Paris - Fire at Notre Dame Cathedral, Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How much more daylight will there be in Paris?
Not much. An hour or so maybe.

This is heartbreaking. The stone facade looks like the only thing that will survive, all the priceless artworks, stained glass windows, mosaics, centuries worth of tombs, all gone. We're watching one of the most important historical buildings in Europe go up in smoke.

I have seen one Fire Dept.water hose from a crane working, and about 6 firefighters on a roof section standing. Does Paris have a Fire Department ?
I don't think there's much they can do. The part that's burning is difficult to get to being on an islet, and they have to think of risk to the firemen from falling masonry.

I have seen one Fire Dept.water hose from a crane working, and about 6 firefighters on a roof section standing. Does Paris have a Fire Department ?

Paris Fire Brigade - Wikipedia

Sadly this part of Paris is difficult to access, I'd say. Many small bridges crossing over the Seine on both sides Also very small streets on the island.

Last edited:
Paris Fire Brigade - Wikipedia

Sadly this part of Paris is difficult to access, I'd say. Many small bridges crossing over the Seine on both side. Also very small streets on the island.
No fire boats, I guess. I'd love to see a fire boat on the water spraying a huge stream. But, really, it wouldn't be enough even if it were possible. The fire looks un-fightable. Containment is likely the goal. And protecting lives, of course.

jmo

edited to add missing words

I guess they can't drop water into it because of scaffolding, and because of dangers of affecting other areas outside of the target area.

And the things that we see they're usually done with forest fires, they can't use those retardance because of people around there because it would be toxic to the people in the crowds. M o o

CNN live broadcast had retired NYC Deputy Fire Chief Jim Bullock on. He said that with the roof collapsed the walls are now subject to possible collapse. "The roof is part of the structure that keeps the walls together."

Sorry, no link yet. This was from live TV.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awesomewallflower
Back