Paris - Fire at Notre Dame Cathedral, Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Honestly I don't think it would have been savable. It's too big. They'll be lucky to contain it to the one building.
So many little shops along the side roads. Crêperies and touristy places. . Everything is so close together there. The Parisiens must be devastated. The Champs-Elysées just had many windows broken and areas destroyed a few weeks ago. That was deliberate. Hope this is not, not that is really matters if the building is destroyed.

Cathedrals in French seem always to be covered in scaffolding, for cleaning and reparations. Wonder what could have made a fire break out?

Last edited:
Horrible news. It dates from 1156, and has withstood wars, revolution and the Black Death.

All gone in less than an hour.
Such a sense that we're letting down history - that we haven't managed to hold up our end as guardians, haven't protected was was left to us to give to the people who follow us.

I don't mean to be overly melodramatic...just feeling this loss in the heart.

jmo

Oh my gosh! I am in tears. My sister just called me, and two and a half hours after the fire began I only see a small amount of Fire folks on scene.

From the early days of hand bucket brigades with neighbors helping neighbors with buckets, I dont understand why in this year 2019 there are not helicopters and planes oncall 24 hour a day to be available to immediately be deployed to dump huge buckets of water and flame retardant powders. It seems to me this would have already been a standard to have in these cities that have priceless architectural buildings from centuries ago. They are priceless and we have to be ready at all times to counter a fire such as this.

Its not like big cities havent experienced huge fires years ago that have warned cities that big fires could happen. The old Chicago fire and others.

I dont understand why we didnt see a more rapid response of tons of gallons of water and fire retardant being dumped on it from the air using helicopters and planes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awesomewallflower
Back