PA PA - Toni Sharpless, 29, Gladwyne, 23 Aug 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Missing Bud. I'm a little confused, or maybe Google earth isn't as good as being there. I can see the one boat dock, about 1/4 mile west of the 90 degree turn. Where is the second boat dock? The stretch of River road west of Mill Creek road. Has it be search? Does it have a guardrail?

Its probable that Toni went down Hollow Rd hoping to get on 76 West. When there was no entrance, it is any body's guess where she went. I think I would have stayed on River road West figuring eventually there would be an entrance west eventually. I've never been there so I can't be sure what I would do. The best clue we have is that the "Pings" stopped in the Gladwyne area. The most likely explaination is that she was in an accident somewhere near there. It could have been on any road a person might have taken, who was unfamiliar with the area and was trying to find a way back on 76 west.

If she was reasonably familiar with the neighborhood, she would probably know that Conshohocken State Road (23) goes to 76. When Eastbound 76 jams, it is a common escape route. There is also a gas station at the end and a McDonald's. There are places along it where she could have gone off the road, but I would have thought she would have been found by now.

kemo- You are correct. The first boat dock, where the search took place, is about a 1/4 mile from the first turn. The second entrance is all the way at the end where the road winds into what is almost a left turn. It appears to be almost an entrance to a camp ground. I only drove into that area to turn around. Tim used his equipment between the two spots.

luthersmama- As far as I know she didn't know the area at all. The McDonalds and gas station are not near as close as a map makes them look. At least ten minutes and multiple turns to navigate from Willie Green's house.

kemo- You are correct. The first boat dock, where the search took place, is about a 1/4 mile from the first turn. The second entrance is all the way at the end where the road winds into what is almost a left turn. It appears to be almost an entrance to a camp ground. I only drove into that area to turn around. Tim used his equipment between the two spots.

luthersmama- As far as I know she didn't know the area at all. The McDonalds and gas station are not near as close as a map makes them look. At least ten minutes and multiple turns to navigate from Willie Green's house.

If she frequently drove into Philadelphia, she might know that route. If she rarely went to Philadelphia, she probably would not. I drive past the gas station and McD's a couple times a month. Anyway, if she had gone off that road, I think she would have been found by now.

luthersmama- I agree. If she would have wrecked in the general vicinity she would have been found. I feel that she made it to 76.

Have you guys seen Steph Watts report, stephww.wordpress.com? He is reporting that Tim Miller plans on returning to the area to do a possible search near Camden NJ, where Toni was reportedly last seen.

luthersmama- I agree. If she would have wrecked in the general vicinity she would have been found. I feel that she made it to 76.

Have you guys seen Steph Watts report, stephww.wordpresd.com? He is reporting that Tim Miller plans on returning to the area to do a possible search near Camden NJ, where Toni was reportedly last seen.

I'm so happy Tim will be going back. I hope they can get more information or leads to conduct a wider scale search this time!

I tried to make a map that shows how she would go home if she took the Turnpike instead of 202 from 76. I couldn't get it to work. I think that the routes between the Downingtown interchange and her house should be searched. I did a partial search the week after she went missing, but I only covered a small portion of the potential area.

I tried to make a map that shows how she would go home if she took the Turnpike instead of 202 from 76. I couldn't get it to work. I think that the routes between the Downingtown interchange and her house should be searched. I did a partial search the week after she went missing, but I only covered a small portion of the potential area.

What is the turnpike number? I have a map saved and can edit the route and post tomorrow if you can provide the route detais such as where she would enter and exit certain streets and highways.

What is the turnpike number? I have a map saved and can edit the route and post tomorrow if you can provide the route detais such as where she would enter and exit certain streets and highways.

The Expressway actually becomes the Turnpike at the Valley Forge Interchange so the Route No. I76 continues.

In my scenario, Toni gets on the Turnpike, then exits at Downingtown. This is where I76 intersects Route 100. She turns north on 100. If she still needs gas, she goes about 3/4 of a mile to a Wawa, which is open 24/7. She then returns to Route 100 and turns west on Township Line Road.

That road becomes Dorlan Mill Road, which gets very gnarly at the western end.

If you look at the map, there are several different "back road" routes she could take from there. Those routes would be much less likely to be patrolled than route 322. If she was worried about getting caught, the back roads would be the way to go.

202, 30 and 322 are all heavily patrolled. The Turnpike is as well. But once off the Turnpike at Downingtown, she would be much less likely to get pulled over.

I would start at her house and work back to the Downingtown interchange. Maybe her friends have already done so?

luthersmama- I am not positive, but I believe that Toni's family and friends have searched that area. At least they planned to before Tim came to town and narrowed the search to the river.

Where do you think Toni originally got on 76? From Hollow there is no entry ramp going north. BTW I've been wondering how the locals pronounce the name of that river! OR but curious.

Where do you think Toni originally got on 76? From Hollow there is no entry ramp going north. BTW I've been wondering how the locals pronounce the name of that river! OR but curious.

She would have backtracked to City Line or taken 23 to Conshohocken.

The river and the Expressway are both pronounced "Scookill".

The quickest way for Toni to teach 76 west was to take 76 east, get off Green Lane/Belmont exit, turn left, then take another quick left back onto 76 west. Mapquest actually produces that route when asking for driving directions.

The quickest way for Toni to teach 76 west was to take 76 east, get off Green Lane/Belmont exit, turn left, then take another quick left back onto 76 west. Mapquest actually produces that route when asking for driving directions.

I was thinking about that on the way home. I was busy when I posted earlier. I would just take 23 myself, but I know the road. This raises the possibility that she missed the turn and crossed the bridge to Manayunk.

Did Toni have a GPS in her car that she might have been using. If she did using the same brand would give a good idea of what route she had taken ??? Just a thought

Did Toni have a GPS in her car that she might have been using. If she did using the same brand would give a good idea of what route she had taken ??? Just a thought

At this point, it seems like she either went into the river and just hasn't been found yet, or she did something illogical. If she made a wrong turn or decided to go across the river, she could be anywhere in North Philadelphia or Kensington or any number of other bad neighborhoods.

I believe that she would have been found by now if she actually got to the Expressway and headed straight home.

I did two runs of errands today and, although I wasn't on her likely route home, I kept an eye out. I live close enough so that if she was wandering around she could have ended up nearby. I did spot a car like hers at a shopping center but it was the wrong color and the tag didn't match.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back