyone here on this board. Just because Sherry was finally found, my fight is far from over but I know she will be with me all the way and giving me the strength I need to make it through. God bless

I can't say enough how thankful I am for all the support I received and still receiving from everyone here on this board. Just because Sherry was finally found, my fight is far from over but I know she will be with me all the way and giving me the strength I need to make it through. God bless

:) You're absolutely amazing .

It will be great if someone posts local news items re: the perpetrator's trial so that we can continue to follow the course of justice for the entire family.

Maybe the FB page will !
Hope all of Sherry's family is doing well right now, especially Shellz .
Justice is just around the corner now

It will be great if someone posts local news items re: the perpetrator's trial so that we can continue to follow the course of justice for the entire family.

Sorry things have been quiet thus far; still waiting to hear when they are releasing Sherry to me, the forensic anthropologist has had her since the day they found her....As far as the ex-father in law, there's a pre-trial hearing scheduled for the end of September & jury selection in November; that's about all I know at this point. I will definitely keep you posted & will also keep her facebook page updated as well
https://www.facebook.com/sherryjeanleighty

I'm so glad I have you guys to help me through this process & being there to listen to me. I just want you all to know I haven't forgotten about you & thanks for being there ((Hugs)) ~Shelly

Sorry things have been quiet thus far; still waiting to hear when they are releasing Sherry to me, the forensic anthropologist has had her since the day they found her....As far as the ex-father in law, there's a pre-trial hearing scheduled for the end of September & jury selection in November; that's about all I know at this point. I will definitely keep you posted & will also keep her facebook page updated as well
https://www.facebook.com/sherryjeanleighty

I'm so glad I have you guys to help me through this process & being there to listen to me. I just want you all to know I haven't forgotten about you & thanks for being there ((Hugs)) ~Shelly

Hugs to you and your family. It has to be frustrating to be so close to putting her to rest. Be sure to let us know if we can do ANYTHING!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't been here in a few months, so sorry to hear the news but I'm glad she was found.

Next month is the pre-trial hearing if they don't ask for a continuance. I will definitely be attending. I want him to see me there & know I am the reason he is where he is. This monster better never have the opportunity to walk free on this earth again. I want to thank everyone here for showing your support during all of this. I never gave up on my sister and finally will be able to put her to rest. ~Shelly

God will give you His peace (of spirit, of mind) during this time, kiddo. You are very brave to confront the evil. PEACE. Please let your sister's kids know that we are all praying for them, too. What a legacy.

Also it would be so amazing if , in the future, you can get to have a relationship with her kids. I'm sure they're so gutted over this. Prayers for healing to everyone !

Next month is the pre-trial hearing if they don't ask for a continuance. I will definitely be attending. I want him to see me there & know I am the reason he is where he is. This monster better never have the opportunity to walk free on this earth again. I want to thank everyone here for showing your support during all of this. I never gave up on my sister and finally will be able to put her to rest. ~Shelly

Shelly, you are your sister's :angel:

My thoughts and prayers are with you Shelly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaravpatel
Back