Paris - Fire at Notre Dame Cathedral, Apr 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Churches are attacked in France on a daily basis.

Evem if there are no indications now, and even if proof may perish in the fire, be cautious about excluding terrorism. Because the Notre Dame would have been on their list, just as the Sagrada Familia and the Vatican.
Especially during Holy Week.

A piece of the Crown of thorns, two other important relics are located in the spire.

Grave danger of almost total loss of the cathedral.
And the beautiful Rose Window. During WWII, this window was dismantled piece by piece and stored so as not to be destroyed if the Cathedral were bombed. And then it was replaced piece by piece. This building is such an icon of the city as well as entire neighborhood around it. Just so triste.

One of the ground based hoses was just turned on ... BBC has been wondering how the building survived Hitler's order to burn Paris, and there was no contingency plan for today. It took too long for firefighters to get to the fire and turn on the water.

The entire wooden interior is burning, and likely to be destroyed, according to reporting from the AP.

“Everything is burning, and nothing will remain from the frame.”

Citing spokesman for Catholic Church.

Wow just awful. Close to tears myself. Grateful I visited several times. And Holy Week. The hits just keep on coming. Depressing...feels so ominous. Ugh
Me too. I spent lots of time in Paris by myself, just sitting in the Parvis de Nôtre Dame (plaza) and this is breaking my heart. I can't believe they may not be able to save it.

One of the ground based hoses was just turned on ... BBC has been wondering how the building survived Hitler's order to burn Paris, and there was no contingency plan for today. It took too long for firefighters to get to the fire and turn on the water.
Honestly I don't think it would have been savable. It's too big. They'll be lucky to contain it to the one building.

The entire wooden interior is burning, and likely to be destroyed, according to reporting for the AP.

“Everything is burning, and nothing will remain from the frame.”

Citing spokesman for Catholic Church.
I hope the frame does indeed survive and the place is rebuilt....even if it takes hundreds of more years.

jmo

Reminds me of the devastating fire that burned down the museum in Brazil a year or so ago. It all went down so fast, gone forever.

jmo

Fox News was just interviewing someone who started to go into conspiracy theories, and it they cut him off. They said we are not going to go into Political or conspiracy theories.
Yeah, some French government official.

Good on Shep Smith.

No sense going there when there is no evidence of nefarious activity, and all signs are pointing to some sort of accident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska
Back