Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Betty Redmond might have been discussed on here, is she listed on Beth's rule out list, IIRC she isn't, I'll have to look. It doesn't list any scars for Betty though but something could have happened to her between September to December to cause a scar. In the beginning I had thought a lot about Waverly-Shell Rock school in Iowa. There was a girl missing from the area there that I tried to find more info on, she had a sister, the mother and father split and I think the girls lived with him. I think the father worked at a local factory, anyway the girl was never found. I tried to look for year books but couldn't find what I was looking for and it's hard to get info without paying or being a graduate from different schools.

Found an old post of mine you have to scroll down.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-169UFPA-16-22-Dec-76-2&p=9483444#post9483444

I think Betty Redmond might have been discussed on here, is she listed on Beth's rule out list, IIRC she isn't, I'll have to look. It doesn't list any scars for Betty though but something could have happened to her between September to December to cause a scar. In the beginning I had thought a lot about Waverly-Shell Rock school in Iowa. There was a girl missing from the area there that I tried to find more info on, she had a sister, the mother and father split and I think the girls lived with him. I think the father worked at a local factory, anyway the girl was never found. I tried to look for year books but couldn't find what I was looking for and it's hard to get info without paying or being a graduate from different schools.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-169UFPA-16-22-Dec-76-2&p=9483444#post9483444

Is this the girl you were referring to?
Also, a comment/query concerning a disabled girl who was missing at my above link, bottom of page.

"On June 15, 1971, the partially clad body of 14-year-old Valerie Lynn Klossowsky of Waverly was found on a creek bank under a bridge three miles west of Denver, Iowa. The Waverly-Shell Rock Junior High School student also had been strangled."

Never thought to look but Beth is on Wiki, having trouble accessing the different articles though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_Doe

rbbm
From the link..

"Three missing people have been excluded as possible identities of Beth Doe. Iris Brown, of Vermont along with Teresa Fittin, of Florida, Trenny Gibson and Anna Leatherwood, of Tennesee and Valerie Cuccia and Denise Sheehy, of New York have all been ruled out"

rbbm
From the link..

"Three missing people have been excluded as possible identities of Beth Doe. Iris Brown, of Vermont along with Teresa Fittin, of Florida, Trenny Gibson and Anna Leatherwood, of Tennesee and Valerie Cuccia and Denise Sheehy, of New York have all been ruled out"

So Betty was never ruled out.

It might have been Valarie that I was checking into and just couldn't remember that her body was found. I will look back through my notes to see if it was her or someone else, or maybe I was just thinking that the person who killed her might have had something to do with Beth's death. Can't remember now lol, been thinking about Beth now since 2007.

This case is haunting for many reasons, one thing that does not make sense is why certain body parts were removed, like the nose.
Could Beth have been a victim of a practice , such as this? In the pic. the women have writing on their hands.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ictim-must-have-her-nose-cut-off-9951956.html

Indian village elders order alleged rape victim must have her nose cut off

"...the case is reminiscent of the controversial 2010 front cover of Time magazine, which showed an 18-year-old Afghan girl who was sentenced by a Taliban commander to have her nose and ears cut off.

Named only as Aisha, she was maimed as punishment for fleeing from her abusive husband and his family".

Betty Redmond has come up before. I'll try to find the earlier discussion when I get back. Too hard to search on the phone.

My memory is that the match went nowhere because MD police are convinced she was murdered at the time by her husband.

Beth Doe NamUs; no she is not listed

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Iris Brown 1948 Vermont
Valarie Cuccia 1953 New York
Teresa Fittin 1957 Florida
Trenny Gibson 1960 Tennessee
Anna Leatherwood 1921 Tennessee
Denise Sheehy 1954 New York

Betty Redmond has come up before. I'll try to find the earlier discussion when I get back. Too hard to search on the phone.

My memory is that the match went nowhere because MD police are convinced she was murdered at the time by her husband.

Sure reads like she is in a body of water. I started doing a search then ran out of time. I have one post copied

Betty Redmond CP

Post 143
Yeah, the timing's certainly right for Karen Kamsch, and if you read between the lines of what otherwise tight-lipped police and family members say, such as that she was being abused at the time of her disappearance (even after moving in with her grandmother to escape her father), that "she was suffering" when she vanished, or that someone in the family likely knows more than they're saying, it seems possible that she was pregnant when she went missing.

As far as school goes, some accounts state that she was in school in June of 1976, but we are also told that the school contacted her grandmother, Olga, when she didn't show for classes, and then the grandmother returned home to find her missing, with possessions including her winter coat left in her bedroom, so it seems that she was still in school. Our Carbon County Doe is supposed to have been murdered 7 to 24 hours before her remains were found on December 20th of that year, which would presumably have been about the time that students at Karen's school would have expected to have been let out for Christmas break.

On the other hand, Karen would have been 15 on January 19, 1977, so she's a little under the age range, here, and it seems that although she was (reading between the lines of various reports) possibly being sexually abused by her father, she was doing well enough in school in years prior to have skipped the sixth grade on the basis of her academic achievement, which doesn't line up well with missing teeth. Her brother, who eventually discovered that she wasn't in missing persons databases, was about 5 or 6 years younger than she, it seems. The house that used to belong to her grandmother is now occupied by her uncle and aunt. Police say that some of her relations have been forthcoming, and others have not, and they have focused on a person of interest who is either in her immediate family or very close to it. They searched a capped well in the property's back yard and found items of interest that somehow bolster the theory that she was murdered, but which do not, despite early speculation, appear to include human remains.

Karen doesn't much resemble this UID, though, beyond being female, brown-eyed, and possibly pregnant. The last information, though at her age she likely would still have been growing, puts her at about 5' 0", whereas our UID is estimated to have stood 5' 4". Karen appears to have more widely spaced eyes, a fuller mouth, and a more pronounced chin. She doesn't appear 'Mediterranean'. Betty Irene Redmond went missing from Karen's home town, Pasadena, MD, on the date of the NY Times found stuffed into the suitcases with the remains, September 26, 1976, but that makes it unlikely that she's our UID, too, since she would have had to have remained alive for several months before her murder, and since suspicion has focused on the husband who reported her missing under strange circumstances (leaving stealthily in the middle of the night with their .22 pistol, with their vehicle later located at a nearby airport), then the killer would have had to have chosen to dump her with a newspaper that would have tied his victim to that date. The newspaper seems a red herring, to me. There is a WSR radio station at Stevenson University in the Baltimore area, but again, that's likely a coincidence, just as it's likely a coincidence that two females from Pasadena went missing within a few months in 1976. I'm hoping that if Betty Irene Redmond had been very pregnant at the time of her disappearance, someone would have mentioned that and it would be on her profiles.

I see that this UID still doesn't have any rule-outs in NamUs, although there's DNA on file

Iris Brown 1948 Vermont
Valarie Cuccia 1953 New York
Teresa Fittin 1957 Florida
Trenny Gibson 1960 Tennessee
Anna Leatherwood 1921 Tennessee
Denise Sheehy 1954 New York

That 1921 date just fascinates me. Why bother......we KNOW she wasn't THAT old.....right?

Originally I thought Karen was a big possibility. Once in a while I scout around for does that might be Karen......poor thing.

I take that to mean they're taking the Tennessee possibility very seriously and checking all missing women from Tennessee.

Roxann Deihl does not have a thread on here, at least I can't find one, I'm not sure how to start one. Even though I think the age is off, it would be interesting to compare her case to Beth's, considering Stroudsburg is not that far from White Haven traveling the interstate. There is an article in the Pocono Record of this girl in 1972 hanging upside down in a playground. You have to pay to see it though. If anything, exploring may be able to help her brother out and maybe they could possibly add her to Beth's rule out list.

According to Roxanne's sister, Roxanne was located alive.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-find-missing-Roxann-Deihl/1549923785286513?fref=nf

This inmate has s. assaulted and murdered, or been suspected of murdering, a number of females, both adults and children in the Tennessee area, mid 70's.
All of his victims, including one 9 year old, are approx. 5' feet tall.
Thinking of Beth..
https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2009/7/15/ruling_excludes_cops_theory_of_how_marcia_trimble_died

"The woman was petite in stature – just under five feet, just over 100 pounds. Sarah Des Prez, the 19-year-old Vanderbilt University student Barrett was convicted earlier this year of killing, was also of small stature, Metro homicide detective Pat Postiglione testified. That murder occurred Feb. 2, 1975. Postiglione noted that neither of these grown women was much larger than Trimble, who was 9 years old at the time of her killing."

This case is really so heartbreaking to read and I was wondering whether it was possible that she was kidnapped as a child and made pregnant by the kidnapper who then decided to get rid of her and the baby. Horrible to think about but, I suppose anything is possible.

I was searching through missing persons and I was wondering whether anyone considered Jan Andre Cotta as a match?
I cannot find any rule out list, so I thought that I would include her here. Her name seems to be European and she has a mole on her cheek similar to what Beth Doe has. Does anyone know whether she has been ruled out?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cotta_jan.html

I think Cotta's club foot would have been obvious on the post-mortem examination.

If I remember correctly, Beth Doe had brown eyes and Jan Cotta blue, which pretty much, I guess, rules her out.

beth.jpg

I've put together some pictures of young women on NAMUS who resemble Beth somewhat and went missing around the correct time, though not the correct location. It's hard because we can't be certain of the nose, so I've tried to focus on face shape, especially her jawline.

To be honest though, I don't think Beth has been reported missing.

View attachment 72359

I've put together some pictures of young women on NAMUS who resemble Beth somewhat and went missing around the correct time, though not the correct location. It's hard because we can't be certain of the nose, so I've tried to focus on face shape, especially her jawline.

To be honest though, I don't think Beth has been reported missing.

Found alive, and safe. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member