GUILTY PA - Troy LaFerrara, 42, dies in Craigslist thrill killing, Sunbury, 11 Nov 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From your link Linda:

bbm

I'm wondering if she's simply trying to be clever and setting up an insanity defense.

That was my first thought. Or she wants infamy? She's one sick puppy for sure, but I'm doubting the numbers she is claiming. I'm really doubting the satanic cult thing, that is almost cliché. Maybe there was some some kooky white supremacist she got involved with.

Any time I hear the words 'satanic cult' mentioned in a story, I get suspicious. Where is this cult? Surely if a 13 yr old got involved with them, they didn't slip under the radar...and I read where she claimed the 1st murder was motivated by somebody owing this man money. That sounds more like a drug or gang related killing than a cult. Wouldn't a cult be more apt to perform some kind of rituals instead of shooting somebody? IDK about this one. Her own mother supposedly admitted that she had been molested, well, has she said anything about the cult involvement?

This women is not from a satanic cult. Don't get me wrong, there are killers in the cult, but they would not announce themselves as killers. These people who do kill are given the job as "assassinators". They often don't know they are because a lot of the cults use a tool that creates 'alter' personalities to carry through with this job.

I think this person is just looking for attention. I don't think she killed before and if she did, then its not because she was in a satanic cult.

Speaking from personal experience in the cult environment.

Numbers do play a big part in Satanic cults. So I understand that she posted an ad on craigslist at 1:11am on 11/01. If she posted this at that time then before she killed this guy she was already setting up a defense.

Numbers do play a big part in Satanic cults. So I understand that she posted an ad on craigslist at 1:11am on 11/01. If she posted this at that time then before she killed this guy she was already setting up a defense.

Blue Dolphin - sounds interesting. Please elaborate - I don't follow and would appreciate the education!

www.cnn.com/2014/02/17/justice/craigslist-thrill-killing-confession/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

When I first read this ; I thought " Oh, really ? Then where are all the bodies ? "
Just sounds like someone wanting attention.
I do feel she should never get out of prison. Never.
If she's released , she could very well find/lure another victim. ( If you meet someone on the internet for dates or more intimate/intensive encounters, you are taking a big risk ; imo. Doesn't mean another person has the right to harm you. Just my thoughts. )

MOO

I'm confused. How is that a defense?

wow, timing is everything. This story is being covered on my local news right now.

I still don't get it. How is posting her ad as such-and-such a time & date INSANE?

I still don't get it. How is posting her ad as such-and-such a time & date INSANE?

Well, possibly claiming she was brainwashed, controlled, not understanding the nature/consequences of her actions(?).

She went on to discuss her daughter’s childhood.

“(Miranda) ran away from home when she was 12,” Dean said. Her daughter grew up in Alaska and has an older sister, Dean said.

“(Miranda) got hooked up with a guy (in Alaska) who was into satanic stuff, and when she came home one day, she told me that he owns her now.”

The man’s name was Forrest, Dean said.

“I asked her what she was talking about, and she told me that this man owns her and she has to do whatever he says,” Dean said. “She said he branded her by carving a swastika on the back of her neck and his name on her thigh.

SNIP

“I told (Miranda) when she was in Alaska, she needed to stop all of this and get away from these (satanic) people,” Dean said. “She was involved in this satanic stuff and this man (Forrest) still has a hold on her. It’s heart-breaking.”

“She told me she was out prostituting at 12 years old and that this man was her ruler.”

http://www.dailyitem.com/x1280779959/Lockup-to-Miranda-s-mom-You-can-t-visit

She tried don't ya know? She told her 12 year old daughter to get away from this satanist who was pimping her out. What more could she have done?

I have to question what was going on at home that 12 year old girl runs off and finds some satanist pimp more appealing than home KWIM?

I should probably stop there. Ya'll can connect the dots to where I am at.

What I'd like to know is if this "Forrest" person is still alive, and if so, why? She should have started and ended with him. Seems to me she enjoys living on the edge. jmo

I think that there are those who feel the outrageous story of being a serial killer, high ranking in a satanic cult, etc are all geared toward an insanity plea. Those who suspect that may be the case are thinking that even before she was caught, back when planning this murder, she may have used numbers significant to satanists to incorporate into the crime so that later she could claim she was crazy or brainwashed by her cult leader or some such.

Not a theory I subscribe to myself but I can see how some are arriving there.

I personally think this is one F'd up individual who started to be a F'd up individual with her F'd up childhood experiences. I am sorry but 12 year old girls with a good home life do not run away, fall under the sway of a pimp who helps prostitute her and claims to be a big mucky muck in satanic circles. They simply don't. So this girl has been one hot mess since long before she was grown.

Do I think she is in a satanic cult? No.

Do I think she fell in with an older male at a young impressionable age. Probably.

Do I think she witnessed or assisted in murdering someone in an alley in Alaska as a minor? Maybe.

Do I think she has left a trail of bodies across the country? No.

Do I think she may have killed before this unfortunate victim? Still on the fence about that.

This caught my eye on the news so of course I came hear to read what everyone else thinks!

Before I go back to read from the beginning, I'm just going to note that in the news clip I saw, she was emerging from a door, cuffed, in an orange prison jumsuit. Just as she comes out of the door, there's the slightest hint of a smile as she takes in all the media waiting for her. She's trying to hide it, but she's gloating. I got the impression that she is loving the media attention. Makes me lean heavily toward concluding that all these confessions are just attention-seeking behavior.

It's in this clip starting at 00:13 (apologies for the commercial that comes before the newsclip; I hope it's ok to link this)
Craigslist Thrill Killer

....or it could work against her as it all is "premeditated" too, iykwim?

All the murders she claims she has done should be investigated. Somehow, I think she could be lying as well.

Of course she could be lying, but it says something to me that the FBI and local LE are taking this seriously. One article I read said they won't be able to comment until after the President's Day holiday weekend. So I'd expect to hear something more tomorrow or this week about if they think this is true/not true.

Just in case, here's a good list of Alaska missing. http://www.dps.state.ak.us/ast/abi/bulletin.aspx

Of course, the problem is that IF she is being at all truthful, some of her victims could have been found already - not listed as missing, but as unsolved homicides.

There are some serial killers who were definitely serial killers, but who some LE suspect have way overinflated their victim counts (Henry Lee Lucas for example). So she could have killed before this, but it could be far less than 22. We really won't know until we hear more from LE.

However, if her mother is to be believed the cult story wasn't just made up as a defense to this - she's had that involvement (or pretended to) for some time. She also experienced the kind of serious early childhood trauma that you would expect if her story really was true.

So I guess I'm on the fence. 22 seems like a lot, but I'm definitely open to the possibility of her having done this at least once before.

and she says she would do it again if left out of jail, pleading not guilty...........WTH???
saw & heard this on our local news WPXI.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back