PA PA - Toni Sharpless, 29, Gladwyne, 23 Aug 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could not make the meeting yesterday... hoping for some new information!

I apologize for taking this long to post. My phone died after the game. Please read below for a summary of the meeting. I have left out what I believe to be "common knowledge". Let me know if you need me to explain anything further.

First off there was about 20-25 people there and only one "news" camera which did not have the station identified. May have just been a local station. Eileen Law is the private investigator on this case. She is the head of CIA, Inc. She was accompianed by her husband and three other members of her staff. They, strangely, seemed to be dressed as law enforcement and only added to the odd perception that is given off by mall cops, security officers, and other 2.5s. I feel that while Eileen seemed very capable and professional that the surronding comical looking staff took away from seriousness of the meeting.
She started the powerpoint presentation by stating that anyone argueing or causing a disturbance would be removed(I would assume by the 2.5s). She spoke about negative blogs and verbsl attacks on people involved with the case. Suprisingly, I haven't seen these negative websites(if you have let me know). She moved on with her presentation which was basically spelled out verbatim on the slides. She began to paint a picture of a sypathetic Toni and to reasons whig may have led to her breaking point that fateful morning.
Two events within two weeks prior to her disappearance may have had Toni more bipolar or depressed than normal. A patient of hers committe suicide by jumping out of a hospital window. Also a friend of hers brother drowned leaving a family of four behind with major financial obligations. Her bipolar meds were also running low and she had stopped taking some that made her feel ill. She hid her condition from almost everyone btw.
Her downward spiral that night began at the G Lounge where two Latino men bought her a drink and commented in Spanish that "she was at least 35". Understandable this upset the subconsious 29 year old single mother. She apparently began to drink heavily. This continued during a drinking game called "taboo" at Willie Green's home. There was an incident during the game b/c of a comment made in "jest". Eileen did not go into detail but while at the river I heard that Toni used the "n" word. Crystal apparently tried to smooth this older but made it worse. I heard her at the river that she said that it was okay b/c Toni's daughter was darker than everyone there(the father of Toni's child is African American). This comment made things worse. For some unknown reason Toni began to pour Champagne on the floor and as a result was asked to leave. Crystal stated that and this point Toni appeared to be on drugs but knew she couldn't have been.
Toni and Crystal left and got in Toni's car at which point Willie's uncle said "make sure she puts it in reverse and not in forward" which drew laughter from to home. Toni then yelled at Crystal about everyone laughing at her. This led to the argument
and Crystal exiting the car. Crystal did not go back to the home and called a relative for a ride. This has been confirmed and Eileen. Crystal also passed a polygraph and Eileen bets her house she is being truthful. She did mention that Crystal told a few "lies" at the beginning but nothing material to the case. I believe this may have to do with her relationship with Willie's brother.
There have been two hits are her plate and also about a dozen reported sighting mostly around the Lancaster area. Eileen seems to belive them b/c they all have her in the same clothes. She believes she may be under they infuence of drugs and may not even know who she is depending on the severity of her bipolar disorder. Although she has nothing to suppor this, she feels Toni may have been forced into prostitution.

That about does it. She did go into more detail on a few of the vehicle and Toni sightings. Before attending this meeting I felt Toni was probably dead. Now I feel there is a good chance that she is still alive.

Sorry about the typos. I posted using my phone. If I can get on a computer later, I will edit. It is too difficult using the phone. Also I forgot to add *Eileen and her staff are working this case for free*. She accepted a one dollar bill to bind the contract, but it will be returned to Toni's mom if/when she is found.

Missing Budweiser:
Thanks for the detailed report.
Perhaps the drinking and low levels of her medications or
new levels caused her to not think clearly.

But where is her car?

“She started the PowerPoint presentation by stating that anyone arguing or causing a disturbance would be removed (I would assume by the 2.5s).”

This is all sales talk, after all she sells security.

WOW, drinking games and nasty drunk = Blackout, Not good from a driving stand point. No chance of getting the car or herself home in that kind of shape. I can see why no media there nothing new from there stand point.

dreamweaver- Eileen believes the car may still be being driven. One credible sighting of the license plate had the plate still on the car. Another possibe sighting of the car had the vehicle plateless.

luthersmama- Black/dark jeans or slacks w/ black top. Not much for detail other than a very deseveled look.

Bud's summary has pretty much everything that these two reports do:

http://www.dailylocal.com/articles/2009/11/10/news/srv0000006788284.txt

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/244792

I really would like to believe that she is alive. The Lancaster sightings seem like the best hope. The PI's "gut" and sightings of a tagless car don't do much for me.

The overall scenario is that she was upset, got drunk, got more upset and maybe flipped out altogether. Off meds and disoriented? Sounds possible.

I still think she is in the water or foul play is involved, I just don't think she is alive. I think it is very possible that she just pulled over somewhere to sleep it off in the car and then something happened, like she was car jacked and her remains are along the road somewhere. There's lots of people out there that look like Toni and tons of cars just like hers, I just don't think she would be able to survive on her own, on the streets this long. I think a lot of PO's do the Free thing for publicity, not that that's all bad, but really if she said I think Toni's dead that kind of ends the case.

Has the PI looked into the location of the friends brothers drowning? In case she went there to reflect ,have a good cry. Pay respects to someone who she partied with in good times who "got her". If they watched her leave the party, and commented on her driving and she left his house.
In the first reports of this Crystal had said she talked to toni's parents and told them all she knew. So did crystal tell them of the party at willies house or not? if she did then why did they say they learned this from the media? Or am I mistaken?

If we are to follow with the PI story then
1) How long after theY backed out of the driveway did the fight between Crystal and Toni happen. was it in veiw of the house.
2) Was Crystals boyfriend present at the house party or club.
3) Did Crystal an Toni run into anyone Toni knew personaly at the club.
4) As Crystal waited for her ride in the same spot Toni left her(Crystal thought Toni would come back) Did anyone else leave the house or did she see any other cars?
I do not believe Toni bi polar or not would be being held and forced to turn tricks. Nor do I believe and nurse in ID would turn tricks. That is an outlandish theroy in my opinion.

They are informative articles that 'luthersmama' pointed out. Looks like the meeting got three new articles out there. CBS has a small one too.

Soulmagent- What do you mean by "nurse in ID".

Missing Budweiser, i was born in Crozier chester Medical center and many family members live in this area. I am hoping that Toni comes home soon. Thank You so much for the updates and info, much appreciated!

They are informative articles that 'luthersmama' pointed out. Looks like the meeting got three new articles out there. CBS has a small one too.

Soulmagent- What do you mean by "nurse in ID".

Infectious disease.

snipped
Sharpless, who worked 12-hour shifts as an infectious disease nurse at LGH, spent nearly all of her free time with her 12-year-old daughter, the Knebels said.
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:XrmIfNUyF1wJ:articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/243610+missing+nurse+in+lancaster+pa&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Soulmagent- Thanks. I tried to answer the questions you had, but I do not see the post. I will try again in a few.

kellync- No problem.

Infectious disease.

snipped
Sharpless, who worked 12-hour shifts as an infectious disease nurse at LGH, spent nearly all of her free time with her 12-year-old daughter, the Knebels said.
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:XrmIfNUyF1wJ:articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/243610+missing+nurse+in+lancaster+pa&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

It was reported that she had a patient jump(i remember this b/c a friend saw it take place) but the jumper was from the "8th floor" which I believe is Psych Unit (at least it used to be)
So my question is...is she a "floater"

It was reported that she had a patient jump(i remember this b/c a friend saw it take place) but the jumper was from the "8th floor" which I believe is Psych Unit (at least it used to be)
So my question is...is she a "floater"

A pscyh patient could easily need an infectious disease nurse. Maybe the patient had TB or HIV or something in addition to the psych issues.

Missing Budweiser -

You asked about the "negative blogs" that Eileen Law referred to. I haven't seen any actual blog posts that were negative. However, in the "comments" after a couple of the articles and on Steph Watts' blog, some commenters made alot of nasty accusations, mostly about Crystal but some about Toni. They were right after the disappearance. Some people who appeared to know Toni were berating Crystal. Then Crystal's mother jumped in to defend her. It was kind of an online brawl.

Poll vote what do you think happened to toni?

This link will take you to a poll to vote on what you think happen to Toni.

http://answers.polldaddy.com/poll/2224335/

Its days like this on holidays when the kids are out of school playing and exploring that I hope there is a break in this case and something is found. Wondering what people think happen to Toni, Express your opion by voting. After this meeting at the VFW What do you think????? Let just keep the conversation going. I am my self let down by the lack of any thing tanigible after 5 am on the 23 rd. I beleave what walks like a duck.... Pretty much that everyone was drunk and it went down like the players said it did, but were toni when or did after 5am when she split is anyone guess. Maybe there something to the freind that drowned and when to that place but I don't think she could make it home let alone fine some other spot. I am from Philly and a friend bought a home in that neighborhood where Toni when missing and I miss the on ramp and got all turned around. This was years ago but it remember it being wood zee and being from the city I was dis-orenated and lost and felt helpless. I was sober at the time so I really can say if thoughs feels would come into play being mess up or she even felt lost.:twocents:

luthersmama- Thanks for informing me of that. I guess she should have said "message boards". She almost made it sound like someone had a blog or actual page out there. I did notice some negativity and arguments following the Lancaster article. Eileen posted there.

I think it was the TV news sites that had the nastiest stuff. The one thing that kind of sticks in my mind was an accusation that Crystal worked in a "whack shack" and a follow-up that said that Toni did too. Probably just trash talking. But what if there was a kernel of truth from a few years ago? We have heard that Toni went to nursing school and was determined to make something of herself, and I think that is great. But if she previously had some contacts that were not on the up-and-up, and she has now gone off her meds, maybe she crash landed in a bad place and some old demons have their teeth into her again.

At least she might be alive.....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper