PA PA - Toni Sharpless, 29, Gladwyne, 23 Aug 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
True. But if the person who has her tag doesn't know that she is missing and just needs to drive a stolen car a few hundred miles....

If the Kennett Square sighting of her tag is credible, that car could have been in Delaware 5 minutes later and Maryland 30 minutes later, crossing state lines where there are no cameras.

I still fret about the fact that her cellphone seems to have "died" right after the alleged argument. Ditching into the river would explain that. I can't help but wonder whether another river search would be a good idea.

Another search sounds good to me. On the Gina Anderson thread, the Thief River Falls authorities decided to research a river they drained the water from and sure enough, found her car one year later.
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/137172/

With the pings on the plate in Camden and the supposed sighting under the Ben Franklin bridge, I have to wonder if we should have been looking in the Delaware River

Unfortunately with the resources available, I think a thorough search of the Delaware River is not feasible right now. It really is one of the filthiest rivers around, and it has a pretty strong current, as well.

Celt1997

You're right about the Delaware but then again that is what makes it an attractive dumping ground. You start poking around in there and who knows what would turn up!

just one thing about the bi-polar issue I have a good friend who is bi-polar and during past manic episodes has taken off on a moments notice and in three different incidences ended up once in london once in switzerland and once in aruba (drinking was also involved in these incidents). So maybe there is something to this angle (it would certainly be better than the alternitives). However he never had any offical agency's looking for him, and if they were I think he would have been easy to find (used his own credit cards passport etc. i.e. left a paper trail). Also at least in his case after a few weeks I think they tend to come off the high and then get in touch with someone.

Yes, I would think when that first hang over hits or high wears off that she would reach out to someone.

I think someone who is bipolar would get in contact at some point. Someone who has schizophrenia might not. I'm glad her parents seem to be strong people who can care well for her daughter.

And I'm still suspicious of Crystal and the house party. The timing of Toni's cell going quiet is troublesome.

:confused:

:banghead:

I can't beleave someone in Phila can disappear for this long. This is such a populated area.:furious:

:furious:

:confused:

:banghead:

I can't beleave someone in Phila can disappear for this long. This is such a populated area.:furious:

:furious:

Richard Petrone and Danielle Imbo have been missing for longer. There are plenty of places to hide a body (alive or dead) in the Philadelphia / New Jersey area.

I am sure this is a coincidence, but I drove by Willie Green's house today and an
unmarked police car was parked at the end of his road.

can't beleave someone in Phila can disappear for this long. This is such a populated area.:

The world seems so small these days until you start looking for someone, then it seems so big! With all the ground that has been covered, it is still a drop in the bucket, dang it's so frustrating!

I am sure this is a coincidence, but I drove by Willie Green's house today and an
unmarked police car was parked at the end of his road.

That's where I think something has to do with her.
How does that go, again? The last person to see the mp or the last place they were?

I live in the Philly suburbs and I am shocked that this case hasn't gotten more attention, especially dealing with the fact that she was at Willie Green's house the night she went missing. Sad, maybe if the media cared a little more her family would have some answers.:twocents:

I live in the Philly suburbs and I am shocked that this case hasn't gotten more attention, especially dealing with the fact that she was at Willie Green's house the night she went missing. Sad, maybe if the media cared a little more her family would have some answers.:twocents:

Bolded by me.

The guy is only averaging 3.3 points per game to start the season. I'd say if his production doesn't pick up, then they can get the green light to crack down on him. ;) Only All-Stars get police protection.

I almost wonder if Toni's lack of continued media coverage could be related to the fact that she has a mental illness. Stigma is not a good thing, especially with mental illness. Most stigmas associated with mental illness, especially Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia, are negative. Is it possible, that someone with a condition that makes them even MORE vunerable to the ill wills of society is somehow being shunned because of an ILLNESS? Should I worry too that one day, if heaven forbid something happen to me similar to Toni, that LE and the public in general would be less apt to follow my story close because I have Bipolar Disorder? Would my medical history make people be less sympathetic to me?

It is an interesting scenario to say the least...

There is going to be a meeting in West Chester at the VFW on 11/8 at 2:00, if you plan on attending, please plan to be there by 1:45. There will be updates and hopefully lots of media coverage to get this story back out there. I wonder about the stigma of mental illness also. Toni accomplished a lot even though she was dealing with these issues, Graduating a nursing program and getting her degree was certainly an accomplishment.

There is going to be a meeting in West Chester at the VFW on 11/8 at 2:00, if you plan on attending, please plan to be there by 1:45. There will be updates and hopefully lots of media coverage to get this story back out there. I wonder about the stigma of mental illness also. Toni accomplished a lot even though she was dealing with these issues, Graduating a nursing program and getting her degree was certainly an accomplishment.

bump !:Banane31:

I stopped at a Lukoil in Media, PA yesterday and on the screen at the pump they ran a side bar ad for Toni saying she was missing and her last known whereabouts.

Seems like a good way to keep her story out there.. hoping for more information!

I just left Media, and didnt see anything, so thats good news!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back