Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I shared this info on a few Facebook pages and I decided to email the person working the case. I feel like this could be a strong lead that may finally give her back her name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, this definitely needs to be checked out.

Annastaes doesn't match the isotope info but it is inexact so no sense in throwing her out on that.

FYI:

If the findings are correct, Beth Doe was born and spent her early childhood in western or central Europe. She moved to the United States as a child or a teenager. She spent at least five to 10 years in the United States before her murder.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/mc-carbon-county-beth-doe-20141129-story.html

I hope that info is correct. It killed a whole list of possibles I was picking though when it came out. :)

Didn't the isotope test say that Beth lived in Europe until the age of 12?

Annastaes had been in Australia for a 'few years' before she disappeared at age 15. She fits closely enough IMO!

Great find!

I don't think the isotope analysis is that specific to pinpoint age 12 exactly...though I could be wrong. Anyway, I think she does fit very closely.

I wasn't all that sure about the isotope info. I figured it doesn't hurt to check out at least. What are the chances of someone having two moles in those exact spots?

Here's Anna's listing on the Australian missing persons site: http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/mi...s/profiles/b/a/banitskas annastaes anna - vic

Apparently when she left, she took most of the family pictures with her, so that's why there aren't any pictures of her available. I agree she looks a lot younger than 15 in the photo we have. More like 11 or 12.

I think the isotope profile is or could be close. She spent some part of her childhood in Europe, and if it's her, she would have spent a couple of years in the US as a teenager--not as much as they think, but still here.

They don't have any stats for her, so it's hard to say whether she matches on other fronts, but her hair and eyes are the right color and the overall look is good (attached with Carl's recon; click on the photo to see it larger).

And the moles. Maybe coincidence.

No mention of a scar on her leg. She could have acquired that after she left, or maybe it's just not mentioned.

P.S. I personally wouldn't rule anybody out on a pollen or isotope mismatch. They're useful clues but hardly definitive.

Attachments

• beth doe and anna Banitskas.png
    beth doe and anna Banitskas.png
    196 KB · Views: 286
I wasn't all that sure about the isotope info. I figured it doesn't hurt to check out at least. What are the chances of someone having two moles in those exact spots?

There are isoscapes which maps different isotopes by area. It's really cool stuff but often areas have the same elements so it's not crazy exact.

Is this girl getting submitted as a possible? It's good there is still family looking for her so it should be a fast ruling.

On some descriptions she is listed with only having a mole on her left check, and in others they also list one above her left eyebrow as well. In some of the composites it does show 2 moles. I also looked over the isotope information and it got me looking for missing females in Europe. One case I came across is of Annastaes Banitskas. She has both of the same moles on her face in her photo and in an age progressed photo, although in the description it only indicates the one on her left cheek. She went missing in Australia, but she had moved there from Europe with her family. The timing when comparing to the isotope results is a bit off, and I don't know a lot about those tests and the accuracy, but maybe she should be looked into. The family thought she may have ran off with a boyfriend. She took most all of the family photos the day she disappeared, and they only had this photo listed.
View attachment 84365 View attachment 84367

To me it looks like that photo could have been taken when she was much younger, but it doesn't say what age she was when it was taken. Here is an Article from last year http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2736289/Anna-Banitskas-missing-FORTY-years-family-believe-alive-hiding-fallen-pregnant-just-15.html And here is her Doe Network info http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/31dfvic.html

That age progression looks like Jacqueline Kennedy.

I emailed the information to the investigator, and a moderator for the Beth Doe Facebook page is contacting Namus as well.

Glad to hear that she is being submitted. A lot of the circumstances seem to fit.

Hi everyone,

I have NO idea if this has ever been brought up before - so please forgive me if it has, I couldn't scroll through every post - I tried to message Carl K. directly about this since he did a reenhancement of Beth Doe on the PA missing persons website, but his mailbox is full :(....

I was reading unsolved's on reddit today and I stumbled across a thread that mentioned a possible suspect / information for Beth Doe...

I'm not sure if anyone has already mentioned it, but I thought it was convincing if not at the very least, worth looking into? It seems this person has tried to contact authorities once or twice before but got the blow off.

https://www.***********/r/UnsolvedM...mysteries_have_you_personally/?ref=readnext_0

Edit: I have NO IDEA why the link won't copy over correctly.... Is reddit blocked from this site or something? - The **** is simply reddit . com and the rest of the link is:

/r/UnsolvedMysteries/comments/3t1jjc/what_unsolved_mysteries_have_you_personally/?ref=readnext_0

The thread is "What unsolved mysteries have you personally witnessed or had a connection to?"
and the user who submitted the story is hilaryjean, a few posts down.

Wow...all I have to say right now. A huge thank you, hill. for the post.

Hi everyone,

I have NO idea if this has ever been brought up before - so please forgive me if it has, I couldn't scroll through every post - I tried to message Carl K. directly about this since he did a reenhancement of Beth Doe on the PA missing persons website, but his mailbox is full :(....

I was reading unsolved's on reddit today and I stumbled across a thread that mentioned a possible suspect / information for Beth Doe...

I'm not sure if anyone has already mentioned it, but I thought it was convincing if not at the very least, worth looking into? It seems this person has tried to contact authorities once or twice before but got the blow off.

https://www.***********/r/UnsolvedM...mysteries_have_you_personally/?ref=readnext_0

Edit: I have NO IDEA why the link won't copy over correctly.... Is reddit blocked from this site or something? - The **** is simply reddit . com and the rest of the link is:

/r/UnsolvedMysteries/comments/3t1jjc/what_unsolved_mysteries_have_you_personally/?ref=readnext_0

The thread is "What unsolved mysteries have you personally witnessed or had a connection to?"
and the user who submitted the story is hilaryjean, a few posts down.

Carl contacted Pennsylvania LE about this tip.

I still haven't heard back from LE for the info I submitted about Anna. I hope my email didn't end up in the spam folder.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks Springrain and CarlK90245, it was a little twist of fate I stumbled upon that thread. I hope it actually does help in some way. I messaged hilaryjean - because in my haste I'd forgotten - to let her know I linked her comments to this thread. Hopefully she is okay with that transparency, and will come forward with more information to LE if need be. :)

It's been almost a month since I've submitted info suggesting Anna, and still no word. I'm not sure what I can do. Can anyone else try contacting LE?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member