Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, eyes can lose pigment after death. But I don't think that's the case all the time.

It was on Instagram!? There are 9-year-olds on Instagram! I'm sure the poster has good intentions, but I bet some of those followers are not the same...I imagine some of those followers receive some kind of gratification from that. Sick. I cannot believe a PM this graphic would be posted online, especially with no warning!

I reported the three photos that I found on Instagram. I know they are trying to help with the case, but they tagged the photos with everyday searches such as "pregnancy," etc. that anyone could wind up seeing. I'm desensitized to morgue photographs but I'm greatly affected by what was shown. God knows how everyday people would react to a mutilated face of a young woman.

I reported the three photos that I found on Instagram. I know they are trying to help with the case, but they tagged the photos with everyday searches such as "pregnancy," etc. that anyone could wind up seeing. I'm desensitized to morgue photographs but I'm greatly affected by what was shown. God knows how everyday people would react to a mutilated face of a young woman.

Thanks for reporting this, I would NOT want anyone to accidentally stumble upon it.

Here is my interpretation of how she would have looked in life (based only on the left side of a frontal photo of her face).
a9f6d1a8-2dce-4775-99ab-2a72dadd9b5d.jpg

Your reconstruction looks more than a little like Baltimore County Jane Doe, at least to me, Carl.

279UFMD2.jpg

I would dearly love to know if these girls are connected somehow.

I don't think so. They were both strangled, but Beth was shot and dismembered too. BJD was raped, Beth was not. I would guess Beth's murderer wanted her gone because of pregnancy while BJD's death was more sexually violent. Also, Beth's body was attempted to be thrown into water, BJD's was more out in the open, like her killer(s) wanted it to be found.

Redmond has been suggested a number of times because of the rather strong resemblance and the coincidence of dates, but in the first thread CCJD told us she'd been ruled out. If I recall, it was a combination of circumstances (Redmond likely died when she went missing) and not being pregnant as far as anybody knows. She'd have had to have been about six months along, so it's not like nobody would have known.

Betty Redmond's circumstances of disappearance were quite bizarre. I very much doubt she is Beth, though, due to what carbuff said.

I don't think so. They were both strangled, but Beth was shot and dismembered too. BJD was raped, Beth was not. I would guess Beth's murderer wanted her gone because of pregnancy while BJD's death was more sexually violent. Also, Beth's body was attempted to be thrown into water, BJD's was more out in the open, like her killer(s) wanted it to be found.

It may have actually been possible that Beth may have been sexually assaulted. The ME may have had trouble determining it due to the condition of the body. In a lot of cases, some police decline to release such details to the public (despite that all sorts of gory details were made available in this case) and may or may not release them until identification or a major break delopes, most notably with the David Stack, Deanna Criswell and the 1980 Ventura/Kern County Jane Does.

It may have actually been possible that Beth may have been sexually assaulted. The ME may have had trouble determining it due to the condition of the body. In a lot of cases, some police decline to release such details to the public (despite that all sorts of gory details were made available in this case) and may or may not release them until identification or a major break delopes, most notably with the David Stack, Deanna Criswell and the 1980 Ventura/Kern County Jane Does.

Well, even if she was sexually assaulted, it wouldn't appear that her death was completely sexual in nature. Beth appeared to have been killed by someone with lots of spare time, and someone who was clearly enraged. Her remains were mutilated, and she was heavily pregnant; Baltimore Jane was not pregnant, nor mutilated.

If I were to guess, I would say Baltimore Jane's was more random, though I don't know if it was.

Instagram still hasn't deleted the PMs of Beth. If they don't soon, I'm strongly considering a change.org petition. This is not okay.

Thank you for reporting it--I truly hope they will. If they don't, I will VERY happily sign your petition!

Are you all new to the internet? You're really reporting a graphic picture?

There are young children who use Instagram and should not be exposed to such things. Also, graphic pictures can really affect people with certain mental health issues. My younger sister suffers with schizophrenia (she is stable, though. I thank god every day for that. ) however she can be 'triggered' easily. She once saw a PM of Ruthie because she wanted to borrow my laptop and she found it hard to sleep for a few weeks after that because she thought she could see Ruthie walking around :( so yes, there are some fragile people out there.

She had a badly mutilated face (and body!). I would love to also take the Black Dahlia's PM.pics off the internet, but I know that won't happen.
Point is, it's a mutilated face of a young woman that anyone could see. The only one that needs to see it is Carl, to make the recon. It should not be passed around by random people on the internet like baseball cards. Let her rest.

There are young children who use Instagram and should not be exposed to such things. Also, graphic pictures can really affect people with certain mental health issues. My younger sister suffers with schizophrenia (she is stable, though. I thank god every day for that. ) however she can be 'triggered' easily. She once saw a PM of Ruthie because she wanted to borrow my laptop and she found it hard to sleep for a few weeks after that because she thought she could see Ruthie walking around :( so yes, there are some fragile people out there.

Your poor sister, I am so sorry!

You cannot blame people who are mentally ill for being triggered. Especially when the PM pic was under everyday tags like "pregnancy".

Your poor sister, I am so sorry!

You cannot blame people who are mentally ill for being triggered. Especially when the PM pic was under everyday tags like "pregnancy".
Thanks for your kind wishes Springrain! She is fine at the moment thankfully :)

Instagram still hasn't deleted the PMs of Beth. If they don't soon, I'm strongly considering a change.org petition. This is not okay.

Starting a petition would only bring more attention to the pic. JMO

There are 52,700 people following the account anyway, though I do see your point. It seems we just can't win until IG takes it down.

Not necessarily. The petition would probably be more of a warning or preparing for people not to search for it. The only reason why I feel it should be removed is because of other people accidentally finding it since there are tags on the picture such as "pregnancy," "anatomy" and "cold case" that anyone could search for or click on and accidentally be exposed to the graphic morgue photo, even though incidental exposure to mortuary images (less graphic, of course) should probably be expected with the last two. Most on Websleuths can probably agree that seeing pictures of dead bodies isn't as alarming because we're used to seeing them. However, the average nine to thirty-year-old would probably scream if something like a murdered woman with her nose cut off.

Instagram also has a policy against posting photos that depict "graphic violence," which the morgue pic clearly depicts.

Not necessarily. The petition would probably be more of a warning or preparing for people not to search for it. The only reason why I feel it should be removed is because of other people accidentally finding it since there are tags on the picture such as "pregnancy," "anatomy" and "cold case" that anyone could search for or click on and accidentally be exposed to the graphic morgue photo, even though incidental exposure to mortuary images (less graphic, of course) should probably be expected with the last two. Most on Websleuths can probably agree that seeing pictures of dead bodies isn't as alarming because we're used to seeing them. However, the average nine to thirty-year-old would probably scream if something like a murdered woman with her nose cut off.

Instagram also has a policy against posting photos that depict "graphic violence," which the morgue pic clearly depicts.

Yes, I'm sure the mutilated face of a young woman is categorized as "graphic" (VERY graphic) violence. I don't think a PM of that nature should be under tags were an eight year old can see them (yes, 8 year olds use Instagram. It doesn't matter whether their parents let them or not--rules are not going to stop them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss