PA PA - Toni Sharpless, 29, Gladwyne, 23 Aug 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It would have been nice if this car removal was announced. I imagine Toni's family was notified but a little publicity please? Kind of off the topic, but they are calling these retrieved vehicles "stolen". By "stolen" do they mean they were reported stolen them dumped in the river for insurance purposes hence insurance fraud? I can't see why someone would steal a car then discard it in the river.

Toni.
I know people disappear and are found a year later, their car covered in water or covered by trees, but where could she possibly be?
Maybe I will go back to the talked about theory that she never left the party house.
Still, where is her car?

Locals have been great about posting which street or direction she may have taken on the way home. It was dark, she supposedly had been drinking, she wanted to get home to her daughter. You can think, well, she must have gone too fast or over corrected and went off the road.
But, now, her car has not been found in the water. At least at that location.
Where is she?

If she has drug issues and is a nurse...it's not hard to imagine a scenario involving that which would make her flee her life.

dreamweaver- I almost want to go back and reconsider the house too. Yet, no one wants to believe that any foul play happened at the house. The police and now Toni's family PI both claim to believe Crystal's story. The police also interviewed Willie Green and his guests.

I find it simpler to think that she drove off in a huff and went into one of the drug zones, either in North or West Philadelphia, ran out of gas, engaged with some bad people and is now in an abandoned building or vacant lot. Car has been chopped.

As nice as Gladwyne is, you can get to an open air drug market within 20 minutes by driving in any of three directions.

I find it simpler to think that she drove off in a huff and went into one of the drug zones, either in North or West Philadelphia, ran out of gas, engaged with some bad people and is now in an abandoned building or vacant lot. Car has been chopped.

As nice as Gladwyne is, you can get to an open air drug market within 20 minutes by driving in any of three directions.

I remember recently some researcher ranking the neighborhood near N. Broad & Dauphin (N. Philly) as one of the most violent in the nation. It's only about 5 miles from where she was last seen. So, you are correct, that it wouldn't take much for her to veer off into an area where she would not be welcomed.

I remember recently some researcher ranking the neighborhood near N. Broad & Dauphin (N. Philly) as one of the most violent in the nation. It's only about 5 miles from where she was last seen. So, you are correct, that it wouldn't take much for her to veer off into an area where she would not be welcomed.

If she had plenty of cash, she would be warmly welcomed. If she only had a couple bucks left and tried to buy a little coke to wake her up, she would be in deep trouble. If she was obviously wasted, she was very, very vulnerable.

Aside from the drugs, hookers and overall violence, that area is a "no snitch" zone. No amount of reward money is going to get them talking.

Another bump.

Sad when my own posts are the only new ones.

I think that Toni made some real bad choices, but I would like to solve it for her mom and daughter. Don't know what else to do.....?

I wish I could help solve it also.
The questions I have:
Has LE asked Crystal to take a polygraph?
Has everyone at the house party been questioned?
Did LE ever find any evidence that Toni stopped for gas?
Did her cell phone ever ping after the call to daughter?

My strongest feeling was that she had an accident.
She either went off the road, into the river, down an embankment, something like that.
But, no trace of her has been found.

So, to me, either she will be found in a place that has already been searched or found close by.
OR
She will never be found.

I pray it is the first one.

I checked out the myspace link, not the same crystal that was pictured on news reports filmed on 9/11.

I checked out the myspace link, not the same crystal that was pictured on news reports filmed on 9/11.

Thanks, taken. Will remove my comment. Is this her here, under the umbrella?
srv00000063699071.jpg

http://www.dailylocal.com/articles/2009/09/12/news/srv0000006369907.txt

In response to the posts about the open air drug markets in Philadelphia and more specifically north Philly, they are farther from Gladwyne than five miles. If Toni did end up there, she would have traveled at least 15-20 miles and have known where she was going. Unlike Camden, which is right over the bridge, you just don't drive through the bad drug areas of north Philly without making multiple turns and road changes.

In response to the posts about the open air drug markets in Philadelphia and more specifically north Philly, they are farther from Gladwyne than five miles. If Toni did end up there, she would have traveled at least 15-20 miles and have known where she was going. Unlike Camden, which is right over the bridge, you just don't drive through the bad drug areas of north Philly without making multiple turns and road changes.

I disagree. Camden is "right over the bridge" if you are talking about the Delaware River. If Toni crossed over the Schuylkill, depending on whether she crossed at Green Lane or City Line, she could be in Kensington in short order. There is a pretty active drug trade in Conshohocken and also West Philadelphia. If she was jonesing for some blow, she wasn't far from a source.

Just my opinion.

If she when for drugs and was killed why hide the car and body. They could have just killed her and walked away or drove the car a couple blocks away. I heard of drug deals gone bad in Philly but none were a person vanished and there car. Plus the last person to see her said that the fight was over whom was driving home not to cop drugs.

Just my opinion.

If she when for drugs and was killed why hide the car and body. They could have just killed her and walked away or drove the car a couple blocks away. I heard of drug deals gone bad in Philly but none were a person vanished and there car. Plus the last person to see her said that the fight was over whom was driving home not to cop drugs.

That car would be very attractive to chop-shop guys. The engine is a V-8 that would sell for a handsome price abroad. My thinking is that she decided she wanted some coke and got tangled up with somebody who wanted the car.

On another train of thought....if she was alive and well at 5 a.m., why did her phone stop working at 3? I suppose maybe it ran out of juice. It bothers me that the last contact with anyone other than the party folks was two hours before they say they last saw her.

Toni Lee Sharpless: The 29-year-old Pennsylvania woman was last seen when she left a house party early Sunday morning. Police said she sent a text message to her daughter around 3 a.m., which is believed to be her last communication before she vanished, CBS3 reported.

She and the friend split up shortly later after arguing about whether Sharpless was sober enough to drive, police said. Around the same time, Sharpless wrote a text message to her 12-year-old daughter, who was struggling to sleep, CBS3 reported. She has not been heard from since.

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Side-by-Side Comparison
Kelley Blue Book Retail:
Snapshot
EPA Fuel Economy:
City: 18 – 20 Highway: 28 – 29
Available Engines:
175-hp, 3.1-liter V-6 (regular gas)
200-hp, 3.8-liter V-6 (regular gas)
240-hp, 3.8-liter V-6 (premium)

Vehicle Summary
Long known for its familiar WideTrack stance, Pontiac’s full-size front-drive coupe and sedan still come in the SE trim with a 3.1-liter V-6 engine and as a GT with a 3.8-liter V-6. The hottest of the lot is the GTP, which packs a supercharged 3.8-liter that cranks out 240 horsepower. General Motors’ OnStar communication system is a factory-installed option on the GT and a standard feature on the GTP

to bad she didn't have the onstar option.

By Joelle Farrell The Philadelphia Inquirer

She had just left a party on Bobarn Road and was intoxicated, said Crystal Johns, 28, a friend who was with her. Johns and Sharpless argued over who should drive, as both had been drinking. Sharpless told Johns to get out of the car and then drove off, Johns said.

"I thought she'd come back and pick me up," Johns said yesterday. Sharpless didn't answer her cell phone when Johns called the night of Aug. 23.

You are much more thorough than I. I read somewhere that it was a V-8. Still, a V-6 is an attractive chop product.

I agree that the on-star might be useful.

I originally thought that the text and the fight both happened at 3. But other posters pointed out that some accounts from "Crystal" say that the fight was at 5. If you look back through the posts, you'll see that I was certain that the fight happened at 3, but someone who spoke to Crystal says it was at 5.

That 2-hour gap between the text and the fight still bothers me.:waitasec:

What is the truth? 3 or 5? I was certain it was 3, but others convinced me it was 5. WTF?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back