PA PA - Toni Sharpless, 29, Gladwyne, 23 Aug 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
5 AM is correct. The text the was sent to her daughter around 3 AM was sent by Toni after she left the Philly club enroute to Willie Green's home. Assuming it takes around 20 minutes from Center City to Gladwyne, she spent about 1 and a half hours at Willie's until she was asked to leave which would have been roughly 5 AM.

It is my understanding that Toni's friends have coordinated searches and will be in the future. Does anyone close to her post here?

"After the 2:57 a.m. text message, the only other activity on Sharpless' cell phone were two calls from the friend at 4:53 a.m and 4:59 a.m., which went to voicemail, and a call from the sister of the friend at 6:44 a.m., which also went to voicemail."
phone records indicate that the three later calls went directly to voice mail because the phone was no longer working

I think the mix up is with when Crystal last saw Toni which was @ 3:00 am and when she may have left the Green Property. If her(Crystal) and Toni fought at 5:00 am why would she call her at 4:53 and 4:59 am. They would still be together and fighting in the car and then no need for the two calls.

Police search for missing West Brandy...
Crystal’s Blogs on Toni’s disappearance while being harassed on the blog by someone whom appears to know her.

27 8/28/09 12:50 AM EDT

I'm the friend last with Toni. I contacted the police the first night asking for assistance. I also send emails to all news stations days before it was aired.I volunteered info including details, locations, and times. #23 My story has never changed.I told police every and anything they needed for their investigation.I love Toni we have never had any issues before.That why I knew this was serious when she never returned home. She is a wonderful sister,loving mother,and a true friend.#22 PLEASE HELP her route home 76W ...

38 9/4/09 1:01 AM EDT
#36 Wow. U continue to say grapevine meaning u don't have a clue about me or the events of that night. Keep stating false info. U no longer have to hide behind the screen I know who u are.For disrespect towards my mom see u soon.

39 9/4/09 1:13 AM EDT
Wow is any of these false accusations helping this investigation. There is a missing mother,daughter,sister,friend here.Ppl who assume and listen to "Grapevine" really don't have a clue about me or the events of that evening. Leave the details to the professionals.Everyone last in contact have cooperated with police.#36 To state false info is one thing but to disrespect one's mother! U no longer have to blog say it to me. See u real soon trust!!!!

48 9/4/09 11:02 PM EDT
To whom it may concern.FYI I was the one that contacted police first.Why cause unlike some I know Toni. She would have never not went home or turned off her phone. Its was my idea to get her phone records and the flyers. Which my family and I have handed out.I've kept in contact with the family.Toni is my dear friend I have gave every detail of that evening to several law officials. #46 I'm more than willing to give a lie detector test. I have nothing to hide. She is my friend and I wish I knew where is went after sh...

50 9/4/09 11:17 PM EDT
Its easy to blame someone and point the finger. Does anyone actually know Toni or myself? If so u should know facts from fiction.What reason do I have to withhold any info she is my friend. What info do u think I have that I haven't given the police or her family? If your so concerned and involved contact me directly. Mark As Violation

52 9/5/09 12:16 AM EDT
Do u know what its like not knowing? Being that last one to see a person? Not just anyone a long time friend. This is a nightmare come true. I never thought she would leave me. Then disappear without a trace. I don't know where she could have gone. If I know Toni she was headed home.She didn't have much gas she had to have stopped somewhere.####

58 9/5/09 6:03 PM EDT
Its been 2 weeks tonight. Still no leads. I personally showed the police where we were and where I was let out. She made a left towards hollow rd but she could have went straight, left,or,right. The expressway was left but it was eastbound.She would have had to get off and back on to head home. I stopped at several gas stations along the expressway.I can't obtain any info without being law personal. According to her phone records she made it to the expressway. But which direction?According to police their are no reco...

59 9/5/09 6:12 PM EDT
No recorded surviellance on 76.I agree that this needs more media attention.Unfortunately it depends on the police. They have the authority to obtain info that the family nor the public can

65 9/7/09 10:05 PM EDT
SCONNER215 I will answer any questions u have but no longer on this blog. You can get my number from her family.Thanks to everyone for the concern and support. Keep in mind this could happen to anyone stay safe.

If intrested this link will take you though the whole blog:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6983355

"After the 2:57 a.m. text message, the only other activity on Sharpless' cell phone were two calls from the friend at 4:53 a.m and 4:59 a.m., which went to voicemail, and a call from the sister of the friend at 6:44 a.m., which also went to voicemail."
phone records indicate that the three later calls went directly to voice mail because the phone was no longer working

I think the mix up is with when Crystal last saw Toni which was @ 3:00 am and when she may have left the Green Property. If her(Crystal) and Toni fought at 5:00 am why would she call her at 4:53 and 4:59 am. They would still be together and fighting in the car and then no need for the two calls.

The 5 am time is given as "roughly". If the fight was at 4:45, it would make sense that Crystal tried to call a couple of times right after that.

As I said, I was previously sure the fight was at 3, but MissBud says otherwise and heard it straight from Crystal's lips.

Those articles are incorrect. I will try to find the 5 AM articles. There are a few correct articles that didn't take the lazy route and just reprint what was already out there. I stood right beside Crystal and what appeared to be the nurse that was "in
charge" of the search effort. Crystal said that the text to her daughter was sent on the way to Willie's house. The two 4:50 something calls to Toni's phone came from Crystal after see got out of the car. BTW last call for alcohol in PA in a regular club or bar is 1:50, drinks served by 2:00, out the door by 2:30 AM.

Also, I would disregard the low on gas reports. Crystal didn't seem to understand how long gas lasted or was misunderstood. According to Crystal, Toni had about a 1/4 tank and was concerned that she couldn't make it to Coatsville based on a car with a V8 engine like Toni's had. It has since been determined that 1/4 tank would be more than enough to get home.

LOL and the car had a V8 engine also

Well, I just took a look at BingMaps Birdseye view and followed River Road north of the boat ramp. There is a long stretch where it is VERY close to the river. I don't see guiderails, although they might be there. If you turn it around and view the road from the river, it looks like a car could go off.

I hope somebody has looked up there.

NetworkingStar- Not sure what the "LOL" is all about.....if you have issue with something I have contributed please let me know.

luthersmama- Thanks for again clearing up the 3 & 5 AM discrepancy. I guess some people can't grasp the "nearly", "roughly", "almost", or "around" concept. Still have to disagree about the Kensington or N. Philly connection. She would have had to take 76 to Route 1(the boulavard) then driven through multiple smaller neighborhoods. Possible but not probable. She would have had to know where she was going.

NetworkingStar- Not sure what the "LOL" is all about.....if you have issue with something I have contributed please let me know.

luthersmama- Thanks for again clearing up the 3 & 5 AM discrepancy. I guess some people can't grasp the "nearly", "roughly", "almost", or "around" concept. Still have to disagree about the Kensington or N. Philly connection. She would have had to take 76 to Route 1(the boulavard) then driven through multiple smaller neighborhoods. Possible but not probable. She would have had to know where she was going.

Do you know how far north Tim Miller searched the river? Did he go all the way up to where the houses are?

And, did you get any sense from her friends as to how long ago her "bad" times were? I know she had a DUI early this year, but I can't tell when her drug issues were "active".

Kind of sounds like she traded her drug issues in for alcohol issues.

Tim searched all the way up to the VFW boatramp going west from the original site along River Road.

I'm still confussed. Is the VFW boatramp the ramp apprx 1000 ft west of the 90 degree turn onto River Road or is it further west? From Google Earth, the stretch of road for a mile or so west of the boatramp 1000 ft west of the 90 degree turn seems to be where River Rd is closest to the River.

I'd be interested to see what you mean when you say " Toni's mom said". Did you speak with her? I am not going to argue about it. She left the house around 5 am according to Crystal. I heard that come from her mouth. Assuming she is telling the truth, I'll go with that for the timeline. It has also been written numerous times by different sources. The confusion with 3 am comes from the text she wrote about coming home to her daughter. Three am was also in the original AP article that is picked up and reprinted.

Missing Budweiser - Not sure what the "LOL" is all about.....if you have issue with something I have contributed please let me know.<b>

Ok here is my point. You heard that Quote &#8220;She left the house around 5 am&#8221; I heard that come from her mouth. Who left the house at 5 a.m. Crystal, Toni or Both of them. Did you hear the question correctly or did you hear what you wanted to here? You never produced the article with the timeline you claim is correct. So why believe you over the police and reporters who ask questions for a living. They are lying and you&#8217;re correct? If you made an error about the engine size (or do you still claim it was a V8) maybe you are wrong about the timeline.

Kemo,

Google Earth is a little deceiving. The boat ramp that is about a 1000 feet from the 90 degree turn on River Road is the one at Flat Rock Park, that is where Tim was based and where numerous cars were pulled out eventually. Tim traveled upstream (West) up to the other boat ramp near the VFW. The ramp at Flat Rock Park requires a right hand turn through a parking lot and the ramp is straight ahead with no barrier to stop you from entering the river.

Fight over who is driving. 4:45 a.m. Toni takes off. Chrystal calls twice. Cell phone goes right to voicemail 4:53 a.m. She drives in river close by that why cell has no power. But police say not in river.
Anyone else Next………..

Takenbak,
Does this mean that Tim did not check the river beyon (west) of Flat Rock Park? River Rd. runs very close to the river along this stretch and one could easily veer to the right off of the road, into the river. Is there any barrier or vegitation that would prevent this from happening?

He did search up to the other boat ramp. Along that road there is a barrier of trees and overgrowth that varies in width along with a guardrail for parts of it. I really think the car would have been seen along the road if it went off anywhere in that stretch but that should become more apparent as the leaves fall.

Has anyone else seen this link about a chop shop bust in north philly, does anyone know what the interior color was of Toni's car?

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7065738

He did search up to the other boat ramp. Along that road there is a barrier of trees and overgrowth that varies in width along with a guardrail for parts of it. I really think the car would have been seen along the road if it went off anywhere in that stretch but that should become more apparent as the leaves fall.

Has anyone else seen this link about a chop shop bust in north philly, does anyone know what the interior color was of Toni's car?

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7065738

WOW! I'm not a "car person" but that looks kind of like her car with the spoiler removed.

Luthersmama,

That is exactly what I thought when I saw it. I forwarded the link to the private detective working on the case, we will have to see what she turns up. I have mixed feelings about it but at least if it was her car, there would be something concrete to work with.

New article includes interview with PI on WGAL.com. Sorry, again I would link but I type from iphone. WGAL is Harrisburg area based NBC station. They cover the Lancaster area where Toni worked. I'd be interested to hear more of these alleged sightings of Toni or her car.

luthersmama- To answer your questions from last page, Tim searched up to the second boat ramp which is past the houses. I am not exactly sure about Toni's drug history, and remember this all comes from something I heard or was told at the river, take it for what it's worth. I can say that it was a major topic of discussion there. According to one of the nurses I spoke with, Toni had D&A issues date back to before she became a mother(17 yrs. old). She had since turned her life around and to her coworker and friends knowledge she just still drank which still caused problems considering the DUI. One friend/nurse imparticular was adamant that drugs were involved that Saturday night. She mentioned this in her inteview with ABC news and the Daily Local. Crystal made it clear that she never had a problem with drugs or alcohol and that she didn't she Toni use anything that night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back