GUILTY PA - Troy LaFerrara, 42, dies in Craigslist thrill killing, Sunbury, 11 Nov 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it possible to be an atheist satanist? I would think not but then I havent read up much on the subject.

The Church of Satan doesn't actually worship or believe in Satan or any deity, but consider "god" to be one's own self. They are atheists. There are other types of atheist satanists as well, but The CoS doesn't recognize them.

The theistic satanists believe Satan is a patriarchal supernatural deity.

Magic, self-development, and knowledge are core parts of both belief systems, with one paying tribute to the deity while one does not. Neither condone murder or participate in ritual human sacrifices.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...people-say-guilty-murder-sentenced-death.html

New article including more information from her parents.

They don't believe her and state she is a Heroin addict, her father says that she is the most manipulative person he's known and that if guilty of the murder she's charged with should receive the death penalty

I don't know how much I trust "facts" that come from that gossip rag. Now most of the murders took place in Florida?

Her father put her on lockdown in the house so there is no way she killed anyone, (according to him) but she still managed to get out and join a cult...so strange.

The Church of Satan doesn't actually worship or believe in Satan or any deity, but consider "god" to be one's own self. They are atheists. There are other types of atheist satanists as well, but The CoS doesn't recognize them.

The theistic satanists believe Satan is a patriarchal supernatural deity.

Magic, self-development, and knowledge are core parts of both belief systems, with one paying tribute to the deity while one does not. Neither condone murder or participate in ritual human sacrifices.
Interesting. Thanks WDG!

More details on Miranda's troubled background and her bizarre personality:'

http://www.newsminer.com/news/local...cle_e269f742-984c-11e3-96c7-0017a43b2370.html
Barbour attended school in Mat-Su through the 2009-10 school year, spending her first semester at Colony High School before transferring to Valley Pathways High School(An "Alternative school") near Palmer and Wasilla

https://www.facebook.com/frontiersman/posts/10151933360045509
from a facebook conversation:
<modsnip>
('North Star' most probably refers to the name of what's described as a "36-bed acute psychiatric hospital for Adolescent girls 13-17 years old" located in Anchorage)

http://harnettnews.org/?p=1328
Aimee Vaneyll, 20 mother of Elytte Barbour's child:
&#8220;He told me he used to have voices in his head,&#8221; Vaneyll said, &#8220;and when he did the Ecstasy, they all went away.&#8221;...
Miranda Dean was already six months pregnant when she moved from Alaska to the two traffic-lights town of Coats, where her mother lived. Vaneyll, who would become her friend, described Dean as a young woman of strong feelings, obsessed with sex and deeply disdainful of obesity.
...Vaneyll &#8220;I know Miranda (Barbour) loved sex and sexual things. We were all together one time and she was touching hot wax and began to moan like she was having an orgasm.&#8221;
--Vaneyll wasn&#8217;t buying Miranda Barbour&#8217;s story about having just &#8220;delightful conversations&#8221; with men for money.
&#8220;She loved sex,&#8221; Vaneyll said. &#8220;She went to sex stores to buy sex toys.&#8221;
Miranda Barbour also detested individuals who were obese, Vaneyll said.
&#8220;She hated them a fiery passion,&#8221; she said.
LaFerrara weighed more than 275 pounds and stood more than 6 feet tall.

I don't know how much I trust "facts" that come from that gossip rag. Now most of the murders took place in Florida?

Her father put her on lockdown in the house so there is no way she killed anyone, (according to him) but she still managed to get out and join a cult...so strange.

True, however I was just posting the latest article I saw, the daily mail is hardly known for hard fact tho.

Interesting how her story keeps evolving to include new locations, personally I think she is laying the groundwork for an insanity defense and she may have killed two at most (Craigslist killing and baby's (potential?) father.

Dunn is not far from Fayetteville, NC...Missing soldier Kelli Bordeaux came to mind when I read that.

raleigh newsobserver.com
State records show that Miranda Barbour lived with her family at a number of places during her childhood, including Fairbanks, Anchorage, and North Pole in Alaska; Panama City Beach, FLA, and Knightdale and Cary(NC) (towns outside Raleigh)

I noticed many of her places of residence were near military bases, which made me suspect she was a military brat:

North Pole, AK:
Fort Wainwright and Eielson AFB, near Fairbanks

Anchorage, AK:
Elmendorf AFB, Fort Richardson

Florida, Panama City Beach:
Tyndall AFB

I was right:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...people-say-guilty-murder-sentenced-death.html
Her father:
"Twenty years in the military has taught me to be prepared to sacrifice."

I wonder what he means by "sacrifice?" And I wonder who his Commanding Officer was--LtCol Michael Aquino? I have the sneaking suspicion the whole family is in the cult.

----------------------

ps
"They don't believe her and state she is a Heroin addict, her father says that she is the most manipulative person he's known and that if guilty of the murder she's charged with should receive the death penalty"

Most parents would reflexively jump in to defend their kid. You'll notice there doesn't seem to be a lot of love here? Maybe Miranda was attracted to the cult as an ersatz family for the real one she loathed?

/

In the photo linked Amanda was living in NC with her uncle and was pregnant with her child.

I think finding out who the father of her child was could be most telling.

I find it more than disturbing that her father is already, basically, approving the death penalty for his child.

the only thing odd about it is that they didn't do it sooner. regardless of common misconceptions about the Church of Satan, they are a legitimate religious organization that actually doesn't participate or condone murder. any other religious group that she claimed to kill in the name of would have made the same statement.

I hate to be exclusionary, but many dictionaries define 'church' as a building used for Christian worship. So, while they can be defined as a religious organization, to me, just the name Church of Satan, is off-putting. However, I do understand that they don't condone murder. I was just responding to what I thought was a funny joke. JMO.

You need to know you are ONE HOT MESS if the Satanists make a point of publicly disassociating you from their group!

LOL!! And they didn't waste any time getting the word out either!

Oh, the irony. I think this is a first.

http://www.dailyitem.com/0100_news/x1783679838/Miranda-Barbours-father-Killing-spree-unlikely
February 19, 2014
Miranda's dad supports daughter's execution if verdict is guilty

By Francis Scarcella The Daily Item

Dean did not dispute Miranda’s claim of being a satanist.

“Satanism is real,” he said. “It is a growing cult that will go to great lengths to seize our children. You don’t have to be affiliated with the ‘Church of Satan’ to worship him

I hate to be exclusionary, but many dictionaries define 'church' as a building used for Christian worship. So, while they can be defined as a religious organization, to me, just the name Church of Satan, is off-putting. However, I do understand that they don't condone murder. I was just responding to what I thought was a funny joke. JMO.

an architectural building used for worship services...not anything to do with christian at all. interestingly and oddly, the CoS do not worship Satan or any deity. (in fact, in my reading, I have found they find people who worship any god or deity to be insane, so there is a joke for you!) they view the self as "god". from wikipedia: "Its core beliefs and philosophies are based on individualism, secular humanism, religious skepticism, freethought, epicureanism and "eye for an eye" morality". oh, and magic. but no actual satan. so the 'Church of Satan' seems an even odder label.

Sigh. Wish this family would stop trying to make Satanic Panic happen again.

http://www.dailyitem.com/0100_news/x2039927683/Barbour-Slaying-was-in-the-stars

February 17, 2014
Barbour: Slaying was in the stars

By Francis Scarcella The Daily Item

Miranda said she spoke to her husband about what she had inside her.

&#8220;He knows enough about me,&#8221; she said. &#8220;The more I showed him what was inside of me the more he wanted to be a part of it. We always said before we died we would do this.&#8221;

&#8220;I care about my daughter,&#8221; she said.

&#8220;I knew two people like myself and my husband could not raise a normal child. I have love for my husband and for my daughter like anyone normal would have, but I know I lost everything, and I want my story out there for me.&#8221;

Sigh. Wish this family would stop trying to make Satanic Panic happen again.

right. unfortunately as long as they continue to make ignorant comments like “It is a growing cult that will go to great lengths to seize our children. You don’t have to be affiliated with the ‘Church of Satan’ to worship him.”it seems that is the way they are headed.

Since this forum does not and will not allow religious discussions per TOS, I fail to see where this back and forth on satanism can go. Her father and mother have both stated to MSM that they believe she was involved in a satanic cult. She says she was involved. The assumption that this is simply more "McMartin hysteria" is interesting IMO. What exactly would prove something like this to a population of people who are - pardon the pun - hell bent on believing it doesn't happen?

There are varying degrees of faith and devotion to any "religion". Not everyone has to belong to the CoS to follow that path. The whole basis of it is the belief that you are your own supreme being and your will is the only will you should bow to. I believe that "satan" is simply a placeholder for the evil that exists in the human heart. Evil is expressed when a human chooses to do something selfish rather than selfless. When their wishes and desires cause others harm.

"Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law" is demonstrated in many different ways, not necessarily people capering about in robes, chanting in the dark performing human sacrifice.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" is from Thelema, not Satanism. For Thelemites, this law is sacred and means something quite different from what it may seem at first glance. I encourage anyone who is interested to do further research.

"Satanism," as "practiced" by the murderers in question, is unrelated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back