Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FIOA request today in to both Hawley borough for police reports involving cars towed (dec1976 to Fed1977). Stroud police too- let's see what they do as the Hawley police is right down the road in wayne co- and Stroud police is pike co. no idea who is going to cover that area in 1976- and if they were called at all.

I have a lot of thoughts jumbled in my mind, but only clear enough to actually put into words. One is that she may have been abducted somewhere in Europe when she was about 12, brought to the states and held captive somewhere in the SE states until she tried to protect her baby by leaving. Once she was found, she was murdered to keep her from doing it again and telling her story to someone who might believe her.

Whether that part is true or not, I was wondering if the writing on her hand was a partial license plate number from a vehicle that had been hunting her down. She may have been interrupted while writing it to give to LE.

Sorry, that's all I have. Nothing very useful.

MOO

I know who actually killed her-

I am 100% wrong in my theory about the drug runners from Mt. Pocono.

after more reading I found an interesting article about Ed Wayne Edwards - he was a serial killer who traveled after writing his 1972 book - here is the key to his killings...his own writings were his ritual ...he admitted to the media before the police that he killed his adopted son, and 4 other people. (those where the ones he admitted) watch the 2010 video if you google it- there is no doubt that he has zero value for life...

I found his whole book OCRed to the internet (used it is like $200- for an out of print book) I have to hunt the used book stores to see if I can find it some place for what it's worth -about a dollar....

what I found tied in perfect to Beth Doe- he talked about his time while at Leavenworth- his wife Marlene divorced him, and lost his baby- in his book he has a fight with her about her cheating on him when they move away from Indianapolis - what he says he will do to Marlene during the fight is what he actually does to Beth Doe. literally word for word- and there is more...at the end of the marriage to Marlene he first says if he could get his hands around her neck he'd strangle her, but he can't -so he shrugs it off as "WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE" -where he dumped the body of Beth Doe.

here is one other detail- if you look up Marlene's picture and compare her to Beth Doe's composite- they look very much alike.

his book is the key -the thing is he's being smart and repeating ritual killings that don't look like they have a pattern to keep from getting caught.

admins I'm posting a link to the author of a book about Ed Wayne Edwards- John Cameron - who I have been in contact w/ via email about Beth Doe-

http://coldcasecameron.com/

he's agreed it looks like another murder Edwards did-
I was going to cut and paste his emailed response to my questions, I decided it's best not to post his conversation since I never asked him if I could... -everything fits the time line of who did it- but I can't find any link of him traveling during Dec of 1976- it seems all he did was travel from 1974-to the early 80s where he ran out of money and started burning houses down for insurance money. I still strongly think he would have burned where ever he actually murdered Beth Doe- to cover up his kill room, he would have had 7-12 hours to drive her body to Pa- so there is no telling what state that she was even murdered in...it could have been Ga- in 1974 he was living in Doyalstown, OH- and would have driven home on I80 from almost anywhere on the east coast.

nothing tells me the only thing I want to actually know- who she was.

what I can say is edwards was traveling across the US speaking as a motivational speaker about prison reform, he would go to churches, police academies, retreats, schools - while he was living in one state he would travel and kill someone in another state (and from Cameron's writings he was a genius- and would frame other people for his murders to keep from getting caught along with varying his MO to keep from making a pattern so it looked like more then one person killing).

the only thing I can think of is the NY papers could have been a clue to get someone else arrested...and how do you research arson that year in NY?

Richard Keiper grew up in the Poconos, he has now been arrested for the murder of man from the Poconos in 1968 over a car. He then fled the area joining a traveling circus. He moved to Texas but has ties to Florida. Long shot thought here but they say Beth may have come from Texas
This man would have been thirty in 1976. This man had been a suspect in the murder of the man from the Poconos early on when he tried to sell the gun saying it had been used in a murder. They are now checking other unsolved cases to see if he is connected in any way. There are several people with his last name living in White Haven.

I know who actually killed her-

I am 100% wrong in my theory about the drug runners from Mt. Pocono.

after more reading I found an interesting article about Ed Wayne Edwards - he was a serial killer who traveled after writing his 1972 book - here is the key to his killings...his own writings were his ritual ...he admitted to the media before the police that he killed his adopted son, and 4 other people. (those where the ones he admitted) watch the 2010 video if you google it- there is no doubt that he has zero value for life...

I found his whole book OCRed to the internet (used it is like $200- for an out of print book) I have to hunt the used book stores to see if I can find it some place for what it's worth -about a dollar....

what I found tied in perfect to Beth Doe- he talked about his time while at Leavenworth- his wife Marlene divorced him, and lost his baby- in his book he has a fight with her about her cheating on him when they move away from Indianapolis - what he says he will do to Marlene during the fight is what he actually does to Beth Doe. literally word for word- and there is more...at the end of the marriage to Marlene he first says if he could get his hands around her neck he'd strangle her, but he can't -so he shrugs it off as "WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE" -where he dumped the body of Beth Doe.

here is one other detail- if you look up Marlene's picture and compare her to Beth Doe's composite- they look very much alike.

his book is the key -the thing is he's being smart and repeating ritual killings that don't look like they have a pattern to keep from getting caught.

admins I'm posting a link to the author of a book about Ed Wayne Edwards- John Cameron - who I have been in contact w/ via email about Beth Doe-

http://coldcasecameron.com/

he's agreed it looks like another murder Edwards did-
I was going to cut and paste his emailed response to my questions, I decided it's best not to post his conversation since I never asked him if I could... -everything fits the time line of who did it- but I can't find any link of him traveling during Dec of 1976- it seems all he did was travel from 1974-to the early 80s where he ran out of money and started burning houses down for insurance money. I still strongly think he would have burned where ever he actually murdered Beth Doe- to cover up his kill room, he would have had 7-12 hours to drive her body to Pa- so there is no telling what state that she was even murdered in...it could have been Ga- in 1974 he was living in Doyalstown, OH- and would have driven home on I80 from almost anywhere on the east coast.

nothing tells me the only thing I want to actually know- who she was.

what I can say is edwards was traveling across the US speaking as a motivational speaker about prison reform, he would go to churches, police academies, retreats, schools - while he was living in one state he would travel and kill someone in another state (and from Cameron's writings he was a genius- and would frame other people for his murders to keep from getting caught along with varying his MO to keep from making a pattern so it looked like more then one person killing).

the only thing I can think of is the NY papers could have been a clue to get someone else arrested...and how do you research arson that year in NY?

Interesting stats concerning arson in New York, circa 1976..

http://burned.journalism.cuny.edu/the-history-of-burned-new-york-boroughs/

Was Elizabeth Porto pregnant at this time? Was she carrying near full term?

I found half of her morgue photo online. It was probably one of the worst ive seen. I cant imagine what she went through.

I'm shocked LE would release her post-mortem photos considering her nose was cut off. Are you sure you saw photos of Beth Doe and not someone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never mind, I found what you're referring to. Can't imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;xCA9DEIRdZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCA9DEIRdZI[/video]

[video=youtube;xCA9DEIRdZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCA9DEIRdZI[/video]

Chilling, you would think he was sitting there talking about mowing the lawn, or paying a gas bill, not about killing someone who called him " Pops". imo

I found half of her morgue photo online. It was probably one of the worst ive seen. I cant imagine what she went through.

Do you feel that the recons accurately depict her look? Or was her face too damaged to tell (which I suspect?)

I ask because I really do not want to see the post-mortem.

The only post-mortem photo that exists online, to my knowledge, only shows half of her face. The other half of the image is her reconstruction, superimposed onto the photo to show how the features were rendered. Out of curiosity, I took a screenshot of the half of the photo & then flipped it to create a full image of her face. Based on that, the new reconstruction of her (attached for reference) looks pretty close to what I would imagine she would look like in life. The mole on her forehead is a bit more prominent than what's depicted though. Also, there is another mole on her cheek that isn't depicted in the reconstruction. As you know, the nose is a bit of a guess, like what an artist would do with a reconstruction of a skull. Screen Shot 2015-10-31 at 8.18.53 PM.jpg

If anyone wants to see the image I put together from the half of her post-mortem shown online, PM me & I'll send to you. I don't want to post it, as it's very graphic.

The only post-mortem photo that exists online, to my knowledge, only shows half of her face. The other half of the image is her reconstruction, superimposed onto the photo to show how the features were rendered. Out of curiosity, I took a screenshot of the half of the photo & then flipped it to create a full image of her face. Based on that, the new reconstruction of her (attached for reference) looks pretty close to what I would imagine she would look like in life. The mole on her forehead is a bit more prominent than what's depicted though. Also, there is another mole on her cheek that isn't depicted in the reconstruction. As you know, the nose is a bit of a guess, like what an artist would do with a reconstruction of a skull.
attachment.php

Thanks, you answered my question very thoroughly! Another thanks for not posting the post mortem pic.

Rose Cole isn't on the Namus ruleouts, but I think she could be a possibility. Pregnancy is a good motive for running away. I think she and Beth doe have slight resemblance, but it's hard to know due to the brutal murder of Beth.

If anyone wants to see the image I put together from the half of her post-mortem shown online, PM me & I'll send to you. I don't want to post it, as it's very graphic.

I do not understand why anyone would post the autopsy picture online, considering this girls death. Not a criticism of you btw, taramarie, I just don't know why it would be publically accessible in the first place! There are young children on the internet.

I do not understand why anyone would post the autopsy picture online, considering this girls death. Not a criticism of you btw, taramarie, I just don't know why it would be publically accessible in the first place! There are young children on the internet.

I agree 100%...only reason I asked was to know about the resemblance to the recon by NCMEC...I had assumed for the longest time that the PM pic was not available. I can't believe they would make photo of a young woman with her nose cut off publically available...horrible...yet they won't publish the high quality photograph of the writing on her hand.
May Beth and Baby Doe RIP.

I got a copy of the partial PM from Taramarie (thanks), and I am working on a new recon.

JMHO - She looks much more like the older recon. I don't think she looks at all like the new recon. She has a very European look. The new NCMEC recon makes her look mediterranean or middle eastern. I don't see that look at all in the PM photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jboo1119