Pastor - Neil Schori

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She called him to set up the discussion the day before according to what he said on Greta. I think she would not have wanted to meet with him privately because of the nature of Drew possibly coming into the church office and spouting off and intimadating the pastor. The pastor did say that in one previous session with Drew he had found him intimadating..butwould not elaborate on rather it was something Drew said or he did.

Remember they are getting marriage counseling through this pastor. So maybe Stacy wants to clear her conscience and also explain why this marriage has a snowballs chance in hell of working out between them.
She may also have sworn him to keep her conversation private at all cost unless something happened to her..and she may have begged him not to divulge this info until that point.

I think a lot of it is going to come down to the question of whether it is considered counseling or not. Was this a scheduled appt. for Stacy to meet with the pastor for counseling?
Or did she just drop in to speak with him, as he made himself available? Was this counseling or friendship?
"Schori said Stacy Peterson called him in August. He agreed to meet her at a coffee shop." So she did not just drop in, it was a requested meeting by SP.

Doesn't that article combine what other people from many different church backgrounds say, not just Neil's school?

I found that article gutless and tasteless. It is very easy to kick a person when they are down and distance yourself from them..which is what these professed men of God have done to Neil. For goodness sake..being in a classroom and teaching environment is one thing..dealing with the pressures of ministering to and counseling parshioners in the real world is quite another.

And what did Stacy request..we have to keep in mind would these teachers have turned Stacy away if she said she must meet him in a public place? We still don't know all the facts yet because Neil could not give them to Greta at LE's request.

Doesn't that article combine what other people from many different church backgrounds say, not just Neil's school?

I found that article gutless and tasteless. It is very easy to kick a person when they are down and distance yourself from them..which is what these professed men of God have done to Neil. For goodness sake..being in a classroom and teaching environment is one thing..dealing with the pressures of ministering to and counseling parshioners in the real world is quite another.

And what did Stacy request..we have to keep in mind would these teachers have turned Stacy away if she said she must meet him in a public place? We still don't know all the facts yet because Neil could not give them to Greta at LE's request.

I edited my post to reflect only the answer that it was a requested meeting.

As paranoid as Drew is I do not put it past him to have picked the church's locks in the dead of night and set up bugs in the pastor's offices if he truly felt that something was going on between the two of them.

Also Stacy knew he was stalking her and knew he was watching her every move. I do not think she would have met with any man any place that was not absolutely public. Look what he did at Denny's when she is with a group of nurses at dinner. This man was relentlessly looking for proof that she was being unfaithful and or telling the story of Kathleen.

I edited my post to reflect only the answer that it was a requested meeting.

Oh TG..I didn't mean you..I read that article earlier and it just made me so mad that these people who should support this young pastor and maybe only say that they didn't know all the facts or that he was between a rock and a hard place came thundering down against him.

Guess I just didn't like their holier then thou stance when they don't know the whole story anymore then we do.

I am so sorry if I affended you..I would never want to do that to you.
Please accept my apology.

DD

Oh TG..I didn't mean you..I read that article earlier and it just made me so mad that these people who should support this young pastor and maybe only say that they didn't know all the facts or that he was between a rock and a hard place came thundering down against him.

Guess I just didn't like their holier then thou stance when they don't know the whole story anymore then we do.

I am so sorry if I affended you..I would never want to do that to you.
Please accept my apology.
DD
You didn't in any way DD, so no apology please silly girl!

Uhm..HELLO? Who was the pastor supposed to report this to?! The very police department that had covered up the death of Kathleen and ruled it as accidental where Drew worked?! He was in as much of a situation as Stacy, Cassandra, Sharon, or anyone else who knew information about Drew and his abuse of both women.

The pastor was not given direct information such as it would be if Drew had confessed to him. What he was told was coming from a woman considering a divorce and while he was frightened by what she told him...he had no cooberating evidence to report. For him to have gone to LE with the information could have placed Stacy in certain danger since LE would have gone directly to Drew with it. He had no way of knowing at the time she would not get out of the marriage safely.

Hindsight would have had him act differently in this case, but I don't think we can fault this pastor. I believe he acted accordingly and is doing the right thing by speaking out now because he believes she is no longer alive so is willing to forego any confidentiality clause or unwritten law for what is appropriate for him to divulge.

Also, the pastor stated that Drew immediately called and left a voice message for him while he was meeting with Stacy...so Drew knew of the meeting and probably where it was taking place. He requested a meeting for himself which the pastor turned down under the circumstances. (He couldn't have hidden what Stacy had told him from Drew, imo. Drew was more trained than any psychologist/counselor to read a person. He would have known that Stacy had told him and put the pastor in immediate danger.)

I agree SS with everything in your post.

The call to the pastor's office while he and Stacy were in the coffee shop. That would have clinched the deal for me to not go any further with this unless it was at Stacy's request.

I think a lot of it is going to come down to the question of whether it is considered counseling or not. Was this a scheduled appt. for Stacy to meet with the pastor for counseling?
"Schori said Stacy Peterson called him in August. He agreed to meet her at a coffee shop." So she did not just drop in, it was a requested meeting by SP.

So I read this as being an unofficial, off the record meeting per Stacy's request. Not a formal counseling session. She requested it to be done at the coffee shop- a less formal meeting more like two friends than counselor/patient.

The pastor is skirting the rules, but that is why there is usually a strong division between counselors and friends. Counselors just don't do formal counseling with friends because they get into this ethical nightmare.

I don't think he skirted anything. I think it is entirely appropriate in this day and age for a counseling session to take place in a coffee shop. Not only is the person more comfortable, it also insures that nothing inappropriate happens between the parishoner and the pastor whereas meeting behind closed doors has become a practice which can be called into question.

Uhm..HELLO? Who was the pastor supposed to report this to?! The very police department that had covered up the death of Kathleen and ruled it as accidental where Drew worked?! He was in as much of a situation as Stacy, Cassandra, Sharon, or anyone else who knew information about Drew and his abuse of both women.

The pastor was not given direct information such as it would be if Drew had confessed to him. What he was told was coming from a woman considering a divorce and while he was frightened by what she told him...he had no cooberating evidence to report. For him to have gone to LE with the information could have placed Stacy in certain danger since LE would have gone directly to Drew with it. He had no way of knowing at the time she would not get out of the marriage safely.

Hindsight would have had him act differently in this case, but I don't think we can fault this pastor. I believe he acted accordingly and is doing the right thing by speaking out now because he believes she is no longer alive so is willing to forego any confidentiality clause or unwritten law for what is appropriate for him to divulge.

Also, the pastor stated that Drew immediately called and left a voice message for him while he was meeting with Stacy...so Drew knew of the meeting and probably where it was taking place. He requested a meeting for himself which the pastor turned down under the circumstances. (He couldn't have hidden what Stacy had told him from Drew, imo. Drew was more trained than any psychologist/counselor to read a person. He would have known that Stacy had told him and put the pastor in immediate danger.)

:clap:

I also don't think the pastor could report anything before Stacey went missing because it would implicate her in at least a cover up. Reporting would have made the LE look at her and the information she knew about KP's death and the fact she lied for DP. It could even have made her a suspect in KP's murder if DP tried to twist it that way.

I also don't think the pastor could report anything before Stacey went missing because it would implicate her in at least a cover up. Reporting would have made the LE look at her and the information she knew about KP's death and the fact she lied for DP. It could even have made her a suspect in KP's murder if DP tried to twist it that way.

--->>>Wellll, given your post you have presented a worthy thought about whether Stacy might have gone 'missing' on her own until DP gets nailed. OR OR until the corruption in the BBPD is corrected.

OH the bill for the searches, and ISP investigations etc. $$$$$$$$$$$.

Not likely given all the other ODD behaviors of DP.

I don't think the pastor was thinking along those lines, imo. I could be wrong, but I think he was more worried about her being harmed instead of arrested.

--->>>Wellll, given your post you have presented a worthy thought about whether Stacy might have gone 'missing' on her own until DP gets nailed. OR OR until the corruption in the BBPD is corrected.

OH the bill for the searches, and ISP investigations etc. $$$$$$$$$$$.

Not likely given all the other ODD behaviors of DP.

While it is food for thought, the FBI and other agencies would not be pouring out money in the millions to search for a woman they believe to be in hiding. They must have reasons to believe she is the victim of foul play which we are not aware of.

While it is food for thought, the FBI and other agencies would not be pouring out money in the millions to search for a woman they believe to be in hiding. They must have reasons to believe she is the victim of foul play which we are not aware of.

I agree. LE is usually quick to say that without evidence of foul play they believe that the person left voluntarily and refuse to search for them. So the fact that they are searching at all tells me that they have found something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenitsa
Back