GUILTY PA - Timothy Piazza, 19, Dies In Penn State Frat Hazing, 2 Feb 2017 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with you that people should be held accountable for their own actions. Do you feel that hazing should be banned everywhere??

Sent from my SM

One quick post...not much time. I would say yes, or at the minimum, allow a very, very low kind of hazing, but nothing too destructive (carry bags, etc). If it comes to a yes or no, then YES, ban hazing. That is one reason I would never join a frat.

I understand the secrecy. (Don't agree with it.) But how can someone watch another human die? How can someone stand there and do nothing? Call 911.... something..... Who raised these people?
Oh I totally agree with you, I can't understand that myself it's like at what point does 1 of them snap out of it and start thinking as an individual with compassion and not thinking as a cold heartless group only out to protect said group? [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Was the advisor anywhere around when this happened?

The security webcams ! Of course !!! I can't believe I didn't clue in until now.

Every student and adult living at that fraternity house would have access on their smartphones as well as the app program on their computer. These security cam programs are designed so that a person can check their residence/rooms/garage anywhere on their smartphonel

Every single person that night could have seen what was occurring in every single room.

Except the basement webcam which, for some reason, was turned off that evening.

I am curious about the visible bruise from the first fall. That's awfully quick for a bruise to be visible on a camera! I'm wondering if there wasn't some stomach paddling or something during the gauntlet. I'm no doctor,.but that doesn't sound right, to me

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Good article with a timeline of events http://6abc.com/news/documents-detail-timeline-of-penn-state-frat-death/1976183/

I've been following this and I just cannot believe how many people just ignored how sick Tim was and didn't get him help. The poor kid slowly bled into his own belly, for crying out loud!
I really feel for his family. :(

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Me either. This is horrible and despicable, that poor boy. I know, he was a young man, but still..... :cry: Yes, crying, but mad as hell too at the poor excuses for human beings that could be so cruel and inhumane. :stormingmad:

The security webcams ! Of course !!! I can't believe I didn't clue in until now.

Every student and adult living at that fraternity house would have access on their smartphones as well as the app program on their computer. These security cam programs are designed so that a person can check their residence/rooms/garage anywhere on their smartphonel
Every single person that night could have seen what was occurring in every single room.
Except the basement webcam which, for some reason, was turned off that evening.

Every single person? In every single room? Respectfully IDK about that. Anyone see MSM to that effect? TiA

I am curious about the visible bruise from the first fall. That's awfully quick for a bruise to be visible on a camera! I'm wondering if there wasn't some stomach paddling or something during the gauntlet. I'm no doctor,.but that doesn't sound right, to me

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I'm questioning how a bruise could appear that quick as well. Did someone possibly write something with a marker on his abdomen? Maybe it wasn't completely removed and appeared to be a bruise.

Every single person? In every single room? Respectfully IDK about that. Anyone see MSM to that effect? TiA

Hi al66pine,

I failed to say "but not private rooms". My apologies.

Common rooms, halls, kitchen, lobby, basement all typically set up for security cameras. Also outside and garages.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, every single person living at that fraternity house would have access on their smartphones as well as the app program on their computer. They would all have the security code to "log on".

From article below:

"The Beta Theta Pi fraternity house, where the 19-year-old Piazza died, had an extensive surveillance system, enabling police in State College to secure potential video evidence from the party."

"Philly.com reported on Monday that the fraternity had installed an "extensive" surveillance system several years ago, which Damon Sims, Penn State's vice president for student affairs, said was "quite unusual."

"What we know is that this was a hazing ritual and it involved the gross misuse of alcohol," Sims said Monday of the video, which has been described to him. "These men were made to ingest enormous amounts of alcohol.... To my knowledge, this is the first time that has happened in a chapter house where there was a sophisticated surveillance system."

"Sims said it was “quite unusual” for a fraternity house to have that level of surveillance. The equipment was part of an extensive renovation several years ago."
http://www.philly.com/philly/education/party.html

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2017/04/fraternity_seeks_return_of_vid.html

The basement cameras were turned off that evening.

Did the entire hazing event take place in the basement? I'm hoping there's plenty of surveillance filmage, Zen.
Who would have access or authority to turn the basement surveillance system off? Smells like possible *Premeditation* if it was turned off.....in an odd sort of way.

Hi al66pine,

I failed to say "but not private rooms". My apologies.

Common rooms, halls, kitchen, lobby, basement all typically set up for security cameras. Also outside and garages.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, every single person living at that fraternity house would have access on their smartphones as well as the app program on their computer. They would all have the security code to "log on".

From article below:

"The Beta Theta Pi fraternity house, where the 19-year-old Piazza died, had an extensive surveillance system, enabling police in State College to secure potential video evidence from the party."

"Philly.com reported on Monday that the fraternity had installed an "extensive" surveillance system several years ago, which Damon Sims, Penn State's vice president for student affairs, said was "quite unusual."

"What we know is that this was a hazing ritual and it involved the gross misuse of alcohol," Sims said Monday of the video, which has been described to him. "These men were made to ingest enormous amounts of alcohol.... To my knowledge, this is the first time that has happened in a chapter house where there was a sophisticated surveillance system."

"Sims said it was “quite unusual” for a fraternity house to have that level of surveillance. The equipment was part of an extensive renovation several years ago."
http://www.philly.com/philly/education/party.html

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2017/04/fraternity_seeks_return_of_vid.html

Guess Adviser TB must not have been aware of the surveillance system since he was snuggled tightly in his room with no knowledge of drinking or a hazing party going on around him. Bottles thrown against the wall. Connected to the football culture and sleeps like a baby. Despite the hazing being planned well in advance and nearly $1100 dollars in alcohol brought into the house, nope, not me, don't know a thing.

A few background questions. Check online blogs.

I've been searching for the floorplan for the Beta Theta Pi at Penn, unsuccessfully. I thought I saw one the other day but I must be wrong. I was especially interested around the basement stairs (in the kitchen area?) where some areas are not filmed (according to testimony)

With the huge and extremely expensive renovation conducted in 2006, I was sure I would find a floorplan or photos of before and after but I can't.

I have found some photos inside the frat house in this:

http://onwardstate.com/2017/03/31/vision-for-penn-state-greeks/

Does the following mean that they were in the basement for one hour and 10 minutes (without being filmed) before they came back up the basement stairs. If so, what occurred during that one hour and 10 minutes?

Samuel Black was the last pledge to go down to the basement after the "shotgun station".

This time period of the pledges being in the basement, and not being filmed, must have concerned the Grand Jury because they expressed the "one hour and ten minutes". They must have thought it was important. This is just my opinion but it certainly looks that way to me.

From the Grand Jury presentment:

"#167. Grand Juror members saw no further gauntlet stations captured on camera; however, by 22:31 camera time (approximately one hour and ten minutes after Black concludes at the shotgun station) the tape shows pledges starting to return from the basement showing visible signs of intoxication."

Bolding by me

Did the entire hazing event take place in the basement? I'm hoping there's plenty of surveillance filmage, Zen.
Who would have access or authority to turn the basement surveillance system off? Smells like possible *Premeditation* if it was turned off.....in an odd sort of way.

Dear ATasteOfHoney,

The other gauntlets were upstairs and taped. However there appears to be a period of one hour and ten minutes (as stated by the Grand Jury) when the pledges were in the basement and, of course, not being filmed because the cameras down there were turned off.

Unfortunately the cameras had been turned off in the basement or we would know what occurred during that one hour and ten minutes.

I pray that the pledges open up to the police (even just one!) and tell what actually happened in the basement.

Sure does sound like premeditatation! Maybe not for manslaughter, but they knew they were going to be doing things they did NOT want proof of!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper