Pastor of mega church says wife has gone away for 1 year...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the same link.

As Pastor Carpenter told congregants at the church and those watching the Internet livestream, Mrs. Carpenter has voluntarily checked into a one-year rehabilitation clinic where she has been put in isolation for evaluation. Admitting during his remarks on Sunday that he did not exactly know what was ailing his wife, Pastor Carpenter nevertheless shared that he had been informed by a therapist "that it was the worst case they had ever seen."

Isolation? WoW!!!

She's promising husbands a better sex life, if they let their wives attend the women's conference. Tells them their wives will rock their world. Wrong to preach about on so many levels. It was not a sermon at all to me, but more like a Dr. Ruth sermon.

I personally think sometimes Christian women are confused about what is Godly and what is (excuse) being a *advertiser censored*. What most Christian women don't understand, if you are with your husband, it is never "Un-Godly". That seems to me what she was trying to teach.

A BJ with your husband isn't the same as a BJ with a boyfriend. Giving your husband a BJ or being on top is a good thing for him and you. It's still Godly, you are still with your husband.

Hope tried very hard to teach that, without being crass. It's a good lesson. JMO!

(I am so ready for tomatoes right now!) But I still think I am right!

Oh, by the way, I think Hope is dead, I think her husband killed her. This whole year long BS is just that, BS. He is just trying to cover his tracks so that he can continue to receive donations. Again, JMO!

In this video he talks about his oldest son's problems with drugs (at about the 10 minute mark). He is visiting some church in Connecticut. The story about the son is in conjunction with his 'selling' his videos or whatever they are.

Drugs, four car wrecks, a baby, 3 arrests, 2 rehabs later, and a court ordered place for one year.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b6gyn0HnfY4

I have noticed he seems to have a chronic cough.

IMO, Ron is what happens to a sociopath that realizes he can make more money by conning then killing. He wants fame, in the good way, but he still wants it on HIS terms. Hope eventually became more of the problem then she was the solution. So he "let her go."

Another thought is that Ron was always a good guy, then someone else corrupted him. Who was that? He really seems like his own worst enemy tbo.

I am going with the former. He is only in this for himself. JMO.

God should never be an excuse, he should be your reason.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/r...y-prompts-prayers-debate-over-privacy-106691/

After Pastor Ron Carpenter, Jr. of Redemption World Outreach Center confessed to his congregation over the weekend that his wife, Hope Hilley Carpenter, had been placed under psychiatric observation after carrying on multiple affairs during their two decades of marriage, members of the Christian community have showered the grieving father and husband with prayer. However, others have questioned the Greenville, S.C., minister's wisdom in publicly divulging his family troubles. :thud:
BBM

Institutionalized for one year for this reason?

Never heard of such a thing. Something is definitely missing from this story. Why tell the congregation (and now the entire world) unless it is to garner sympathy and more donations? Why not simply tell them she is ill?

:waitasec:

MOO

Not a church with Christian teachings, on so many levels. However, again, hopefully she is safe somewhere. Just cannot believe she is in extended treatment and for what?
MOO

My guess is that she's to be "reprogrammed" ~well, darn, I don't know how to put it without getting into trouble. :banghead:
If it was a psychiatric problem he could forgive her for her affairs and not be divorcing her but not if her affairs were with other women. KWIM? How could he continue being head of this mega church and still be married to her? ** This is not how I believe but I'm pretty sure that would be his thinking. This is MY opinion and mine alone. :moo:

Years ago I knew a pastor, a very charismatic, well loved man, who got up on a Sunday morning and told his congregation that his wife had left him for another woman. Let it all hang out even mentioning the woman's name. He began drinking and being unstable, it was an ego buster for him, so within months he was replaced as pastor. He is no longer a pastor and not even involved in churches of any kind.

She's promising husbands a better sex life, if they let their wives attend the women's conference. Tells them their wives will rock their world. Wrong to preach about on so many levels. It was not a sermon at all to me, but more like a Dr. Ruth sermon.

Why is it wrong for a woman to talk to women about sex in a conference setting?

Oh, by the way, I think Hope is dead, I think her husband killed her. This whole year long BS is just that, BS. He is just trying to cover his tracks so that he can continue to receive donations. Again, JMO!

based on what?

Does he ever teach the Bible during that video? It's all about him, him, him. I can't watch someone sounding like that. He seems dopey and his clothes all winkled.

It is in NO WAY wrong! Even in a Christian setting! Christian might mean chaste before marriage, after marriage, all bets are off as long as you are with your husband. Too few Christian women are taught that though!

That was NOT the women's conference meeting, when she stated that. She was preaching in church, and selling tickets FOR the conference.

based on what?

I have no proof. Just my gut feeling. My entire life in the "religious" church gives me an insight into these "type" of men that not ever one will understand.

I never said it was fact, I just said it was my opinion. I stick by that. This woman is dead, her husband killed her because she no longer agreed to live his lie/life.

I have no proof. Just my gut feeling. My entire life in the "religious" church gives me an insight into these "type" of men that not ever one will understand.

I never said it was fact, I just said it was my opinion. I stick by that. This woman is dead, her husband killed her because she no longer agreed to live his lie/life.

All post are JMO, unless I back it up with a link, But sleuthing is why we are here.

All post are JMO, unless I back it up with a link, But sleuthing is why we are here.

True, sleuthing is the best! But sometimes our experience help sleuth and they help form opinions that eventually lead to better sleuthing.

Sometimes our opinions help OTHER people sleuth things we couldn't sleuth on our own.

And better yet, sometimes our gut feelings, that we can't explain ourselves, help other people outside those emotions, sleuth and help explain why our gut felt that to start out with..... that is why we are all here, and that is why we all share things that are just gut or opinion or thoughts.

The articles posted today are freaking me out. This entire --my wife is an adulteress and needs psych help in an isolated place ---song is odd. Id question anyone who secretly sent their wife AWAY for a year. Have the wife's parents been alerted? Her oldest son? BFF? If this poor woman has been locked up in some creepy place with no means to communicate with her familly...well, someone needs to check on her...physically see her.
imoo

I was very clear in what I stated, I was also in compliance with WS TOS. My thoughts were only added because I thought someone of more experience could add to what I thought to be true.

This woman is literally GONE! No member of her immediate family OTHER then Ron has legitimately talked to her. How is it odd of me to think he either killed her or had her killed? It's JMO, but it really seems likely too..... fault me all ya want, but this is a sad case of religion clouding the truth. I am christian and I hate this to be true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy